Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: allhallows]
    #8338037 -

:shake:


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: allhallows]
    #8338044 -

I'd say as long as you have food, shelter and water, you're doing pretty well. Most of us in America even have the option of being comfortable in our homes, eating healthy fresh food, and drinking purified water. That IS luxury.

If you are bummed about gas prices, bike more. You can bike crazy distances on a good bike, and sure it takes a little longer, but it's healthier and more cost efficient. 7 miles? No problem. 12 miles? No problem; just do it. They even have carts you can pull around on the back of your bike to hold more stuff. Or use more public transportation.

There are options. In regards to the drug law rant, well, I daresay that the current laws and prosecution system don't stop you from making your own choices when it comes to drugs. Sure the laws are stupid; but that's part of the price we pay for living in a country that harbors such luxury.

And you DO always have the option of abandoning society and taking off on your own to live in nature, but I'll bet you'll have to work even harder to simply survive, and you might not be as comfortable all the time.

Just be thankful for what you have. We're all alive and using the internet for pete's sake; that's something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: MOTH]
    #8338046 -

Excellent post, Moth.

:heart:


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338117 -

Thanks.  :hippie:  For me personally, I realize all I truly need in this world is my health. 

As long as I have that, everything else seems okay.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: MOTH]
    #8338160 -

MOTH said:
And you DO always have the option of abandoning society and taking off on your own to live in nature, but I'll bet you'll have to work even harder to simply survive, and you might not be as comfortable all the time.



Even if I was to do this, I would still be subject to the law that society governs.

I am grateful for the fact that I'm even alive (let alone the opportunities and other things I have access to), but authority is something I have an issue with.

I'm not an anarchist or anything like that, I just don't think that one man should have any sort of power over another man. The mere fact that you can be put in a cage for possessing a small amount of the fruit of a plant is absolutely absurd.

I have no problem with people believing in something or living their life a certain way, but as soon as they start imposing their wills on me I don't think I can stand for that shit. All I do is mind my own business, I don't force my will upon anyone else :shrug:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Cepheus]
    #8338180 -

Cepheus said:
I'm not an anarchist or anything like that, I just don't think that one man should have any sort of power over another man. T

I have no problem with people believing in something or living their life a certain way, but as soon as they start imposing their wills on me I don't think I can stand for that shit. All I do is mind my own business, I don't force my will upon anyone else :shrug:.



That works out all well and nice if everyone is a good person.  But even a hippie has to admit that there are people out there willing to do anything to hurt or injure other people.

Do you think nobody should have the authority to tell these people to not hurt others?  Not murder others?

Your utopian view of society only works if everyone behaves like you say you do, which is obviously not true.  You may not like the way the police or "authority" function in America, but you have to see that there is a place for them in any civilized society.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338222 -

This can quickly become a philosophical debate, but I think the presence of the police / intelligence agencies contributes to the problem.

What makes a person bad? are some people just born evil? or is it environmental (which is my opinion on this matter)?

Yes, some people rape / murder / steal, but I think this is a product of society itself, as opposed to straight up evil people.

I know a Utopian society will never work on a large scale, because people are too dependent on hardship and struggle; its what defines us as humans.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Cepheus]
    #8338256 -

Maybe the RATE of violent behavior is an environmental effect, but I think the EXISTENCE of violent individuals is pan-cultural and pan-environmental.

Humans evolved from other creatures and every other creature in the world exhibits aggression.

I don't believe for a second that we've been able to suppress these instincts when we still carry with us so many other relics from our long-ago past.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Cepheus]
    #8338273 -

There's a lot to be pissed about.

Although gas prices, housing prices, etc.. I could care less about.

What really grinds my gears, is injustice. Denial of human rights. Genocide and murder in the name of religion and government. Oppression.

I don't buy into this... just accept it, things aren't going to change.. be complacent mentality. Fuck that. That's exactly what they want.

In the face of tyranny I will not get on my knees and suck dick. I will stand and fight, and demand my rights as a sovereign human being, as well as the rights of all. Even if I am alone in doing it. Even if they kill me for it. At least I held to my principles. Of course, I don't want to get killed for it.

Live and let live. That's my philosophy. Do whatever the hell you want. But as soon as your will starts imposing on the will of others, that's when I start to get pissed. And there sure is a lot of that going around these days, so there's a lot to be pissed about in my book. Ranting accomplishes nothing? I'd say being complacent and doing nothing and sitting quietly in the corner accomplishes a lot less. I suppose Martin Luther King accomplished nothing with his rants. The truth is people are afraid of speaking the truth, because history shows us that people that speak the truth too boldly get shot in the face.

Am I happy with my life? Yes, I am. I have shelter, food, and friends. I don't have healthcare or many luxuries that many people in America do, but I am very grateful for what I do have. But I also realize we live in a rich and greedy country that was founded on the slaughtering of natives and has its eyes set on world domination and has a virtual stranglehold on the planet. We live surrounded by the illusion of luxury while we rape and pillage the rest of the world, quite literally. While most of the world goes starving we have the fattest people on Earth, even with some of our own people starving in our own streets. That's not cool. Not cool at all. And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Our leaders do not have our best interests at heart, and they only seem to care for themselves.. that much is apparent. These things make me angry. Going to foreign countries and killing people for no reason makes me angry. Locking people in cages that did not hurt anyone, makes me angry.

I'm content with living my life. Life is good. But I will not sit idly by and watch myself or a loved one be devoured by some beast. I'm not going to just retreat into the woods either and isolate myself from civilization and be a hermit. I'm going to speak my piece, and let my voice be heard. The people controls the government, not the other way around. It's time both of us remember that. But then, I'm a warrior for the light. So that's just my nature.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Shroomism]
    #8338302 -

I disagree with almost all of your assessment.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338311 -

Elucidate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: DieCommie]
    #8338315 -

DieCommie said:




I'd rather be that guy than live in New Jersey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338317 -

Well thats the thing; the modern human has almost a layer of abstraction between what we know as an intelligent being and what we know as an animal.

Everyone has the capability to be nice to others and act in a benevolent way, however environmental factors lead to loosing this layer of abstraction and acting more like the 'beast' within.

If we didn't live in a society which strives for individualism and materialism there would be no need to transcend this abstraction into realms of animosity. If there was some kind of predisposition for harmony and togetherness then I think most, if not all, of modern societies problems would dissipate to such a degree that it literally was a minority.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Shroomism]
    #8338335 -

I was going to, but I didn't want to seem argumentative.

Statements about us slaughtering the "natives" is silly. Yes, we killed many of the people who were here when we (Europeans) arrived. But do you honestly think they had this land forever? I guarantee you that they displaced someone, who had displaced someone else, who had displaced someone else back until the walked here from Siberia. And if think they did peacefully, you're out of your skull. They killed, pillaged, and slaughtered their way in just like every other society in history.

And they propagated the wanton slaughter to extinction of almost every large N. American land animal well before the Evil Europeans came.

I don't believe that people are starving because Americans are fat. The world grows plenty of food to go around. The problem is distribution, not supply. Blame the warlords in Somalia that won't let us give food to starving people. That is a fact.

I don't believe we're raping, literally as you say, the world. Rape is used as tactic of war by many armed groups in the world, but the Evil United States Military is not one of them.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338377 -

Damn I was hoping I'd get a response. Heated internet discussions are probably one of my favourite past times :grin:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Cepheus]
    #8338385 -

I would love to continue this conversation, but I need to go perform my daily penance at the altar of the Capitalist Swine God, also known as WORK.

:stoned:


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338426 -

I don't pretend to know how the "natives" had the land to begin with. History is written by the victors. I do know that many of them lived peacefully on the land and wanted to share it with us. But we decided to take it by force. Of course there are exceptions.

The 'Evil United States Military' has little to nothing to do with the tactics of war. If you believe that there is not a global network of "elites" calling the shots, I think you may be out of your skull. No offense. I never said starving people was a lack of supply. Distribution is a deliberate act of control. The CIA has had a direct hand in hundreds of coups in countries around the world, that is fact.. and I would not doubt for a second that we did not have a large part in Somalia, regardless of what CNN says to believe.

Point being that there is in fact a global organization beyond the government, whose goal is ultimate control over the entire population. Many wars are orchestrated from both sides, with the goal of reducing the global population. And we are given a puppet show to watch.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Shroomism]
    #8338431 -

Yeah, I don't believe that at all.

Step away from the William Cooper book and put down the kool-aid.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Shroomism]
    #8338445 -

Shroomism said:
I don't pretend to know how the "natives" had the land to begin with. History is written by the victors. I do know that many of them lived peacefully on the land and wanted to share it with us. But we decided to take it by force. Of course there are exceptions.




So are you denying that we can have any knowledge of anything we don't personally witness?

You think the people who were here when we got here just magically appeared from Asia and walked peacefully across the United States, living off the land the entire way?

That's ridiculous.

You can draw plenty of inferences from history. The Indians have stories about warfare between tribes, if you don't trust The White Man.

Refusing to believe anything contradictory to your viewpoint, even in the face of strong physical evidence is not healthy skepticism, it's brain-numbing stupidity.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: This world is starting to piss me off! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8338450 -

It's ok if you want to believe in fairy tales. - regarding the 'non-existence' of the Illuminati.
Try taking your own advice in the face of strong physical evidence.

As far as Indians tribal warfare. I don't doubt it. Some tribes were warlike, some weren't. Some attacked, some defended. But they didn't completely obliterate each other. I don't really see what that has to do with my point.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* extortion
( 1 2 3 all )
LiveByFreedom 2,761 41 04/16/05 10:35 PM
by fufungi
* Cat Piss
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 26,273 106 10/06/20 06:37 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* Anyone ever use a windshield repair kit? cosmicpirate 634 2 12/24/05 04:14 AM
by Bkultra
* turning piss yellow???? hairs 1,334 11 10/06/03 11:41 PM
by lowercase
* *Bush disrespecting Canada (I'm starting to love you guys)*
( 1 2 3 all )
spacedragon 9,190 48 09/13/03 12:02 PM
by Gus
* Start of a rap what you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
jamzymc 2,471 47 03/05/18 09:33 AM
by mapleleafmarijuana
* these kind of people piss me off to no end!!! eric_the_redS 2,002 14 01/09/04 01:27 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Post deleted by Moe Howard
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,369 27 02/16/03 08:56 PM
by vivid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,660 topic views. 4 members, 7 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.