Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
tripping alone & spirituality
    #395878 - 09/16/01 02:04 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i'm sorry if there's already a topic like this somewhere else.. i didnt see any posts about tripping alone and trying a sort of spiritual trip for the first time.

i've tripped a few times now, over the past year. i was always with friends, and we just acted like idiots and laughed our asses off. i have really enjoyed those trips and i hope i will be tripping with friends for a long time but i really feel the urge to trip alone for a change. I feel very confident about this and i have waited for about 2 months since my last trip because i want to make sure i have all the stuff i need for a new experience.
Now i'm wondering if it would be a good idea to take the trip to a kind of spiritual level, if this is even possible because i'm not really a 'spiritual person'. All i can think of is burning incense and staring at a buddha sculpture.
I just want to avoid sitting in my chair all night watching the trippy posters and doing nothing else.
I would greatly appreciate any ideas for my next trip (by the way i'm thinking of eating 3 or 4 grams of dried cubensis, which got me to a great level 3 trip the last time).
i hope you guys can help me out here.. i cant wait to trip again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: Jeroen198]
    #395914 - 09/16/01 02:43 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hmm, I had a fun solo experience in my room on a half-eighth, though there was nothing spiritual about it. i just had nice visuals and quite a mindfuck (I thought the police were outside my house the whole time, but it didn't interefere with my trip THAT much)

I have to say though, that trip alone was more fun than some group trips, but I had no spiritual breakthroughs or anything. i guess that comes on higher dose trips

sorry though, I don't know how to help you have a spiritual trip. maybe eat some mazatapec, or whatever they are called, shrooms.

It must be hard to trip if you anthropomorphize your shrooms.

We're all MADD here...

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #396023 - 09/16/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

did ya ever read huxley's novel _island_ ? the kids tripped in the temple after their mountain climb...
poke around the fane & erowid & csp for spirituality & psychedelic links...
namaste...

old enough to know better
not old enough to care

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: gnrm23]
    #396031 - 09/16/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

For a solo trip, I definitely think you have to be in the right setting, like outside somewhere. It just seems right.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #396095 - 09/16/01 06:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

you know I never thought of trippin solo outside ... ur right it does seem like a great idea. personally i'd bring a cd player and a small cd case full of a variety of cds for whatever mood im in, because i don't really care for the spiritual aspect of trippin

We're all MADD here...

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: HB]
    #396314 - 09/16/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

definetly got to be outside for a good trip by yourself... Ever been to the beach? sometimes it feels as if the swells of the ocean is like the breathing of the earth and everything just seems right in the world.. thats about as spiritual as I can get...

GabbaDj

Ok... Just to set the record straight....
I thought the cop was a prostitute.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: GabbaDj]
    #396320 - 09/16/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i don't really know about the beach ... it doesn't excite me very much and tends to depress me until it is dark out at the beach -- don't ask me why, it is just that everything in my life has a theme, and the beach just doesn't seem to agree with me. a forest, ranch or desert are my ideal places for tripping, though forests have a very dark, menacing feel to them that I probably could not handle too well alone. My ranch is GREAT but again would be too scary to trip at (at nighttime). Actually, any of the above would be scary to trip at at nighttime. But one day I would like to trip alone somewhere in nature, during the day.

If I tripped alone at night in nature, I'd probably scare myself to death (literally) because I have an extremely over-active imagination (just look at my artwork) which only goes away when I am with company. But when I am alone my mind tends to think it is loads of fun for me to have a major freak-out.

i just lost my train of thought, oh well

We're all MADD here...

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #396327 - 09/16/01 11:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I know what you mean, whenever I trip with friends its all fun and nothing else. When I trip alone it usually turns out spiritual (with one exception where I thought there were aliens landing on my roof). I think dosage is the key to a spiritual trip when your alone and not a very spiritual person. The higher the dose, the easier it is to let go. If you are tripping outside, don't take a very high dose, you could end up hurting yourself. If your gonna do it outside go to a place you know pretty well and a place that you feel calm, and peaceful. There is no physical thing you can do (incence, crosses, robes, churches) to force a spiritual trip. Its all in the way you feel before and during the trip.

{Sporeman ripped me off}
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineRashiki
enthusiast

#396359 - 09/16/01 11:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i always usually have spritual trips or motivational trips.
The key is to start thinking about your life, where it is, where it has been, where you can take it through the use of the substance. When you do this it feels like the floodgates of the mind have opened and knowledge rushes in. This is the greatest most beautiful thing that will ever happen during a trip, in my eyes. Also think about God, the Great Spirit, the Creater and the universe, how we got here and why. These are all great things to just sit in the dark around a lava lamp with 2 or 3 friends and talk about. But it works alone too. It is just better with others b/c wether you feel the way they do about something or not, you can see through their eyes and understand. All this talking usually takes place right after the peak of an acid trip, but can happen at any time. As for shrooms you are laid back enough to do it from the beginning.
Peace and have a nice trip,
Rashiki.

love the life you live, live the life you love

--------------------
love the life you live, live the life you love

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
    #396424 - 09/17/01 02:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thanks a lot guys.. i suppose its definetely true that u shouldnt force a trip to be spiritual or anything because that could seriously turn out way different. i'll just be patient and see whatever happens..
though it might be a problem to go outside cause it's never really quiet where i live. i hate to walk outside and encounter other ppl because i always think i look strange and cant walk as usual. so i might just take 10 minute walk just after i ate the shrooms, then go home, take a shower and then i dont know what i'll do yet. But at least thanks to you all, i know i really should try tripping alone once, spiritual or not.
I tend to be lazy when tripping so i wont write a report at the time but if i remember anything i'll post it.
thanks again

OfflineDeviant
A Nobody

Loc: Somewheres
    #396639 - 09/17/01 11:20 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ever try medatation? Im not a very spiritual guy, but for some reason that opened my mind (at least while I was tripping) and I was able to have a very spiritual trip, Also try it in someplace you like...Although that might be hard to do if you like a field or something cause then people would wonder what the hell you are doing meditating in the middle of a field. I dunno, just a suggestion.

"How doth the little crocodile Improve his shining tail, And pour the waters of the Nile On every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, How neatly spreads his claws, And welcomes little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!"

--------------------
"How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail, and pour the waters of the Nile on every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws, and welcomes little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!"

Offlineheathadelic

#396753 - 09/17/01 01:19 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I would try dancing drumming chanting and meditating. These things alone can lead to great trips without the drugs and can open up places in your mind you rarely go. You just may find a spiritual part of yourself that has been hidden. I know when I dance to a really strong beat for a few hours I completely lose my body in the rythmn freeing up my mind to travel. Also it can help you be tired enough to sleep well when you come down.

Swing the groove 'round here, so I can reach it -a.d.

--------------------
"...time is not money, time is an opportunity to live before you die."

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: heathadelic]
    #397232 - 09/17/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I find it odd that so many people have mentioned how they are not a "spiritual person." Everyone here that takes psych. mushrooms is dealing with an extreme spiritual force. All you have to do is take enough, I have never seen anyone come out of a 6-7 gram trip that didn't say it wasn't the most spiritual thing that has ever happend to them (and I was baptised!). Trust me, these things are spirtual and you haven't felt anything unless you've done them to a spiritual point (anywhere from 6-10 grams, depending on the person). It may feel spiritual seeing patterns on a 2 gram trip, but you really have no idea, and it's stupid of me to try to explain it. Keep searching!

Grimace

"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: Grimace]
    #397240 - 09/17/01 10:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

my full eighth cyanescens trip was in a way spiritual, but not fully. unlike my friend who, the first time he shroomed, became a vegan up until this day after a spiritual revelation, I had revelations that were somewhat true.

after the trip was coming down (you know how all the hell went) my friend and I just started talking endlessly about shit. we talked about how jimi hendrix really wasn't that happy and most likely did the acid and everything for public image and such towards the end of his life (though im sure in the beginning he was having a great time). we talked about how shrooming felt so, like FINAL, and that we were kind of glad to be done with it. like we learned what we need to know and the shrooms told us we were done (hence the bad trip) ... etc etc and all these other "revelations." unfortunately, these revelations did not last and then both of us joined the shrooms again, and now the trips are pure ecstacy. so i guess the revelations were somewhat temporary, if that makes sense

We're all MADD here...

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: HB]
    #397245 - 09/17/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I have the feeling that not many know what anthropomorphize means. It's been mentioned many times but I fail to realize why nno one has used it in their own words. Big words were are not a sign of.........well, forget it!

Mr. Wonka

--------------------
Mr. Wonka

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#397255 - 09/17/01 11:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

for those not in the know, anthropomorphize means: to give human attributes or characteristics to something that is not human

i'm guessing some people here must read Calvin and Hobbes

Grimace I don't say words unless I know what they mean. Everything is correct about that sentence--i just replaced the word "vegetables" with "shrooms." --- a direct quote from calvin and hobbes

We're all MADD here...

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
    #397383 - 09/18/01 05:30 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i agree grimace, shrooms have been such a key for me (and i think many others) that given the right conditions and open mind, some mind expanding stuff is very probable- and that has very spiritual implications.
i smiled when i read that someone became a vegan after eating shrooms. shrooms also reafirmed my understanding of being a vegetarian. think about this the next time you trip- would you want some to kill you? how SCARY/TERRYFYING would it be to be killed! so then why should we, as animals, do that to other animals (conscious beings)...we are able to survive without killing (or causing to kill) so then why should you kill. just cause they don't speak english doesn't mean they don't experience life...
anyway, there's SOO much out there to understand better, but even more so, there's so much within you to discover..just set up the enviornment to open up those doors.
i admit, i feel i am a bit of a spiritual/philisophical person by nature, but i think we all are- if we can only find how to discover it within us.
and i'm happy to see people interested in doing it, cause let me tell you, there's nothing more uplifting, enlightening then those kinds of experiences.
namaste
hudson

live in the present and the future will present itself

--------------------

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
    #397405 - 09/18/01 06:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Beaches dont agree with me either if they are full of people sunbathing etc. But deserted never seen before beaches are cool.
I'd love to trip in a place like that, in greece possibly....

and i couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
pulled me under
oh... that was so real

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

Offlinedragoon
enthusiast

Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: hudsonismss]
    #397455 - 09/18/01 10:41 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Stop preaching that garbage.

Offlinehudsonismss
journeyman
Loc: sydney
Re: tripping alone & spirituality [Re: dragoon]
    #397760 - 09/18/01 07:49 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

sorry you can't relate, doesn't mean you have to project negativity about it (by the way- i don't accept it)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag