Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBerkleeStu00
Stranger
1st year at vibes, first high level trip, level 4?
    #746004 - 07/14/02 07:03 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This last weekend was my first trip to Gathering of the Vibes music festival (July 4-7). In fact, not only was it my first time, it was also my first festival, AND my first time camping.

The first day I was looking for mushrooms and found them with a nearby neighbor. In the past I ate an 1/8th but maybe they were "stale" or not grown in full potency conditions because my trip was extremely subtle. Thank god I like the taste of mushrooms because I downed these in about 30 seconds on an empty stomach (at the festival) right before we headed over to the field to hear some great music. The walk took about 15 minutes to get over there as we were held up by our friends' purchases of various drugs. Within 20 minutes after arriving at the field the mushrooms kicked in hard. I "mumbled something" got up, and left my friends only to find myself facing thousands of people looking back at me. I was the guy stumbling over himself mumbling incoherently and tripping his balls off until I found my way out of the sea of people. I don't know how the fuck this happened but eventually I found my friends again waiting for me by the main road that leads back to the tent. My friends led me back to the tent upon which I dove for my pillow and for the chance to lie down (walking and standing up became extremely difficult). Lying on my back I remember looking up at my tent which seemed to extend as far as my eyes could see. It seemed like the roof would touch the sky. Earlier in the day my tentmate and I rigged a series of extremely cheap canopies supported by poles to provide shade for your stereo typical picnic. These canopies were so close to the tent that the wind, which had been blowing extremely hard that day, forced them against the tent. Because the material of the tent was partly see-thru, it felt like the tent was breathing, and it also felt like tentacles were ripping through the "safety" of the enclosure. Our campsite was within earshot of the stage. In fact, the sound although affected by extreme wind, was nearly crystal clear and I could hear every note. Within minutes Deep Banana Blackout came on, and though I had never heard them before, I knew I was about to experience something on an entirely new level. The music I heard literally paralyzed me. For a long time I could not move. The goosebumps I felt from the music became so hard my arms felt like bark. If I stared at something for a long time and closed my eyes I would picture exactly what I was staring at and within seconds a hammer would smash the image whereby the pieces would fall to the ground only to be replaced by images of outerspace: stars, planets, voids, the moon. I was tripping so hard (my 3rd total trip, 2nd with mushrooms) I thought I was going insane. I remember thinking "I can't get these images out of my head. I can't get off this drug, I'm going to be insane for the rest of my life" but when I looked at the palm of my left hand I read my own writing: "You are tripping " Earlier I had written in black permanent marker those words that would instantly be my saving grace. My realization, or remembrence of the fact that I was tripping on mushrooms caused me to burst into a sudden fit of laughter. Here I was about to freak out and have an episode over perceptions that were only in my mind. From that point on I felt extremely happy, content, and curious. As if lifted by a spell, I arose from my state of lying down and opened the door of my tent. One of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen was surrounded by clouds that were swirling and dancing to the music I was hearing. By this time, my friends came back looking to fix dinner for their hungry stomachs. Sitting around the camping stove, I was staring at the citranella candle that was lit to mask our human smell to the man eating insects that were ready to devour us whole. The flame seemed to dance in the middle of a carousel of stars, moons, and suns that were cut out around the top rim of the candle. When we eventually went back to the field I was blown away by the tone of the guitarist of the band we were watching. The tone of his guitar seemed like it came from a higher plane. Where Jimi's tone always evoked images of raw unbridled energy of man, the guitar I was hearing was the raw unbridled energy of God. I kept picturing the guitarist running with a herd of wild albino mustangs whose divine hooves shook the very ground they ran on. But he could only run with them for so long, for the enery was too intense to channel it any longer than a few seconds. Out on the field with my friends listening to great music with 6 cookies made of bud batter, several bowls of bud, hash, and opium and an 1/8th of mushrooms running through my system, the freedom I felt was like nothing I've ever felt before in my humble 19 years on this planet. I remember feeling so comfortable out there at night on the field that I lied down on my back just staring up into the clear sky, lit by a million twinkling stars.

Looking at the rating system it was hard for me to describe this trip in terms of numbers. I haven't tripped enough (5 times total) to quite grasp a feel for the levels of how hard I trip, but if asked I would have to rate this trip anywhere from a 3.5-4

Steve

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
Re: 1st year at vibes, first high level trip, level 4? [Re: BerkleeStu00]
    #748114 - 07/15/02 01:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Great post, I especially liked the part about writing "You Are Tripping" on your hand. I think I'll do that meself next time!

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: 1st year at vibes, first high level trip, level 4? [Re: BerkleeStu00]
    #748663 - 07/15/02 05:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I too like the idea of writing 'you are tripping' on your hand. I think I'll try that.
Sounds like a 3.5 - 4.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: BerkleeStu00]
    #748713 - 07/15/02 06:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: 1st year at vibes, first high level trip, leve [Re: ]
    #748850 - 07/15/02 06:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

No, write it on your forehead

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

Re: 1st year at vibes, first high level trip, leve [Re: BerkleeStu00]
    #748935 - 07/15/02 07:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I'd say about level 4. Sounds like you had an excellent time....

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports