Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestwangetweezer
Phamily
Loc: Middde Earth
how do I grow shrooms with out spores
    #737610 - 07/10/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

what im asking is how would you go about growing mushrooms without having the luxuary of having spores ? how would you create them?

--------------------

Holy shit Phish is back the boys have ended there hiatus this one of the greatest days of my life dreams do come true i have chills going down my spine time to go back on phish tour.

Phish will be playing:
madison square garden 12/31/02
hampton coliseum(THE MOTHER SHIP) 1/02/03 -1/04/03

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: stwangetweezer]
    #737630 - 07/10/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

are you serious?
well, you could ask a genie in a bottle to magically create you some mushrooms. or ask god, maybe he will do it.
lol

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: Mycelium] * 1
    #737654 - 07/10/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey be nice newbies dont always know what they're supposed to....

Growing mushrooms withought starting from spores is impossible, it cant be done. Go to the FSRE(Free Spore Ring Europe) or the FSRC(Free Spore Ring Canada) and get yourself a sporprint for $1 and go from there.

It all starts from a spore,
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: Mycelium]
    #737655 - 07/10/02 06:52 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Close your eyes, put both palms together, and pray. (easier way is to order them from a retailer)

--------------------
There's nothing like the feeling of an 800 horse street car....

OfflineMaveric2112
journeyman
Loc: My name is God so there f...
    #737659 - 07/10/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Plain and simple you can't. Well you could if you had a fresh shroom to clone but thats another storie. Anyway it's kinda like trying to grow a tree without a seed, unless you have the luxury of as mentioned the genie it's not going to happen. What you need to do is read, read, read, read, read and when you think you've read twice as much as you should read it all again. The more you know from the start the more luck and easier path you'll have.

--------------------
Ahh what the hell am I talking about? I just like to make up stories. In short, I'm full of Sh$t!!!!!!

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Maveric2112]
    #737781 - 07/10/02 07:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: matts]
    #737810 - 07/10/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Does the little guy ship to CA? Was looking at the site and it said no shipping to GA and CA???

--------------------
There's nothing like the feeling of an 800 horse street car....

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: matts]
    #737851 - 07/10/02 08:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

>you can't plant a tree with out seeds,

Oh, you can. You can cut a small branch off a tree, stick it in earth and it will grow a tree.

So, to transfer this to mushrooms, you can clone a mushroom, you don?t need the spores.

But you?d need a fresh mushroom of the kind you want, and I don?t see this happening in the near future, seeing what kind of question was asked in the first place...

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #737864 - 07/10/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How can I drive my car without wheels?
How can I watch t.v. without electricity?
How can I make lead into gold?
How can I make a silk purse from a sow's ear?

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

OfflineMushroomBoy123
enthusiast

Loc: Wa
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: Anno]
    #737891 - 07/10/02 09:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

damn u anno i was just about to say the same shit you just did, seriously every freakin word. these people need to research some more before they talk trash, it makes them look really stupid to me.

--------------------
There is a Fungus amoung us.

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: TM]
    #738038 - 07/11/02 12:24 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

LOL...that is some funny shit Trip! I especially like the last one....How Do I make a silk purse out of a Sow's ear...I laughed again while typing that.

stwangetweezer
stranger
Reged: 07/10/02

This is quite a question to open with but for that reason I say it is a good one! Good for you that you are interested in the sacred fungus. Unfortunately, the spores, as has been said, are the 'seeds' of the fungus. You must cultivate a body of fungus and then force that fungus to fruit giving you mushrooms. There are some simple methods of doing this from spores. It is not impossible to grow without spores as some may have told you. They are wrong and right at the same time...Every mushroom came from a spore at one time or another....If you are lucky enough to find a mushroom of the species you would like to grow....what would need to be done is to clone that mushroom. To simplify the process into words...you would need to remove a piece of sterile flesh from inside the mushroom body and transfer it to a petre dish containing an agar preparation that was suitable for this particular mushroom species.....the mycelium (fungus body) of this mushroom species will overtake the agar plate if sterile conditions are maintained. Now you have a culture...this is the very beginning...from here you must inoculate sterilized grain and/or other suitable medium from this culture...there are further steps past this...starting to see the difficulty in this for some one who has never grown mushrooms? It is not hard to find out a suitable agar recipe for just about any mushroom species you would like to grow. This method of starting a mushroom crop may not be the most suitable for the beginner but can be done if the beginner gives the most meticulous attention to sterile technique. Growing from spores is a much more simple way to have your first experience growing mushies. There is a place you can go to read about a simple technique that has been productive for many newbies to this hobby www.fanaticus.com . There are many knowledgeable persons here to help you along your way but reading and learning is the only way that you are going to find success. In the wild mushrooms grow at million to one odds or more...They make up for this by releasing millions of spores into the air...You must learn to narrow these odds and it is not hard to do. Unless you are will to invest the time to learn, you are wasting your time and will not likely find success. I am assuming from you question...That you are referring to shrooms of the 'magic genre'. Here at the Shroomery, spores are not a luxury they are a commodity. Vendors have spores prints and spore syringes (good for the newbie) at reasonable prices. I would say that if you consider $10 a luxury, then you are not going to be able to finance a crop of mushrooms which may cost you as much as another 20-30 bucks for all the materials...If you take the advice from above, and order yourself a print from the Free Spore Ring (a spore bank from generous members of the shroomery) you can obtain a spore print for $1...this is to cover the cost of postage and handling only. But you still will not be ready to grow mushrooms unless you find out what to do with the spore print. I suggest purchasing a spore syringe. After visiting fanaticus.com I think you will understand why. Again, if $10 is your monthly allowance....I think perhaps mushroom cultivation is not a hobby you will enjoy.

I hope this has answered your question

Peace and good luck!
TR

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

Edited by TrippinRhino (07/11/02 12:34 AM)

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: stwangetweezer]
    #738052 - 07/11/02 12:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinejdtwelve
Loc: Central MI
Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #738062 - 07/11/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Which came first, the spore or the mycelium?

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Macey Howard]
    #738065 - 07/11/02 01:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Edited by Macey Howard (07/11/02 01:14 AM)

OfflineDarkTranquility
journeyman

Re: how do I grow shrooms with out spores [Re: Macey Howard]
    #738069 - 07/11/02 01:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cool... some Shiitake, Oysters, and..... Coprinus?

--------------------
"Every picture hods a tale.
Every shade tells of a thousand words.
The artistry of living chaos is
pictured in the poets tears.
The final concept
Is all but a thought away. "

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: DarkTranquility]
    #738072 - 07/11/02 01:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds