Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
One more salvia question
    #811038 - 08/11/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I am starting to think that my salvia is doomed.

After reading the advice of a few from my last post i decided to make the humidity tent for my salvia along with a couple other things that I had read on:

I uprooted to check for root rot...seems all clear

The roots were not uniformly spread out because of poor replanting the first time after receiving it in the mail. So I cut most of the mess away and had a nice grouping of roots left that I was able to plant nicely and uniformly.

Does any of this sound right/wrong/deadly?

How long do I use the tent?

I will admit....my salvia is a trooper....it has persisted through all the harsh bullshit I have put it through, but it just hasn't had the strength to grow or florish. What do I need to change/keep the same? Thanks!!!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
Re: One more salvia question [Re: chemkid]
    #812322 - 08/12/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

uprooting can put a plant into shock. check around on the internet for proper soil mix for salvia ( i hear it likes well draining soil) . salvia is a tropical plant used to the diffused light & high humidity of such a climate, so the tent will be a good addition. salvia_Uk will probably be able to help you better than me

--------------------
overgrow

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: One more salvia question [Re: chemkid]
    #813611 - 08/12/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

too much humidity can also be bad.

I'd suggest removing all necrotic tissue from the plant, i'd also prolly remove all the dirt from the plant and replant it in a pot with new soil. Perhaps it has some disease, allow it get acclimated, add some fertilizer, not too much. put the humidity tent on and keep it outta dirrect sunlight. Otherwise you perhaps cut too much of the root ball off.. It will now either suffer for a long time and perhaps die, or suffer for a bit and then bounce back, wait and see i'd say.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder