Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: You act so superior that it makes me angry! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7698266 - 11/30/07 10:19 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Some people enjoy making other people angry.

Some people enjoy hitting/useing violence against other people.

Some people enjoy loving other people.

Some people enjoy giving to other people.

Its ALL ego. Its all a chemical manifested sense of self that cause actions and reactions.

Emotions are not true self.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: You act so superior that it makes me angry! [Re: Rose]
    #7698285 - 11/30/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Quote:

Middleman said:
So this is a "philosophical" post, right? :rolleyes:

Well for the record, you don't make me all that angry anymore.

It is a bit frustrating whenever I put forth a lot of effort into offering information to shed light on a mystery and you and others come a long and dismiss it all off hand.

But if you see my responses I take it all rather well, imo.

I don't see many others reacting to you in anger either.

Maybe it's you who is projecting...

Then why, last night, when I called an argument you made, "Bullshit"... did you respond by telling me I must be, "So full of myself"?

My comment was about your argument in that bullshit POST... your response was about ME... and totally against the rules of this forum, BTW.

I don't have to be tactful, to remain within the rules.

Don't worry, I'll live... and I will continue to argue my points without needing to personally attack you in return.

But it IS worth mentioning. Mr. Moderator.

I said "It must be nice to be SO sure of yourself." It wasn't said out of anger and I certainly don't think it was against the rules. :rolleyes:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: You act so superior that it makes me angry! [Re: Middleman]
    #7698299 - 11/30/07 10:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

It was an argument about me. It was unfounded. Check the stinking rules. For Pete's sake... there's only like, TWO in here.

I am not calling for your head on a plate. I am just debunking another of your bullshit posts.

You said you don't do that.

I said you did EXACTLY that, LAST NIGHT.

You just now confirmed it.

And yet... your ego won't allow you to admit you were wrong. Not last night. Not today.

This is as, "On topic" as it gets.

I admit when I am wrong. Case and point. I thought you said, "Full". I was wrong. You really said, "Sure".

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Middleman (11/30/07 10:41 AM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7698313 - 11/30/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Woops I hit edit instead of reply on your post.

I said I don't do what? Get angry? I didn't.

You may have been hearing more emotion in my words than I put in.
Communicating here is sometimes like shouting from afar...

There's a big difference between "Full of yourself" and "Sure of yourself"

"Full of yourself" would be a personal attack and against the rules.

"Sure of yourself" was simply an observation.

Sigh, I have better things to do...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7698321 - 11/30/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Then I hope you won't mind that I am going to re-insert the line you edited out of it.

First, I APOLOGIZED for my mistake... then, my post ended with me saying, "I admit when I am wrong. Perhaps that is what makes me so superior."

Thanks for, "Accidentally" editing it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (11/30/07 10:53 AM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7698323 - 11/30/07 10:48 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry I thought I put it all back. My bad.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#7698333 - 11/30/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

No prob. Shit happens.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: You act so superior that it makes me angry! [Re: Silversoul]
    #7698347 - 11/30/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Is any assessment of someone else's personality or motivation always a projection of one's own ego?  You've made some rather nasty comments about my personality via PM.  Can I assume that those are also projections of your own ego?  Personally, I don't get angry at your large ego anymore.  I just find it amusing.  Sometimes I think P&S might as well be called The Swami Show™.  You obviously relish the spotlight, and apparently have some need to be the center of attention.  That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing(though it can get annoying sometimes).  But frankly, I don't think it's merely projection to detect some condescension in your posts, especially when you make up derogatory terms like "the fluffy crowd" or "mystic-heads."  You do seem to have a sense of the superiority of your belief system(BS) over that of others.  That is not a judgment.  That is an observation.

However, while I do not think I am merely projecting this onto you, I do recognize that all these traits make up my shadow(in the Jungian sense), and thus rather than get mad at you, I try to forgive these things within myself.  That makes it easier to forgive the same traits in others.  I forgive you. :hug:

Wow! You should be a shrinkologist, that is right on. I sure am glad I'm nothing like the Swami. He's just old and bitter as his dreams have all collapsed around him and we are where he dumps  all that bitterness. I could go on and on.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: You act so superior that it makes me angry! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7698507 - 11/30/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Is any assessment of someone else's personality or motivation always a projection of one's own ego?  You've made some rather nasty comments about my personality via PM.  Can I assume that those are also projections of your own ego?  Personally, I don't get angry at your large ego anymore.  I just find it amusing.  Sometimes I think P&S might as well be called The Swami Show™.  You obviously relish the spotlight, and apparently have some need to be the center of attention.  That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing(though it can get annoying sometimes).  But frankly, I don't think it's merely projection to detect some condescension in your posts, especially when you make up derogatory terms like "the fluffy crowd" or "mystic-heads."  You do seem to have a sense of the superiority of your belief system(BS) over that of others.  That is not a judgment.  That is an observation.

However, while I do not think I am merely projecting this onto you, I do recognize that all these traits make up my shadow(in the Jungian sense), and thus rather than get mad at you, I try to forgive these things within myself.  That makes it easier to forgive the same traits in others.  I forgive you. :hug:

Despite your insight, this post is against the rules.

But apparently, this wouldn't have been:

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Is any assessment of someone else's personality or motivation always a projection of one's own ego?  A shroomery member has made some rather nasty comments about my personality via PM.  Can I assume that those are also projections of his own ego?  Personally, I don't get angry at his large ego anymore.  I just find it amusing.  Sometimes I think P&S might as well be called The Me Show™.  Some obviously relish the spotlight, and apparently have some need to be the center of attention.  That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing(though it can get annoying sometimes).  But frankly, I don't think it's merely projection to detect some condescension in some people's posts, especially when they make up derogatory terms like "the fluffy crowd" or "mystic-heads."  Some people do seem to have a sense of the superiority of their belief system(BS) over that of others.  That is not a judgment.  That is an observation.

However, while I do not think I am merely projecting this onto them, I do recognize that all these traits make up my shadow(in the Jungian sense), and thus rather than get mad at them, I try to forgive these things within myself.  That makes it easier to forgive the same traits in others.  I forgive them. :hug:

Silly, I know, but that's how some people play it.

I have to lock this thread.

OC, next time you open one like this (commenting on forum members) I'm just going to go ahead and delete it.

Ok, back to Spiritualizing and Philosophization... :kittyeagle:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder