Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to
    #1053175 - 11/14/02 06:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In the last few days I have really been making some progress. I am using the trance state to dovelpoe my chakras, and using the rope method to try and project. I think I have successfully gone into a trance last night.
      My whole body went numb, and I was feeling some weird sensation to say the least. I got into the trance by opening my lower chakras. It kind of brought on the trance. At that point It felt as though my asral body was loosening. I tried to project myself to an upright position, and it almost felt as if my legs were totally out, and underneath me{I was lying down on my back}!!!! I am really exited, I cant wait  for my first expereince in the asral plane!!!
I really felt like my legs had totaly left my body, it was really exiting. I have had an astal projection before, but that was when I was a kid, and did not know what to do. I was in a dream, then went strait to paraylasis, then back out of my body, through a door, then was pulled back. I didnt know what to think then, but now I realize what happened.
  My theory about the astral plane is that projecting is not accually going to the asral plane, it is just being able to get into a dream, without loosing conciousness. I beleive it is all in the imaginenation, whcih seems a lot more logical to me.
I'f there is anyone else that has some expereince, or is at all interested in asral projection, Id love to here what you have to say. Expereinced people can give the best advise. This post is for anyone who is interested in astal projection. I beleive I have naturally active chakras, whch makes sense totally. I have always been more spiritualy conected with nature than most people I know, and am a very artistic person, so I beleive that has something to do with it. I find it all sooooo cool. I just cant wait for my first expereince!!!! Im soo exited:)  One thing I have a hard time doing is keeping still when trying to aceive the trance state. MY left hand always wants to tense up and shit. Anyone else notice this??

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to [Re: Glacius]
    #1053402 - 11/14/02 07:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

My theory about the astral plane is that projecting is not accually going to the asral plane, it is just being able to get into a dream, without loosing conciousness.

This is lucid dreaming. Many would argue that astral projection and lucid dreaming are quite distinct.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1053438 - 11/14/02 08:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i have also on few occasions successfully reached the trance state. On my head it felt like all the my hair was pulsing and swirling around and my astral body was rocking back and forth like I was on a boat in the ocean. I got so excited I lost concentration and it slowed down and eventually went away  :frown: ever since then, on average i can fall asleep faster cause i've learned to relax my body and let go of the tension in each muscle in my body. So even if you don't wanna have an OBE, the techniques of achieving astral projections are cool to know cause it's easier to relieve stress in your body and mind.

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1053452 - 11/14/02 08:09 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have just come out of the trance state. I was in it for about 15 mins. WOW!! I was all disorientated afterwards. I felt my legs lifting up again,l and my left hand out of my body. Ha, this is so cool. I gonno go try it again.

--------------------
addicted to reason

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1053480 - 11/14/02 08:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, I can only seem to enter an astral projection from the dream state. There is some amazing experiences in the astral realm. By the way, glacius, did you get my e mail?

Invisiblest0ney
ex-terrorist

Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to *DELETED* [Re: Glacius]
    #1053511 - 11/14/02 08:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by st0ney

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to [Re: st0ney]
    #1053551 - 11/14/02 08:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

but i cant do it.. i just cant do it.

Heh... There's one of your main problems.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down [Re: Glacius]
    #1054035 - 11/14/02 11:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My advice.... try not to expect anything, just let it flow... it will come easier that way.
I have found that astral projection is very similar to lucid dreaming in the overall "feel" of it, but there are two distinct differences.
Astral Projection, at least conscious projection... you do not fall asleep. You slip into the Theta state for a period of time, it is that period of time right before you fall asleep, but you don't fall asleep ya hear?
Lucid Dreams, you fall asleep, and wake up aware that you are dreaming. Through my personal experiences, I have found that you have pretty much the same abilities lucid as you do in the astral. My theory is that they are just different perceptions of the same plane. They are both extremely vivid and clear, and your thoughts manifest instantly in both planes.

Now as to the actual conscious projection.. I let my body relax completely, by focusing on every inch of it, starting at the feet. Focus on every individual muscle and let it relax. Work the way all the way up the body and your whole body should be comfortable and relaxed. Then I just stare off into the "void" and let my mind go blank. Be one with the void :laugh:.  It's a specific focus of concentration, I think, that allows you to maintain Theta state and allow for the "vibrations" to take over. Once the vibrations start, I completely let go of everything. Let them surround you, through you, be one with the waves..

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down [Re: Shroomism]
    #1054069 - 11/14/02 11:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My Advice- You will be overcame with a 'fear barrier' when you have reached a high level of trance. Try to overcome this fear and keep pushing.

It usually works better when your body is somewhat tired but your mind is very active. You also have to be in a good mood. Feeling creative helps too.

Always lay flat on your back with your arms on your chest.

You should get a 'rollercoaster' or vibrational effect going in your mind. Concentrate on speeding it up and it will build.

Make sure you stimulate all of your chakras somewhat equally, maybe a bit more for your 3rd eye. Also try to concentrate on different parts of your brain- your phenial of course as well as your pituatary gland (this helped for me).

The best and easiest time to project is the first time- just as long as you have the will power to actually do it all the way. Every time you try to project, even is unseccessful, you will have tenie tiny pupils.

When I had my 2-3 experiences, they always felt great after a while of focus; like tides of warm water rippling over your body. Even after I could move I didn't choose to move for a while because of this wonderful body high.

Good luck!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (11/14/02 11:57 PM)

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1054612 - 11/15/02 04:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, some more progress!! It seems I entered the trance a little easier this time. I really focussed on the rope, and felt my left hand move to the left, just my mentally putting it there. It was really cool. I am going to go try again right now:) I will do it!!!!!!!!! I am determined!!!!! I will also go with the flow:)

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
    #1054653 - 11/15/02 04:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i am also very close to being able to consciously project. Every time I try I get soooooo close. Its like im just hanging on by a threrad. I guess I just need to let go of that last bit of fear, expectation, excitement, or whatever it is thats holding me back. I know I will consciously project sometime in the near future.

I also have a question for anybody who might be good at interpreting dreams.

I have a lot of very violent and bizarre dreams, and I am wondering where they could be coming from. I have tried analyzing them but they just dont seem to make any sense. Are frequent, violent, disturbing dreams a sign of something else? I would really appreciate any input. sorry to be so off topic. Thanks.

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to [Re: postanaldrip]
    #1054710 - 11/15/02 05:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think that those dreams are anything to worry about. I dream about everything, uncluding some violence. I am sure it is you sub-consious mind trying to tell you something. I wouldnt worry about them. Try and overcome them. Easier said than done eh?? Good luck:)

--------------------
addicted to reason

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1054841 - 11/15/02 06:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i dont get it, it seems like everyone has the ability to project 'BUT ME'. maybe i have no concentration or balance or whatever but i cant do it.. i just cant do it.

There, there, stoney. Don't fret. There is nothing to get. Astral projection is pure imagination portrayed as a mystical state by those wanting so hard to believe.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to [Re: Swami]
    #1054869 - 11/15/02 06:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

There you go again making assumptions just because you havent seen evidence to satisfy yourself! :grin:

I myself have experienced the vibrations that so mnay people mentioned and I first experienced them before actually reading about them. I have also had one experience of oobe, unitentional and it may well have been a dream as i was close to slleep at the time. However it was unlike any other dream I can recall.

Im going to practice the methods and see what occurs. I reserve any final judgement, perhaps you should too Swami becasue I fail to see how you can prove your assertions with any certitude. 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1055291 - 11/15/02 12:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well Swami, even if it is just a mystical state of mind, or dream or what ever the fuck you think it is, I wanna be there!!!!! I wouldn't rule out the possability that it exists though, thats just narrow minded. I have my whole theory on how it works, and think it might just be transition into a lucid dream while retaining consiousness, but I dont have the right to make a final beleive yet. Maybe you should be a little more open minded. Have you ever projected before??

--------------------
addicted to reason

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1055447 - 11/15/02 01:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Uh huh, whenever I disagree with some outrageous claim, I am narrow-minded. Even though I was "open-minded" when I did the research and FOUND NOTHING.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1055457 - 11/15/02 01:28 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Swami do you astral project? To me, it's the same as doing a wake induced lucid dream. Sometimes i float out of my body. Sometimes I find myself in a dream enviroment.

Anybody can do it. Just go to the sites and they'll show you how. Ignore the mystical content if they have any. All the websites give you steps and they all essentially work.

Once you've gone into your dream world you may have a better understanding of how a person may be fooled into thinking this is'nt all in their head. Some experiences seem more real than real!
:grin: :grin:
I have debated (with myself) whether it was an other dimension or whatever and didnt really come to a satisfactory conclusion. 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to [Re: David_Scape]
    #1055774 - 11/15/02 02:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Your not narrrow minded. Its good to disagree with things. Just dont rule out the possability, that all I am saying. I suggest learning how to project like dave said. Just go to the website, and learn how to do it, then do it, then make your conclusion. Whatever it is, asral projection, or lucid transition into the dream state, it has happened to me before by accident, so I know it is possable. Whatever it is though, you dhould try it. It might be fun:)

--------------------
addicted to reason

Invisiblest0ney
ex-terrorist

Re: Asral Projection:I cant wait!!!! Lets get down to *DELETED* [Re: David_Scape]
    #1055806 - 11/15/02 03:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by st0ney

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1056111 - 11/15/02 04:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Swami has to disagree with everything.  :tongue:

I put myself in a trance last night before bed, I didn't intend to but I suppose my subcontious was wanting to or something (because of this discussion). I actavated my 3rd eye pretty friggin well, my other chakras were a bit hard- I think that is what I need to work on more next time in order for me to go any further.

Anyway, I had a good slow breath and it lowered my heart rate. Usually I have trouble with the right breathing pattern and can't slow it down for some reason. I felt a warm energy throughout my body and realized I'll have a good chance of projecting. I was mostly focused with my 3rd eye chakra. After a while, I suddenly got a flash of color and a strange (unnatural) feeling in my head- I knew I was getting somewhere. Then I was getting a heartbeat that wasn't from my heart but my head. I haven't felt that in a long time (I have has this before thow).

I was defanately dooing good chakra work for my 3rd eye, but the rest I could barely do anything for. This is the reason I had to give up after a while of not progressing further. I do think that every attempt helps thow and now I know what I need to work on more next time.

:smile:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (11/15/02 04:38 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology