Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
First Time Cultivator
    #7342266 -

just recently i have actually tried shrooms. thier deliciously wonderful.

to the point... i want to grow some shrooms, but its a bit more complicated.

i need to figure out the easiest, cheapest, fastest, and safest way to grow. i still dont have my own apartment so all the growing will have to be in my closet, hidden from view. the faster i can grow them the better. also, the less i need to mess with them the better.

so, i need to know the absolute easiest way to cultivate shrooms. where can i get what i need cheap? i dont know much about cultivating yet and im still learning so tips would be appriciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Gone333]
    #7342322 -

Well, the PF tek is the easiest. You can grow a wide variety of medicinals and edibles. You will need brown rice flower and vermiculite for your substrate. A way to sterilize them, and a "glove box" to inoculate the jars. Brown rice flour in bulk at a grocery store. Vermiculite at a gardening store. A fruiting chamber. Just do a search from the "search posts" link for an easy fruiting chamber.


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Edited by Ganzig (08/27/07 09:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Ganzig]
    #7342770 -

ive done the pf tek a couple of times and ive found its not the easiest for beginners. just my opinion. i find docs wbs tek to be far easier. but you would need a pressure cooker for this.wich you'll end up buying any ways if you end up likeing this hobby.

wild bird seed-anywhere
perlite-walmart
tyvek-post office
rubbermaid container for fc-walmart


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: TheDrake]
    #7342787 -

Look at the pf-tek videos in my signature by road kill and roger rabbit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: implee]
    #7342907 -


@ Gone333

It is not only the cultivation of the shrooms that gives you great satisfaction, it is also very important to cultivate the own spirit... yes, at the same time. Together... so to write. Cultivate + Culture of the Spirit = Pilz-Kultur(swiss) = Shroom-culture(engl.)

Good shrooming and let's get international connected... not infected!


--------------------

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ShroomCity
http://audiostreet.net/radelbaluvar
Shrooms Rock and so does Pinky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: RadelBaluvar]
    #7343031 -

RadelBaluvar said:

@ Gone333

It is not only the cultivation of the shrooms that gives you great satisfaction, it is also very important to cultivate the own spirit... yes, at the same time. Together... so to write. Cultivate + Culture of the Spirit = Pilz-Kultur(swiss) = Shroom-culture(engl.)

Good shrooming and let's get international connected... not infected!



Yea, Well said man.. i'm new and i hope i can have that link between growing shrooms and growing spiritually :mushroom2:

And yea, like everyone else said, Pf-Tek just search it, it's real straightforward, watch the RR video's! they're awesome (Thanks to RR and Roadkill), and just read read and read some more.


--------------------


I'm After some Panaeolus Cyanescens, PM me to trade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Phreakr]
    #7343499 -

Hi Gone333 how ya doing?

I'm in a very similar position : )

Since Mr Blair thought fully grown adults in the uk can no longer make their own decision's I have been forced in to feeling like a criminal for hobby I love. Thats the new labour wankers for ya!! Thats the reason I've started growing.. starting being the key word there!!

Take a look at the link below for some pictures:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7340941/an/0/page/0

Yes those manky, yet somewhat inspiring shrooms are the result of my first attempt. But things can only get better: )

Just don't expect excellent results first time round.. I'm sure it takes a good few years to perfect!

I would love to hear some feedback on your project as they grow, so keep me updated : )

Take it easy

shr00mer


--------------------
Occupation? I'm an intergalactic mind exploration executive!

My head feels like a frisbee; twice its normal size. Feels like a football and someone's moved the goal posts. Everything is slightly out of joint and weird; disconnected. I had to hold onto the walls. They start dancing in a whole other kind of way. Catching butterflies in the air. People get goosepimples. They laugh, they cry at the same time. This one brought me down to my knees. I had to hold onto the wall. My knees shaking, quivering.



My head feels like a frisbee.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: g00ner_shr00mer]
    #7344124 -

fast growing..not gonna happen bro..sorry but this hobby is about patience..if you try this hobby you will soon find that waiting is part of the hobby,,spores to myc myc to primordia..cakes to full colonization,,birthing to pins,, pins to mushies..

I can foretell you posting ..my cakes wont colonize,, no pins on my cakes ect.

if you are in a hurry you will be in for a seemingly LONG wait..

IMO 3 months from you ordering spores you will have your own mushies

sorry but FAST and shrooms don't go together


--------------------
I came, I saw , I came back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Vegan]
    #7344182 -

Vegan said:
fast growing..not gonna happen bro..sorry but this hobby is about patience..if you try this hobby you will soon find that waiting is part of the hobby,,spores to myc myc to primordia..cakes to full colonization,,birthing to pins,, pins to mushies..

I can foretell you posting ..my cakes wont colonize,, no pins on my cakes ect.

if you are in a hurry you will be in for a seemingly LONG wait..

IMO 3 months from you ordering spores you will have your own mushies

sorry but FAST and shrooms don't go together



Well said. I believe your prediction will be true. Unless we can set him/her(i dont know) on the right path.


--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Ganzig]
    #7344916 -

alright, i watched the 4 videos by Roadrunner and im only left with a couple questions, for now.

Is it easier to use the syringe to inoculate them as opposed to spore prints? he didnt mention much about spore prints.

Where can i buy the syringes and the solution? is it cheap?

At the end he talks about leaving the cakes in the jar. is it better to leave them in the jar or is it just as effective to put them in a terrarium with perlite?

Lastly, can i put the terrarium with the cakes in it all into a dark closet as long as i water them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Cultivator [Re: Gone333]
    #7345034 -

Spore solution is clean sterilized water with spores in it. There are basically two means of using a spore print. Scrape spores onto agar and scraping spores into water and sucking into a syring. My first successful grow was from syringes I had made myself at home. Perhaps others will vouch for buying ready made syringes, but personally I prefer prints.
Syringes can purchased from 9.95 up to 50 or 60 bucks each. I highly recommend the sponsors here at the shroomery. I have had much good luck with thier products and service.
I've never birthed cakes per say. I colonized Rye berries and transferred to h-pooh and then fruited the h-pooh blocks. It worked out quite well, I believe I will keep to this method and ease into casings.
Mushrooms do rquire some light though not much. A batter powered night light will suffice.
Hope I helped. Good luck friend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* casing from "The mushroom Cultivator" upupup 19,469 9 10/13/25 10:12 AM
by yearofnolight
* Difference Between Primordia and Hyphal Knots TinMan 13,329 4 12/27/02 12:12 PM
by dog
* Re: McMan Cultivators
( 1 2 all )
Eddie Walker 3,591 20 03/30/01 10:41 PM
by kundun6
* Is Indirect Light Needed For Primordia To Grow? Teknion 3,080 3 03/23/03 03:58 AM
by dog
* Defining "pins" and "primordia" Shroomfish 26,944 5 03/24/05 06:04 AM
by hyphae
* Importance of invitro primordia. lemunhed 1,732 3 06/03/03 05:02 PM
by lemunhed
* Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein mtnblueshrooms 1,455 2 01/07/02 02:53 AM
by Man
* primordia formation vs. cropping - 2 tubs 2 phases, help! Torey 2,381 1 01/08/04 12:20 AM
by Hanky

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,224 topic views. 19 members, 111 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.