Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepl151

humidity drop for fruiting??
    #797565 - 08/05/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

in a terrarium there sits 3 casings, 2 eq's and 1 cambo, straight verm casing for these and inition of pinning cycle has just begun about 4 days ago. temp is around 70 -74F and rh at a pretty steady 97-98 %. i know this is a little high but ive read this is cool for this stage of the pinning cycle. fanning 3 - 4 times and 1 mist perday is constant while maintaing condensation on the walls of the terrarium. still waiting to see pins but dont expect them for another few days. one problem, from past experience that i dont wanna deal with as im sure no one does is overlay and although you can see rizomorphic growth through the cracks i think its cool for now. do you all still think the humidity is still too high though? i dont wanna mess around with the parameters too much right now cause it is a bit too early to tell but i figure since there is little condenstation on the wall they should be good. the main problem will be droppin the humidty during the fruiting cycle once pins have formed. i know this can be achieved by slightly raising the temp a few degrees, but i doubt thatll be enought to get it between 85-90%. in the past i have just had the lid propped open but due to paranoia of contams id rather not. so that leaves me with a big question mark floating around in the back of my head while trying to have a good time at some party. i was thinkin maybe i could open up some dessicant and leave it out somewhere in the room outside the terraarium, or maybe even place some in a inside the terrarium on a dish of some sort, but i m not sure if any of this would be too much or safe on the contam side. any help and reccomendations would turn this frown upside down, so if ya could help, that would be grand. thanks for bein the best in advance.

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepl151

Re: humidity drop for fruiting?? [Re: pl151]
    #798024 - 08/05/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

bbbump........
come on yall, help a brother out....

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #798228 - 08/05/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think you're all in the green. In The Mushroom Cultivator, Stamets calls for a humidity of "95-100%" for primordia formation. In other words, the more humid the better.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinepl151

Re: humidity drop for fruiting?? [Re: FanaTEK]
    #798232 - 08/05/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i was readin that too, but im a little concerned when it comes to fruiting time and i need to be around 90 or below. thnx for the reply though i was gettin worried there wasnt any life left. hehe

--------------------

how 'bout a hug??...

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #798249 - 08/05/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, sorry (misread the post).

All you'll probably have to do to lower your humidity is to stop misting every day. You could also try putting perlite on the bottom of your terrarium and use that for humidity instead. Finally, if that doesn't work, you could cut a small hole in the side of your terrarium (assuming you aren't using a metal or glass tank) and glue a filter disc over it. This is what my cat does, along with perlite humidity (he rarely mists), and it works like a charm.

Don't try to raise the temp any, that's only a temporary solution. Don't bother with dessicant in the chamber either - it will become saturated almost instantly in such a humid environment

Hope this helps a little.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinepl151

Re: humidity drop for fruiting?? [Re: FanaTEK]
    #798536 - 08/05/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thnx bro i figure when i completely stop misting during fruiting it should drop enough. the holes are already there so that should work to its advantage as well. thanks again for the help. results shouldn't be far

--------------------

how 'bout a hug??...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract