Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
manure project, needs experienced eye *pics*
    #787269 -

Ok. I am hoping someone will be able to give some good guidance here. I lost three other pans of manure to overlay because I didn?t know what I was looking at wasn?t what was desired.

In this scenario, I have two pans. The rectangular one is PR spawned into pasteurized manure and timothy kob hay. The round one is EQ spawned into pasteurized manure with timothy kob hay. In both spawnings, I mixed the substrate and manure very well, but didn?t know if it was important to sprinkle any on the top. Now I am starting to wonder as there are certain spots blooming and the rest is pretty un-colonized.

Here are some pics (taken on 7-31-2) for your consideration:

The PR casing.


The EQ casing.


Rhizomorphic growth in one spot.


Not so rhizomprhic growth in another spot. Is this due to the manure being too wet?

Overall, I?m also thinking this manure is too wet. I?m considering punching a lot of holes (perforating) the manure with an ice pick so the mycellium trapped below has access to the air and will grow up out of the holes to the surface. Is this a good idea? This manure was spawned on 7-26. Am I getting too anxious now that it?s only been five days?

Appreciative for any helpful insight,

di11rod

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: manure project, needs experienced eye *pics* [Re: di11rod]
    #788603 -

here's a tip add peat moss and vermiclite to your manure along with alder shavings if you can find some.
If not add plenty of peat moss and vermiculite it will lighten up th manure and make it more mushroom friendly for colonization.
You asked for experience you got it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: manure project, needs experienced eye *pics* [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #791752 -

yes and also cut down on the water next go around.

one more tip...when your pr casing is fully colonized case (50/50 is what i use) and initiate pinning immediately. prs are VERY aggressive and love manure. you will have overlay problems if you don't.


--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Outdoor Colonization on Shredded Wheat (Pic) Shroomie_Scooby 1,313 10 10/27/03 04:21 PM
by Tomandjerry58
* I have some questions ---> Grains & Manure. Starter 2,049 3 05/17/03 04:29 PM
by Demiurge
* timothy hay diseased 644 3 07/30/02 05:27 PM
by Papa_Bear
* store bought cow manure: a few questions RedHead 2,568 3 02/13/02 03:16 PM
by RedHead
* how I got store bought manure to work - and well cnidarium 1,510 4 09/10/02 02:05 PM
by SixCee
* Timothy Hay for Moes outdoor tek TRIPPYCHIK 2,414 7 09/18/02 12:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Cow manure/ peat moss/ hydrated lime (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Chemical_Smile 6,851 21 04/25/02 11:40 AM
by seattlekid
* MUSHROOMS AND HORSE MANURE *DELETED* blaw707 535 4 10/07/03 04:05 PM
by deanofmean

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,157 topic views. 14 members, 654 guests and 280 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.016 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.