Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338464 -

Before straight up dismissing these ideas, I do wonder; what exactly is the purpose of the intelligence agencies?

Most contracts you sign regarding digital communications state in the small print that all digital information / correspondence is stored indefinitely for a minimum period of 18months.. My ISP and cellular phone carrier are both guilty of this.

I often wonder what this ever more totalitarian state is capable of, and it is apparent that our so called world leaders do not really do much. They push the agenda they are told to push, meanwhile we are kept in a perpetual state of fear in order to make their job easier.

The UK has the highest density of CCTV cameras per head than anywhere in the world. People are more afraid than ever before and our freedoms are quickly (and subtly) being sacrificed.

I definitely am willing to entertain the idea that there is at least some kind of alternative agenda here.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: allhallows]
    #8339278 -

allhallows said:
You're missing the point. I'm not complaining because i'm spoiled. I'm complaining about how the government runs things. I'm not going to change my attitude towards MY government because of the starving kids in Africa.



Well, threads in internet forums are not really known for bringing about changes in government policy. Nobody lives under a perfect or even ideal government. If you drew a random national government out of a hat, you'd probably want your own back. So why not deal with the not-so-bad bag of hammers you ended up with, and leave the whining to the truly unfortunate.

*That* is demonstrating perspective.

Complaining is a nasty habit that makes life worse, not better. To complain is to momentarily forget everything good in your life while you lament some specific part of it that you'd make different if you could, under the pretense that you are making a difference.

Yeah I know I have my health, people that love me, all the food and water I need, education, medical care... but these FUCKING GAS PRICES! JESUS!! I can't bong in public! It's not fair!!

We all feel an urge to cry foul sometimes. Learn to identify this impulse and mistrust it. Don't be tempted to run with it, it'll just burn your life away.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Cepheus]
    #8339887 -

Cepheus said:
Before straight up dismissing these ideas, I do wonder; what exactly is the purpose of the intelligence agencies?

Most contracts you sign regarding digital communications state in the small print that all digital information / correspondence is stored indefinitely for a minimum period of 18months.. My ISP and cellular phone carrier are both guilty of this.

I often wonder what this ever more totalitarian state is capable of, and it is apparent that our so called world leaders do not really do much. They push the agenda they are told to push, meanwhile we are kept in a perpetual state of fear in order to make their job easier.

The UK has the highest density of CCTV cameras per head than anywhere in the world. People are more afraid than ever before and our freedoms are quickly (and subtly) being sacrificed.

I definitely am willing to entertain the idea that there is at least some kind of alternative agenda here.


There is most certainly an alternative agenda, and it is not in our interest. So far, fear mongering seems to be a big goal. All this talk about "terrorism", the television constantly repeating this mantra over and over, hypnotizing the masses into a state of fear. Cameras beaming at you from every angle; Police carrying out martial law training in the suburbs. Keeping people in a state of fear and panic is simply another tactic to force the people to hand their decision making over to big brother. People make stupid decisions when they are afraid. Decisions such forfeiting their gun rights, their right to not be spied on by their own government, the right protest the actions of their government without being labled a terrorist. Some find it hard to fathom that our government is moving into a totalitarian state, but the signs are everywhere if we just open our eyes to see. Then again, what civilization in human history did not live under the rule of a corrupt government?


--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: satyr]
    #8339944 -

Heh, if you lived in some of the neighborhoods I've lived in in Chicago you would understand why I'm in favor of urban cameras.

I'm willing to bet some of our New York inhabitants would feel the same way.

You have no expectation of privacy in a public place.

None, None, None.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8340999 -

Ive lived in some high crime areas myself, and am not completely against their presence in areas such as those. I can understand the logic that places them there, but the fact is that they do nothing to decrease crime in most areas. The reason I brought up the camera thing was not to illustrate their singular purpose, but to use them as an example of how we are slowly being adjusted to accept government intrusion into our daily lives, and to accept a much more controlled and totalitarian society. No matter what side your on, its obvious that people are more willing to accept this type of society now than they would have ten years ago because of the constant fear mongering by the media.


--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: satyr]
    #8341120 -

I live in a small town in Indiana. My wife and I only make about 50k total right now, but we seem to be fine. We owe like 65k for her 4 year degree, but we can't pay it. So we just don't lol. Can't pay what we don't have.

We bought a 3 story 90 year old house for 88k. It's a pretty good house, just needs a few windows replaced, new siding, and some paint. We have money problems like anyone else. We just had our 2nd son 4 weeks ago. I pay child support for a daughter ive never seen. that makes me upset. Money issues i can brush off, but i have never spent a day with my daughter because of the legal system. There is no reason why i shouldn't be able to see her, but her mother kidnapped her. The government doesn't care. That is my problem.

Gas prices suck. The world has enough food, just not honest people to feed the starving ones. The US has been rotten to the core since day 1, I'm not elaborating. I was inflicted with a disease from the government from vaccines they gave me. My mother was a drunk and beat me as a kid. I don't know my father, but he swore if he found me he would kill me.

You know what tho. Life is good. I have this amazing nack for brushing things off. I keep the ball rollin, and i never even think twice about the bad shit anymore. the world will go on without me complaining about it. As long as i can live in relative peace and happiness, I'm good! I feel bad for people in need, so i do what i can to help people.

I have my issues with everything you mentioned OP. My thing is, i just don't dwell on the bad stuff. I don't ignore the bad stuff, i just acknowledge it, then move on. Dwelling on the bad stuff just brings out more bad stuff, and you can't be happy that way.

I'm not saying i would ever let any man or government tell me what to do, but i do follow the rules that make sense. If the gov starts making the rules a bit to ridiculous, then i would be the first person to stand up and say fuck you!

The gov is trying to tell us what we can put in our bodies, and I say try to stop me. They are trying to take away our right to own a firearm, and I say try to take it from me.

I'm ranting my mind here it seems. Just typing whatever comes to my mind from reading everyone's posts. I had alot of shit to say but you know what? I don't dwell on it, and it doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is when innocent people are hurt and killed. That makes me get all sorts of pissed off instantly.

Don't sweat the things that make your life difficult. It makes you stronger. It might piss you off, but does it help to dwell on it? not one damn bit. Worry about the things you can control, then fix that.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Kada]
    #8341435 -

LordOfChaos said:
I live in a small town in Indiana. My wife and I only make about 50k total right now, but we seem to be fine. We owe like 65k for her 4 year degree, but we can't pay it. So we just don't lol. Can't pay what we don't have.

We bought a 3 story 90 year old house for 88k. It's a pretty good house, just needs a few windows replaced, new siding, and some paint. We have money problems like anyone else. We just had our 2nd son 4 weeks ago. I pay child support for a daughter ive never seen. that makes me upset. Money issues i can brush off, but i have never spent a day with my daughter because of the legal system. There is no reason why i shouldn't be able to see her, but her mother kidnapped her. The government doesn't care. That is my problem.

Gas prices suck. The world has enough food, just not honest people to feed the starving ones. The US has been rotten to the core since day 1, I'm not elaborating. I was inflicted with a disease from the government from vaccines they gave me. My mother was a drunk and beat me as a kid. I don't know my father, but he swore if he found me he would kill me.

You know what tho. Life is good. I have this amazing nack for brushing things off. I keep the ball rollin, and i never even think twice about the bad shit anymore. the world will go on without me complaining about it. As long as i can live in relative peace and happiness, I'm good! I feel bad for people in need, so i do what i can to help people.

I have my issues with everything you mentioned OP. My thing is, i just don't dwell on the bad stuff. I don't ignore the bad stuff, i just acknowledge it, then move on. Dwelling on the bad stuff just brings out more bad stuff, and you can't be happy that way.

I'm not saying i would ever let any man or government tell me what to do, but i do follow the rules that make sense. If the gov starts making the rules a bit to ridiculous, then i would be the first person to stand up and say fuck you!

The gov is trying to tell us what we can put in our bodies, and I say try to stop me. They are trying to take away our right to own a firearm, and I say try to take it from me.

I'm ranting my mind here it seems. Just typing whatever comes to my mind from reading everyone's posts. I had alot of shit to say but you know what? I don't dwell on it, and it doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is when innocent people are hurt and killed. That makes me get all sorts of pissed off instantly.

Don't sweat the things that make your life difficult. It makes you stronger. It might piss you off, but does it help to dwell on it? not one damn bit. Worry about the things you can control, then fix that.


:thumbup: You seem to see things the way I do. The world sucks, but what can you do? You can stand up for what you believe, and do what you can, but nothing more. Its funny that you say that about vaccines, that is what first led me to question the pharmaceutical cartel, and in turn, the government. A few years back I fell ill after recieving a series of vaccinations for med school. I stayed sick for about two years from multiple illnesses that I had no idea were connected. I later found out I was suffering from MERCURY toxicity from additives in the vaccinations. After a few months of chelation therapy, my health returned, but my body is still somewhat damaged from that time.


--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* extortion
( 1 2 3 all )
LiveByFreedom 2,761 41 04/16/05 10:35 PM
by fufungi
* Cat Piss
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 26,259 106 10/06/20 06:37 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Anyone ever use a windshield repair kit? cosmicpirate 634 2 12/24/05 04:14 AM
by Bkultra
* turning piss yellow???? hairs 1,334 11 10/06/03 11:41 PM
by lowercase
* *Bush disrespecting Canada (I'm starting to love you guys)*
( 1 2 3 all )
spacedragon 9,183 48 09/13/03 12:02 PM
by Gus
* Start of a rap what you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
jamzymc 2,471 47 03/05/18 09:33 AM
by mapleleafmarijuana
* these kind of people piss me off to no end!!! eric_the_redS 2,002 14 01/09/04 01:27 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,369 27 02/16/03 08:56 PM
by vivid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,660 topic views. 5 members, 13 guests and 193 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.