Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
Loc: Turtle Island
Canada's PM a National Embarrassment
    #828178 - 08/19/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

PM's a National Embarrassment

? Bob MacDonald -- Toronto Sun

U. S. President George W. Bush has launched "Operation Enduring Freedom." Canada's Prime Minister Jean Chretien has launched "Operation Patch-up." Beginning from the first moments Sept. 11 when he was informed about the first plane hitting New York's World Trade Center, Bush has strongly led his nation to deal with and fight back from terrorist attacks that killed more than 6,800 innocent people, including 33 or more Canadians.

Declaring early on that "We're at war," he mobilized his military and a large investigation force; organized an international anti-terrorism force -- even reaching out to Muslim nations; sent his cabinet into action; kept Congress, including Democrats, well informed of what was going on; went to Ground Zero in New York and encouraged the rescue workers; reached out to the American people with sympathy and strength, including one of the most stirring and rallying speeches in U.S. history.

"I will not forget this wound to our country, or those who inflicted it; I will not yield. I will not rest.
"Our war on terror begins with (bin Laden's network) al Qaida, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated."

And yesterday, Bush flew to Chicago to give a speech to airline workers and urge Americans to start travelling again -- noting extra security makes flying safer than before.

In other words, this rookie U.S. president performed as a man of decision and courage.

In sharp contrast, Canada's Chretien has proved a national embarrassment. To put it mildly.

From the start, he seemed in a daze. Beyond extending sympathy, he took little or no action. His most noted statement was to claim there were no terrorists in Canada. Quite stupid since his own intelligence agency, CSIS, had reported 50 terrorist cells and 350 individuals in Canada.

He refused to pledge Canada's full military backing to the multi-national force, something that fellow Commonwealth nations Britain and Australia had done immediately.

He failed to call his cabinet meeting until a week after the attacks, and the Commons wasn't recalled into emergency session. He even left his defence and immigration ministers attending meetings overseas.

And when Chretien finally went to see President Bush in Washington, he didn't even pay his respects to Ground Zero on the way. Instead, he went to a Liberal fundraiser in Toronto that evening.

When he met Bush, it was noted Canada's military was so under-manned and saddled with dangerously obsolete equipment that it would be of no use to the anti-terrorist force.

So the president instructed him to get to work going after terrorist cells in Canada and toughening our notoriously weak immigration and refugee system.

And so, with Canadians (except in Quebec) increasingly angry with his dithering -- some comparing him to Neville Chamberlain -- Chretien launched his Operation Patch-up.

He finally met his Liberal caucus but told them little. He showed up in the Commons, but spent his time bashing an art gallery for postponing an exhibit of Arab-Canadian art.

Previously, he had visited an Ottawa mosque to apologize profusely for any harassment Muslims might have experienced -- but didn't ask them to declare support for catching any terrorists and supporters -- in Canada or elsewhere.

No, no such thing. After all -- ever the politician -- Chretien well knows that he and his Liberals get most of the immigrant vote, including that of the growing Muslim population.

So yesterday, as part of Operation Patch-up, the prime minister made a big thing of announcing he's going to New York tomorrow to visit Ground Zero. He gave some malarkey about Mayor Rudy Giuliani saying it's okay to visit now. Oh, and he invited the opposition leaders to come along on his jet.

Meanwhile, he's allowing two of his favourite taxpayer-aided companies -- Air Canada and Bombardier -- to announce massive layoffs (firings). And without proof of how much business they have actually lost.

Unfortunately, the truth is that Chretien feels Canada's war is already over -- since he's escaped without pledging fighting troops. But he now admits that "perhaps" there are terrorist cells in Canada -- even as the RCMP raids places in Toronto connected to a suspected Arab terrorist who lived here six years and is now held by the FBI in New York.

However, based on past election successes, Jean Chretien obviously feels Operation Patch-up should work.

Source

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: EvilBastard]
    #828880 - 08/19/02 06:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You do realize, of course, that the Toronto Sun is a tabloid paper which features a Sunshine Girl & Boy, and is generally aimed at those Canadians suffering from severe impairment of their major cognitive abilities?

For one thing, this is old news, from like October or something. For another, it's wildly exagerrated. Seems like someone has been browsing Canadian news archives. This, and that one regarding the hazing incident from 1993.

Bush more than made up for Chretien's delay in paying his respects by refusing to offer even a token note of sympathy when US planes bombed Canadian soldiers.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: Phluck]
    #829173 - 08/19/02 08:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

For one thing, this is old news, from like October or something.

Hmmm... "old news" (gee, a whole ten months ago!)

The statute of limitations apparently only counts when Canada is being criticized. But if we're talking about the USA -- whoa! Different story! Everything from Viet Nam to slavery to the killing of Native Americans in the seventeenth century is fair game.
Can we say "hypocrisy"?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: Phred]
    #829481 - 08/20/02 03:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Can we say that Canada's Prime Minister is also an idiot? What makes you think that our politicians are competant?...I mean seriously, they're POLITICIANS for god's sakes! As an American you should know better than any, how retarded governent can be....Does "Homeland security" ring any bells?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: Rono]
    #829567 - 08/20/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i believe he's just pointing out the hypocrisy of your (your country) american insults..we never said we were perfect, it just seems there's a lot here who have an inferiority complex

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: Innvertigo]
    #829594 - 08/20/02 05:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You choose to think that because I'm insulting your government I am insulting you, which I am not. Don't get so defensive...You can say whatever you like about my government and I would probably agree with you...but when people try to insult me personally just because I condemn their governments actions, that's their issue, not mine...

--------------------

OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
    #830264 - 08/20/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You nailed it.

OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
    #830302 - 08/20/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You choose to think that because I'm insulting your government I am insulting you, which I am not

Don't assume you know what I'm thinking. You post BS from a conspiracy site that is obviously anti-American as truth. Spreading lies and degenerate conspiracy theories about 9/11 is similar to the neo-nazis that argue 6 million Jews didn't die during the holocaust.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#830321 - 08/20/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

Spreading lies and degenerate conspiracy theories about 9/11

Please explain what you considered was a lie. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it a lie.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#830327 - 08/20/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
    #830383 - 08/20/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it a lie.

Exactly, so leave the ufo journalism out of it and realize what really happened.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#830441 - 08/20/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You're good at attacking my view points and information sources without the burden of providing any of your own for scrutiny...so how about it?

--------------------

OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
    #830477 - 08/20/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My life doesn't consist of posting anti-canadian conspiracy theories from a site that discusses ufo's, NWO and canada.

If I ever would post a serious news report it would come from major sources with journalism credentials (CNN, etc.) not biased sites run by paranoid delusionals.

THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE -Christianity & The NWO ......................AND...............

DEURNE, Netherlands (Reuters) - A plaster bust of Elvis Presley wept "miracle" tears Friday on the 25th anniversary of his death, its Dutch owner said.

That's where you get your "truth" from? (rense.com)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#830640 - 08/20/02 02:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You pick and choose your arguements poorly...many of my sources are mainstream...CNN, The Washington post, CBC, BBC..etc...you only choose to see the ones that suit you. Like I said, it's easy to critisize someone else when you don't present an arguement of your own. You asked for sources, I provided them...simple. Now I'm simply asking you to refute what i'm saying with sources of your own, not just opinion.

--------------------

OfflineEvilBastard
journeyman
    #830820 - 08/20/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You actually want me to refute something from rense.com?!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #830921 - 08/20/02 04:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

CNN isn't biased? :P

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Canada's PM a National Embarrassment [Re: Phluck]
    #831712 - 08/20/02 10:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Actually they are biased. They lean so far to the left that they are losing viewers in droves.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#832074 - 08/21/02 04:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

You actually want me to refute something from rense.com

No, I'm asking you to refute ANYTHING I've said...regardless of the source. Here's your big chance champ...don't let me down.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #832264 - 08/21/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

we do refute it by saying your sources are nothing more then conspiracy theories backed by the sites that run them. Why not just go to onion.com and find some stories. The Internet is full of these sites, and about 75% (or more) are just that conspiracies.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#832290 - 08/21/02 06:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

ONE source was questionable...what about the rest?...CNN, BBC, CBC...etc. Are they all crazy as well? The only thing you've said is that these are conspiracy theories...but not once have you proved anything I've said was wrong...you (and I don't mean "you" specifically) call me names, use words like "silly"..or "stupid"...but never have you proved me wrong.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/21/02 06:53 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck