Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Spore Printing, Q
    #854605 - 08/31/02 07:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I received my ordered spore syringese from the little guy, after I use it all up can I reuse the syringes for my own spore printing use? Is it safe? And when you use the mushroom cap for the printing, does it have to be fresh? Can you use dry caps? If not is there any way to preserve the caps so they dont dry therefore allowing you to print later?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Spore Printing, Q [Re: Zwieback0]
    #854613 - 08/31/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I received my ordered spore syringese from the little guy, after I use it all up can I reuse the syringes for my own spore printing use? yep

Is it safe? properly sterilize it (suck up 12cc of 90% alcohol about 3 times and its good to go. but make sure you read FAQ's on syringe making for other opinions)

And when you use the mushroom cap for the printing, does it have to be fresh? yep
Can you use dry caps? nope. spores will not stay inside the cap while its dry; the drying process drops 90% of the spores out. that 10% is still left but odds are that a mold spore may have gotten on that cap or gills and it will contaminate your syringe guaranteed; but there should be viable spores youll just get contams as well.

If not is there any way to preserve the caps so they dont dry therefore allowing you to print later? nope if your shrooms stay wet they will rot in a few days. you could flash freeze them (liquid CO2 or N2) and store in a sterile environment... in other words no you cant. printing is easy just take a clean 1/2 pint jar; some copier paper (swabbed in alcohol) and a fresh mature cap. set cap on paper on sterile tray or whatever and cover with upside down jar to keep out contams. remember teh only thing that cant get contaminated is that little white square of paper. after 24 hrs quickly remove the jar and fold paper in half capturing all teh spores and scotch tape all 3 exposed sides; leave no openings as spores may fall out.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale