Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefunkyballoon
Pooh-Bah
Re: Birthed cakes 6 days ago, now turning a blue-green!
    #74618 - 02/16/00 04:03 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

What are their growing conditions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Birthed cakes 6 days ago, now turning a blue-green! [Re: funkyballoon]
    #74620 - 02/16/00 04:27 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ok..my growing conditions are like this: BRF,VERM. use spore-syringes from sporechicks, and their version of the PF tek. Temp. reads about 75-80F, and the humi. is about 95-100%. Hope this helps.

Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
    #74621 - 02/16/00 04:48 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

well i thought my cakes were contamed...but it was just the brusing of the conditions... i have also learned that the cakes get blue when the stress (from changes in environment.

my suggestion is to give them some time, like week. by no means do i know nearly as much as other people here but thats just my suggestion and right now i have a cake that has a ton of primordia (they just arent maturing...but i think thats another problem)

-ar393

Anonymous

#74622 - 02/17/00 11:09 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, I had the exact same problem one week ago!
Not to worry...they're just reacting to the new home as well as lack of proper ventilation. Make sure you fan the trays with the terrarium cover like the sporechiks say, and for good measure, apply MORE CASING on top of any exposed spots. The casing is what's needed in order for the pins to "push" through. I wrote the chicks and this is their reply, if it helps:
Hey:
Sounds like you did the right thing - but watch those casings closely. Blue generally is lack of air and/or rough handling that bruises the mycelia. Green is Trichoderma and you don't want that. Just fan it out very frequently and keep an eye on your humidity and mycelia poking through the top. Have some hydrogen peroxide ready if you see any more green (or remove new casing layer and spray liberally.)
Sporechicks

------------------
"...that's my business. Just remember that I did you a favor."-- DeNiro as Vito Corleone, GF2

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures