Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepulserate
Loc: Ontario Canada
Finally growing shrooms
    #436634 - 10/25/01 05:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have got everything to grow neglect style but have a few q's.
1. What is the minimum olight the jars can get each day?
2. Can i work with h2o2 here? If so, how?
3. What is the best strain for this method of growth?
4. What is the optimal temperature?
5. Any special treatment required other that watching?
6. How long before first flush, and between subsequent flushes?

Lots of questions, but you can never know too much when growing shrooms. Also, any other tips/suggestions to maximising this godsend of a tek? Thank you very much in advance!

--------------------
"The tent is breathing again"- ME camping at sandbanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: Finally growing shrooms [Re: pulserate]
    #436683 - 10/25/01 06:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

First off your welcome....in advance :)
Need more details to help answer some of your ?'s. I'll just assume your growing P.cubies. So for the light, I hear 3-5 hr. is good. I myself like to give10 hr. a day, from a far away window....works just fine for the last 3 years. But if you plan on purchasing a bulb, then we need to know how your set-up works?
You can mix like a capfull of H2O2 in your misting bottle. Some people have diffrent amounts they like to use, and others don't use it at all. Just do a search on that.
Temps. in the 82-86F for inncubating is fine. Better to try and keep them at 84. When it's time to case(if thats what your doing) then 75F works fine.
The first flush is always the best when your a newbie. In fact I've been doing this for years, and I still get like a kid when I see the little buggers poppen through :) There are a few factors that come into play when you ask this: strain, humidity level, temp., casing mix, cakes....what ever. I think the norm for a newbie that has done his/her job well is about 2 weeks. Remember though....there are things that just happen and you can't do to much.
Now just sit back and have a gander :) You might start to see very tiny balls that resemble cotton(but very very tiny....like 1-2 mm in size), these are called HYPHAL KNOTS. Sometimes these will grow to be pins, other times they just stay there. In any case once you start to see them then your on your way. Just remember.....you might not see them but pinning could be right around the corner:)
Good Luck!

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation