Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Cow manure/ peat moss/ hydrated lime (pic) [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #618100 - 04/25/02 07:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineseattlekid
Stranger

Re: Cow manure/ peat moss/ hydrated lime (pic) [Re: Chemical_Smile]
    #618249 - 04/25/02 11:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

chemical smile...i just wanted to let you know that straight rye when cased does work. I now you said something about your experience that straight rye cakes don't work...i?m not really sure about that because my friend has never birthed just a rye cake. Now when you say that you've learned that you don't layer the spawn with the substrate but rather mix it. This is true if you are spawning a bulk substrate (like dung). What I was trying to say is that you can case the colonized rye in between two layers of 50/50+. You don't want to mix these layers because the idea of the 50/50+ or just casing in general is to provide moisture not nutrients. With dung that?s exactly the opposite...you want the nutrients in the dung and want it to colonized...that?s why you mix it. I really just wanted to urge to you that maybe since you're having trouble with spawning a bulk sub straight maybe you should just stick to basic casing till you get that down pat. Seems like you may be taking on to much to fast...remember keep it simple in the beginning...move on to bigger and better things when you have a few crops under your belt. I hope your new experiment works out for you... I've included a picture of my friend?s casing that used the methods I described in my last post. These are PES Hawaiians.

--------------------
Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds