Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Salvia Success.....Finally!!!
    #842224 - 08/25/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am totally amazed at how resillient Salvia is. Some of you may remember all the troubles I was continually begging for advice on. I guess I just wasn't respecting my plant enough so it wasn't respecting me with a lot of beautiful growth. Thanks to the advice of SalviaEngland, Neuro, and Psychonaut I now have an almost "impossible to stop" growing salvia. So here is my advice to "soon to be growers" :

1.) As soon as you get your Salvia (especially if mail ordered) put a humidity tent
around it. I use a 2-liter soda bottle with the top cut off (works excellent).

2.) Once you replant it into a bigger pot (after it is healthy enough) don't just put the
roots into a big ball and put soil around them. Spread them out as evenly as
possible, maybe even cutting some of them away if necessary.

3.) Try to spray inside the tent 2-3 times a day to mimic the humidity they are used
to.

4.) Once the plant has obvious signs of growth and health you can start cutting
back on the humidity and eventually rid yourself of the tent.

5.) I was also plagued with bugs for a while. If this happens an insecticide that is
specific for fruits and vegetables works nicely (this is important as you plan to
consume this stuff).

6.) Plant it in a plastic pot as this helps retain the moisture in the soil. I don't find it
necessary to water more than once a week. This doesn't mean that I don't
regularly check the soil to make sure it is moist (like it's native habitat). Don't
overwater as this will lead to root rot.

There are other subtle hints for successful growth but everyone's particular situation is different. If anyone else has any ideas to add or criticisms to my post then by all means post them. We want future growers to be successful don't we?
Most of this advice is not of my own great disoveries but in discovering that this advice was right when it was given to me (and didn't follow). Good luck all.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: chemkid]
    #842707 - 08/25/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't remember if they made a Salvia faq or not, (i've never read one nor have needed to), this little list would be a good working start to one.

Although I do use a clay pot, just because i like the soil to dry out or get dry fast, cause i have no life and want something to do atleast everyday, so watering my salvia fills in the spaces of my dull boring life.

Offlinepsylo33o
enthusiast
Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: neuro]
    #843198 - 08/25/02 10:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hum... I also use clay pots, as they supposably give more oxygene to the roots and avoid root rot..
Hey, have a detailed look on internet, they do have some faqs, I don't know the adresses by heart, just have a look on google...

--------------------
I am the holy spirit
I am whole in spirit

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
    #843218 - 08/25/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nice one chemkid, good to see you are growing these plants successfully

Some very good advice. Can we see some pics.??

& thanks for the acknowledgment.

Regards

--------------------

Cactus

Offlinechemkid

Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #857149 - 09/01/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

As soon as I get off my lazy ass I will post some pics. LOL

One more thing to add.....when you have a power outage...make sure to recheck your light timer. My plants went two and a half days with no light. They went on strike!!!!!

--------------------

Offline_VisioN_
The Crying Orc
Loc: Valhalla
    #861403 - 09/03/02 10:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dude where can i buy salvia seeds and how long till i can smoke it, good thread by the way nice and imformative,lol. scrumptious.

-Vision

--------------------
ShRoOmZ
Long live...METAL!!!

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: _VisioN_]
    #861840 - 09/03/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Salvia, rarely sets seed, and when they're like 99/100 times inviable. You need to get cuttings, and you smoke the leaves, so you can basically smoke the leaves of the cutting you get. Unless you want to plant it, then you gotta wait for it to take root and grow a little so you can take leaves without harming it.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #863732 - 09/04/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how many leaves do you need for 1 "dose"

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: Raadt]
    #864016 - 09/04/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, dosage varies a lot between people. Smoking leaves is awful, but, here are some tips i've learned myself.

If you're going to smoke leaves:
Get a gravity bong, and burn up the leaves in a large gravity bong let the head of the smoke out just a little (ie, push the bottle back into the water a cm or two) then take in as much as possible good a slow, but in a timely manner. It'll get you good and whacked like the first hit of 10x extract.

If not: Get 5x 7x or 10x extract, smoke up, you'll either want to get extracted tarry gum, or fortified leaf.

Offlinechemkid

#864160 - 09/04/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You said that smoking leaves is horrible. How do you consume them........do you do the quid method?

PEACE

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #866106 - 09/05/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

[Smoking leaves is awful, but, here are some tips i've learned myself.]
in response to it:
man, you must be gay if you find salvia smoke to taste bad or to be harsh!!! what would you say about a marlboro???
salvia tastes fine as a joint.. i find it way smoothier than jane.. it's just harder to roll but it's ok, don't grind it too fine or you're gonna eat it...

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#866701 - 09/06/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I normally make an extract and put it back onto a leaf, and then smoke it in a bong or gravity bong.

As for felixhigh, i don't know who you think you are, but if you're telling me that you smoke just a straight joint of salvia, then you're full of shit, read the FAQ it even says it's a "hot harsh" smoke, ask anyone here. They'll tell you smoking leaves is a bad way to go, because it's awful and a poor way to get a good high. So calm your agressiveness down man. No need for such asshole remarks.

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #867322 - 09/06/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Plain leaves are horrible! Taste exactly like leaves from your yard except more bitter. Although it isn't nearly as harsh as say DMT or 5-MEO.
Recently I tried the quid method with the "less bitter" strain... *LOL* I would hate to quid the "more bitter" strain sufficed to say.
Neuro I would be interested in an extraction method as I find the extract to be much easier to deal with. If you could either PM me or perhaps post it that would be great. I haven't work with diterpenes that much so more information would be just dandy.
thanks

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
    #867326 - 09/06/02 12:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

sorry about that.. congrats on your success by the way. I know it can be a challenging plant to deal with initially.
continued success my friend...

--------------------

Offlinechemkid

Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: Alkaloids]
    #870129 - 09/08/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have never done the quid method either but I will eventually. After my experience with 15X extract though.....why would I want to do it any other way  :shocked: :shocked: 

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #870416 - 09/08/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hi neuro, sorry, i didn't mean to be agressive. i find salvia to be smoothier than weed. altought i have only tried mjb's leafs and i have already tried extracts and i haven't felt much more effects than when smoking pure leaf (even with the equivalent of a LOT of leaves at once). thats why i prefer pure leaf. i don't smoke cigs but i enjoy some smoke going in and out of my lungs, someone who doesn't likes smoke sure doesn't have a reason to like salvia's smoke... didn't mean to offend you neuro, just wanted to discuss this a little further. i am happy with salvia leaves.  (at least those made me happy).
:smile:

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia Success.....Finally!!! [Re: Alkaloids]
    #871315 - 09/09/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't do anything further than soaking in alcohol for 1 or 2 days, depending on what i'm doing, and how busy my life is at the moment.

Try to procure some pure methanol, or 98% pure alcohol. Soak, and then boil off the alcohol on a slow boil, or leave on an evaporating dish. Then i scrape it up, and that's it. I don't get any fancier than that, as it seems to do the trick for me when i smoke it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck