Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Ideal Temp, cutting location and RH for Salvia CLones
    #2157557 - 12/04/03 07:36 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

so i have a plant that is about ready to clone, and i have a few questions.

Questoin #1, where do i cut ?
i figure that i can make a clone for every node that the plant has, leaving me with about 30 1.5 inch clones

Questin #2 what is the ideal temperature to keep the clones at while rooting?

Question #3 what Rh should i kep them at? i would figure 100% would be ideal but im not sure

Question #4, would my clones benifit from the use of any of the following

root tone,
olivas cloning gel,
hydroponic nutrients,
or super thrive?

thank you for your time

also i plan to put some of these into a hydro system and some in pots.

thanks guys,

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Re: Ideal Temp, cutting location and RH for Salvia CLones [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2157697 - 12/04/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"Questoin #1, where do i cut ?
i figure that i can make a clone for every node that the plant has, leaving me with about 30 1.5 inch clones"

I would use every 2 nodes (less stress). you should also have some healthy leafs on each cutting.

"Questin #2 what is the ideal temperature to keep the clones at while rooting?"

75 F

65-85 F

"Question #3 what Rh should i kep them at? i would figure 100% would be ideal but im not sure"

95% make sure they can get some fresh air.

"Question #4, would my clones benifit from the use of any of the following"

You only need clean water, no need for anything else.

--------------------

Cactus

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: Ideal Temp, cutting location and RH for Salvia CLones [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #2157853 - 12/04/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

1. The smallest clone can be made with 1 node and about a inch of stem below that they don't root well. Some of my plant are 5inch internodes some 1-3 inch on beween nodes. You can root on on a stem ive done it quite sussfully. i use rock wool.

2-salvia clones root better when its warm to a point.. SalviaEngland the right numbers. Ive done direct stick a cutting 4-6 inchs long it is taken and place in the a 4in pot then take that and place it in a 90-100 %RH temps 55-65 it will root and wont wilt(for me anyway)

4-root tone, I use rooting gell when i make cutting and place them in rock woll

olivas cloning gel,?

hydroponic nutrients,Salvia seem to respont fast to planting it in hydro. full hydro not hydro nutes to soil.

super thrive? There is lot of talk about this i got it say it works ok 1 drop /gallon seems weak. I use it for a seed soak(other plants) and lost my seed from mold(paper towl methot)

--------------------
DO what I Would

OfflineRilloRiley
Stranger
Male

Loc: Northern Virginia
Re: Ideal Temp, cutting location and RH for Salvia CLones [Re: ZippoZ]
    #8560459 - 06/24/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i try to have at least two or three nodes on a clone, as few leaves as possible (2 or 3 full sets; something like that) i find rooting them in just plain water or water with some kind of hormone is the best method. I put mine in seperate containers under a ten gallon fish tank outdoors (temp is around 75-85 degrees farenheit daily) and under a bush, salvia really appreciates shade and humidity. Putting a glass cover/sandwhich bag over the clone while rooting will help prevent leaf loss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds