Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineonestepahead
OneStepAhead
1st time Shroom Trip Advise please
    #1547296 - 05/14/03 04:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am 30 years old and I have a lot of experience tripping via LSD my usual dosage is 5 hits followed by 2 hits after peak and then 1 more when I come down to have the energy to clean the house up. My max dosage was 10 tabs at once being a result of being snitched out by someone I knew, I was pulled over about 2 mins after picking up the Sid and figured it would be better to swallow then verses being caught with them. I haven?t had any LSD in Approx 1.5 years due to moving and not having a supplier. I am a regular MJ Smoker However. I purchased a grow kit via eBay for shrooms it bombed out in the fruiting stage due to contamination. Luckily the person I ordered it from send me a free bag system which is coming along great. My questions how do mushies compare to LSD? Can you take more at the peak to extend the trip? What is a good starting dose I am aprox 6?0 260 lbs? Are the better to take fresh or dried? I heard the taste is horrible does anyone think coating ur tongue with abasol would help? How is the tolerance with shrooms I know with lsd when you drop a lot you have to increase the dosage to get the same trip, with shrooms how long is a good time to wait so you don?t have to keep increasing the dosage? Thanks for any answers you all my have, they are appreciated.

--------------------
When your dead the fear of death wont bother you anymore.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: 1st time Shroom Trip Advise please [Re: onestepahead]
    #1547321 - 05/14/03 04:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

as for a comparison, here's a coupld links, but the people posting were in the opposite situation - they'd tried shrooms and weree interested in lsd - you can still extrapolate some info about the difference on

warning: these links take you to strange places on the threads.. don't forget to scroll up
this thread and on this other thread

shrooms vs lsd

lsd user asking about shroom

another sidman asking about shroom

as for dose... many people start off with an 8th of an oz, which is 3.5 gram.

I've done plenty of both and I don't think either drug could prepare somebody for the other really..... they're both highly psychedelic, yet they're both totally different.

Tolerance? hmm how often were you thinking about tripping?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (05/14/03 04:38 AM)

Offlineonestepahead
OneStepAhead
Re: 1st time Shroom Trip Advise please [Re: Strumpling]
    #1547358 - 05/14/03 05:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tolerance? hmm how often were you thinking about tripping?

once a month or so?

Quote:

as for dose... many people start off with an 8th of an oz, which is 3.5 gram.

Fresh or Dry?

--------------------

Edited by onestepahead (05/14/03 05:48 AM)

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
    #1547383 - 05/14/03 05:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

On a dutch site called fokforum, a guy who trips A LOT finds LSD much more mild than mushrooms, so I suggest you to start out with an average dose.

The amount of trips you took at once is a lot.. so maybe you're more tolerant on LSD than on mushrooms.

I usually don't take more at the top, a cigarette makes you feel more bemushed anyways, or if not enough a joint :tongue:
Last time I tripped on mushrooms, I hadn't eaten the full portion at once but in parts.. BAD idea, I hadn't come further than level 2 maybe for a second level 3

Dried or fresh... dried ones are less disgusting (I'm not going as far as saing more tasty :smirk: ) IMO, but fresh ones are supposed to be more potent, never noticed the difference though..

For the dose:
Psilocybe Cubensis is a medium strength psilocybian mushroom consisting of approximately .63% psilocybin and .60% psilocin in wild mushrooms. Indoor cultivated mushrooms tend to have higher concentrations. Note that potency of mushrooms can vary greatly from one batch to the next. The following chart shows approximate oral dosages for dried Psilocybe cubensis in grams.

Oral P. cubensis Dosages
Threshold .25 g
Light .25 - 1 g
Common 1 - 2.5 g
Strong 2.5 - 5 g
Heavy 5 + g

And about the tolerance, you can do it once a week without dimishing the effects. If that's smart, I doubt it, best to do it at most once maybe twice a month.

Edited by ShroomyJ (05/14/03 05:54 AM)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1548578 - 05/14/03 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey onestepahead.. welcome to The Shroomery

10 tabs after a cop pulled you over :shocked:  How did the meeting go?  I assume he gave you some hassle and let you go?  Anyways, on to the topic-

Mushies and LSD are very similar psychedelics, yet at the same time, very different.  I don't think that there is an easy way to quantify the differences without having experienced them both for yourself.  Though you may find some interesting accounts by using out Search function which will sort through many years of compiled discussion based on the variables you choose.  The search is an extremely valuable tool if you're looking for information.

I would not recommend taking more at the peak to extend the trip.  While it will likely extend the trip somewhat, it will be markedly weaker and will probably not afford you a second peak, merely a longer comedown phase. 

If you are well versed in psychedelics, you could probably get away with taking a dose between 2-3.5 grams (dry weight) to introduce yourself to the substance.  However, I always recommend initiating your rendezvous with the magical fungi at around 1.5-2.5 grams (dry weight).  I began my experimentation with ~1.5g of the dry substance and was afforded an absolutely wonderful and intense six hour experience, yet manageable enough to keep under control. 

You can take 'em fresh too, and they will likely be slightly (though not noticeably) more potent.  Mushrooms are ~90% water, so when dried they are 1/10 of their original weight.  I'd recommend starting with anywhere from 15-25 grams (wet weight).

Some people don't like the taste, others do.  I find it not pleasant, but not unbearable.  If you have a huge aversion to the taste, you can try looking up recipies with the Search function in this forum (recipies include chocolate candies, honey, twinkies, teas, etc).  You can also grind and cap them, or just blend 'em in a smoothie... though keep in mind that the more material you ingest with your dose, the longer the trip will take to comeup and the peak will not be as high as its potential on an empty stomach.  The abasol may work, I wouldn't recommend it :crazy:

Shrooms have similar tolerance issues as with LSD.  I'd recommend tripping absolutely no more than once every two weeks.  I trip on average, once every four months.

Best of wishes for your first trip :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: 1st time Shroom Trip Advise please [Re: geokills]
    #1548627 - 05/14/03 05:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience, while shrooms and lsd are similar at low doses...high-dose shroom trips are NOTHING like high-dose lsd.  I used to ten-strip quite often when I took LSD, and I loved it.  I had a few high dose shroom trips I would have prefered not to have done.  :smile:

With any new psychedelic, you should always start with small doses until you're comfortable with where that particular psychedelic takes you.  If you enjoy LSD you should enjoy psylocibin.  Just realize they're not the same thing even though they share some similar aspects to their trips.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlineonestepahead
OneStepAhead
Re: 1st time Shroom Trip Advise please [Re: Boppity604]
    #1549007 - 05/14/03 08:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

10 tabs after a cop pulled you over How did the meeting go? I assume he gave you some hassle and let you go?

They searched my person and car for like 45 mins and questioned me, they knew i had it prob knew i took it and by the time they let me go i was getting pretty messed up. They let me go and followed me, so I pulled into a Wal-Mart parked my car and took the bus home which was a journey of its own. I got home about 2 hours in the trip, at about 3 hours I walk over the guys house who snitched on me and beat his ass, anyone ever fight on SID you have allot of endurance and strength. I went home and Tripped my ass off the rest of the night. All and all it wasn?t a bad experience I don?t let stuff give me a bad trip. The next day I woke up with some bruises and swollen hands, of well he deserved it. I guess since he make the cops look bad (e.g. not finding the stuff on me) they did do much for him if he called them on me for beating his ass. Thanks everyone for the great info.

Also I just thought I would say my best trip was on 6 hits of SID at the beach during a lighting storm, I have never had a trip that good. I now live in the woods on several aches and am looking forward to a shroom experience in that environment.

--------------------

Edited by onestepahead (05/15/03 12:04 AM)

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1549433 - 05/14/03 11:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

>>I now like in the woods on several aches and am looking forward to a shroom experience in that environment.

Dude...my favorite way to shroom was out in the field behind the home where I was previously living at night.  Shrooming outside in the dark countryside is simply amazing.  Since it's your property, you'll be safe roaming around too if you get the mood to adventure.  :smile:  Personally I would just throw down a big blanket, sit back and watch the stars until I peaked.  :smile:

Have fun...be safe.

Peace,

Boppity

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports