Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Friend's cat wants to grow some pot
    #853188 - 08/30/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My friend's cat is tired of spending so much of his hard-earned money on crappy weed. So he's decided he wants to grow some out of a decent baggy he got recently. Now, he smokes like 1/4 oz. in two days (he only smokes at night too). How much is the avg. yield of a plant from bag seed? (This isn't any special strain, just pretty good quality, good enough for him to be happy with, anyways). He doesn't need specific weights, a broad range would be good. He realizes different strains have different yeilds. Also, is this worth the risk, if no one knows about it but the person who owns the house he's growing it at? He will definately not sell any, its all for personal use, which is why he wants to know yields (wants to know how much he should grow to last like a year or so). Sorry if this doesn't sound very good, I just took two hydrocodones the cat gave me. Meow.

Also, how early can you start the flowering cycle? Like, the minimum age in weeks, and recommended age.

Another edit: He is also cutting way back. Kitty college can be tough, y'know. And I don't care if people say its a myth, that cat is fucking LAZY when he smokes up!

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Edited by ShroomSkin (08/30/02 11:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Friend's cat wants to grow some pot [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #853477 - 08/30/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

damn , thats alot of weed! well, yeild is also a function of how big the plant is and what kind of lighting is used amongst other factors. so how big do you plan on letting it get and what are you using for lighting? also, you can flower the plant very early, as early as three weeks into the veg. stage as far as i have seen
( maybe earlier) but you wont get very much yeild at all.

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #858310 - 09/02/02 05:01 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I would say the youngest you would want to put a plant into flowering is about 4 weeks. At this age, most plants will be about 1-2 feet tall and will be about 3-4 feet tall at the end of 8 weeks of flowering. The risk will be low if you are the only one who knows about it but the one thing most new growers don't realize is just how bad flowering marijauna plants smell when they are flowering. You must have the smell vented outside as even a couple plants can stink up your entire house BAD which will crank up the paranoia knowing that anyone who steps into your house will smell it. Venting it outside will help but then you have to worry about the smell wafting over into the neighbors yard and if they get a whiff there could be trouble. They have these new charcoal filter systems you can get as well as ozone generators, either of which will almost eliminate the smell but they are both really expensive. So before you grow you need to ask yourself just how much you're willing to invest to feel safe. By the time you buy a light, venting system, a filter or ozone gen., and all the pots and plant food, you are looking at atleast a $500 investment. As far as yield goes, with a 4 week old plant from seed that gets 8 weeks of flowering, you are looking at about 1-2 ounces of manicured bud from each plant under optimal conditions including 1000w of light. There are numerous factors that contribute to the final yield that I won't discuss here but 1-2 oz is something to shoot for. This estimate is for growing in soil, if you were talking about a bubbler, for example, and only had one plant so it got lots of light, you can get many ounces from a single plant. The age and size of the plant when you put it into flowering has a huge impact of yield as well, bigger plants produce bigger yields.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Friend's cat wants to grow some pot [Re: Scratcher]
    #858565 - 09/02/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorta new here, what's cat?

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Re: Friend's cat wants to grow some pot [Re: daussaulit]
    #862837 - 09/04/02 03:49 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you Scratcher. My cat (I adopted him) is gonna be using a non air-tight shed (not on his property) to be growing them in. About 12'x18'. Now he needs to know about lights...he knows he needs lights with blue spectrum for vegetative, and red spectrum for flowering, are these available at WalMart? And about the watts, if you use multiple lights, can you just add up the watts? Like say two 500 watts would equal one 1000 watt? How many would he need for like 10 plants?

About the smell, is there a way to just help a little? I really don't think its gonna be a big problem for my cat considering where he lives, but he just wants to play it safe. Any ways to help control it, but not eliminate it completely would be good. After all, my cat only has about $250 spending money at the moment! (Damn cat has a good job....for a cat.)

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #863666 - 09/04/02 12:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Im no expert but 1000w or light you should be able to grow 500 g MINUMUM. Most intermediate -> advancedgrowers can pull 1g of bud per watt of light, and expert growers are getting about 1.5. That is why I said 1/2 gram per watt.

Go to http://www.overgrow.com they are a very good site.

Btw I am not sure of this but 2 500w lamps will produce more heat than 1 1000w lamp so if you have good ventilation then I wouldn't worry about it but if not I would look into getting a 1000w. When you go to the site look at the "Marijuana Bubbler Garden" or click this link. http://overgrow.com/articles/12

In reply to:

The system is easy to build and maintain. After it's built, you only need to buy nutrients, pH down, and airstones. I'm positive that after one crop it will be clear that the bubbling bucket is one of the easiest growing systems ever. I have setup pure beginners with this system and made them look like pros. One friend pulled 24 ounces of quality bud from a 1000-watt Hortilux on his first try. This article will take you through a production garden based on Highgrade?s bubbling bucket.

Something to look into.

After you get through reading that go to the forums and start looking in the GrowFaq for the awnsers to your questions. It is a really extensive archive of frequently asked questions.
Hope that awnsers some of your questions. If you have any more I am on there under the same alias. If you are serious about this pm me I would like to talk.
Later

Edited by blahblahblah (09/04/02 12:58 PM)

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Re: Friend's cat wants to grow some pot [Re: blahblahblah]
    #863684 - 09/04/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I just noticed you said you were going to grow in a shed...
If you do you are going to have to figure out a way to light proof it. Wouldnt want the people next door thinking there is a ufo parked int there lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck