Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Oxygen ritch environment...
    #835733 - 08/22/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ive been playing around with the idea of a computer controlled system that monitors heat, temp and air putiry.

Thinking of this Ive been wondering if pure oxygen pumped into the fruiting chamber @ about 25% more than average would make bigger healthier fruits?

Hell it works for plants and Co2 so why not mushies?

Also has anyone messed around with climate controll softwhear and all that stuff before?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #835744 - 08/22/02 10:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

There is absolutely no scientific (or even sound theoretical) basis for this that has ever been sugested the many times this topic has come up. Oxygen seems to have little promise for our hobby. co2 levels are what matter, not oxygen.

On the other hand, what type of climate control software are you looking at? An x10 system or what?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: mycofile]
    #835843 - 08/22/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ive just been looking through some sites, most of what Ive found have been for large scale greenhouses but they say they can be adapted to small environments and the controlls are the same...

The oxygen thing was just a thought, it seems that if air exchange is soo important then more oxygen might help... Guess not..

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleShaw

#836046 - 08/22/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

what is the point of air exchange if it is not to provide oxygen? From what i got, he was saying leak oxygen in to replace the oxygen used. so no contaminates would come in with new air.

--------------------

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: Shaw]
    #836121 - 08/22/02 01:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Actualy what Im saying is to add oxygen... The air you breath and the air around you isnt that pure in oxygen. In fact a 100% oxygen ritch environment could kill a person.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: Shaw]
    #836143 - 08/22/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

To remove the CO2, which will build up otherwise.
That is why TMC, GGMM, etc. list CO2 ppm as a critical value to measure. Not to say oxygen is unimportant, but when CO2 is removed, it is assumed that some fresh O2 joins the great gaseous orgy.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Offlinemarathonman
studento'shrooms
Loc: always movin'
Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: DinoMyc]
    #836270 - 08/22/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wouldn't at least some contams also thrive on a more O2 rich environment? Just a stupid question...

--------------------
** Everything written here is a lie **

"There is nothing so exhilarating as being shot at, and missed." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #836442 - 08/22/02 03:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Got any links, I never found anything I thought suitable without doing some major work on components. Largest problem seemed to be with accuracy of hydrostats, but I think there were other concerns with some of the systems I looked at.

I have seen a decently set up X-10 system though. Not too professional, but a neat novelty. Homeboy could adjust his air exchange cycle with his cell phone! Now that's dedication!

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineggordon
Stranger
Re: Oxygen ritch environment... [Re: mycofile]
    #836780 - 08/22/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, the X-10 system is an awesome setup but kinda pricey once you put all the components together. Mind you, you could set it up for other things in your house too.
I have been desiging a board using a BX24 chipset but haven't posted details yet because I am completely busy until mid September. When I do have the time I will etch some extra board then whomever from the board can just buy the components and stick it together (I suck at soldering and hate it).
Another reason for not posting about this until now is that I am waiting on some sample embedded chips that a buddy is bringing back from Tawain in a couple of weeks. If they work well it will slash the price of the controlers to a fraction of using a BX24. I will keep you all posted.
Anyone else working on a controler system with programming ability in essembly or Fourth (for the embedded chips) drop me a PM

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix