Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Salvia Emergency!
    #1648178 - 06/20/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My plant hasn't been doing too hot lately. It just looked like it was in kind bad shape, getting alittle brown, but I figured it would recover fine. Well I woke up this morning and about 3/4 of it has dryed up and twisted into a brown skiny lifely thing. The bottom of the plant is really soft, like I'm afraid if I touch it the skin my break and it might pour out. All the new leaves that were growing on it died.

If I were to guess I'd say it was over watering but the only thing I have been doing is misting it abit. I'm pretty sure its not over watered. Any chance of survival? :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Salvia Emergency! [Re: DailyPot]
    #1648209 - 06/20/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

All soft like a cactus gets all soft from rotting? If so, then it's rotted or was attacked by some sort of contam or verticullum. It's donefor probably, remove all the necrotic tissue and leave whatever seems green and alive, let the soil dry to the touch at the top and then water again. See if it recovers. But i doubt it.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Salvia Emergency! [Re: neuro]
    #1649183 - 06/20/03 07:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The rest finished transforming. It looks like the last brown soft little french fry in the the container :sad: I'll see if theres any good stuff under ground. I dunno from experience if it looks like a rotting cactus but I'm guessing it does. It happened so fast...in a day the whole thing just died. There is another plant with it thats doing just fine...it big, beautiful, and healthy. I dont understand what happened. Shame...

I guess I'll take it out of the ground and see if theres any life in it and if not then I guess I'll bury it somewhere :frown:

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1650842 - 06/21/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

She's finished.

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1653286 - 06/22/03 11:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i had a similar problem last week. i think something ate the roots of my two biggest plants. one of the plants died, but i saved the other one by tying bags of jiffy mix to the base of all the branches that were still green. all the leaves that were on the plant at the time of attack are still slowly turning brown and falling off, but new leaves are growing from nearly every node now.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Salvia Emergency! [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1653685 - 06/22/03 04:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My suggestion wuld be to cut any healthy upper shoots you might have and root them. Also, for all salvia gorwers out there, for god's sake, turn to hydro. My mother was roughly a fott when I got her. My first set of clones have almost over tkaen her in a little more than a month. I've actually xfered my soil mother to hydro... she's lost most of her leaves but is finally recovering and I can't wait to see the growth rates once she's acclimated and is getting full strength nutes. In my experieicnes, I have never seen anyhting respond so well to hydro, evenbetter than tomatoes.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: Salvia Emergency! [Re: Teon]
    #1653997 - 06/22/03 06:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My salvia had light brown-tan at the bace of the 2 secondary stems i thought is was going to die but is was fine after 3 weeks the stem grew fast and the brown got lighter.

But i made a small cutting. The cut was made throught the light brown -tan spot ther was very little if no hole in the center of the stem.

I made a cutting on one and left a node behind the cutting well the cutting surived well but the note left on the mother plant dryup up 2 inch right down to the next node below it then stoped drying out.
I just got poor weather for salvia.

Hope it helps.

--------------------
DO what I Would

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden