Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein
    #512227 -

I'm using a humidified terrarium (have have it timed, on the lowest setting and check my humidity everyday. I was concerned with the amount of moisture getting on the mycellium, so I toned down the time to 15 minute intervals, only twice a day, this seems to work fine.

Still, I noticed some of the primordia at the bottom of the cake, closest to the humidifier output, has developed a yellow color and stopped growing, one begining head on a cap is starting to look like a head (like an outie bellie button) with a lace collar. The other primordia look great, it's just the ones that are on the first cake that was close to the humidifier pipe that developed this condition. Should I consider these aborts and remove them?

Also, if I have to handle the cake, is some blueing acceptable? (At first I thought I had a outside mold, but I looked and it was blue on a primordia that I had accidently rubed my finger tip across and on places that I had to stead the cake while removing.)

Am I being over concerned about the cakes, or is there something else I should do (Most of my nice primordia are about 2 inches long now)

Thanks!

Ms. Tom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein [Re: mtnblueshrooms]
    #512331 -

I know this seems like a dumb question, please please help me.

Ms. Tom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein [Re: mtnblueshrooms]
    #512870 -

Mabey some larger particles of water are making it into the terrarium. I assume ur using an unltrasonic humidifier, just make the tube from the humidifier to the terr. longer. Putting some bends in it might help too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... NSKiller 2,082 14 12/19/02 02:58 PM
by Angry Mycologist
* Brown stripes on my stems! TheDude1234 8,382 13 08/26/22 12:25 PM
by Jim I.T.I
* Is Indirect Light Needed For Primordia To Grow? Teknion 3,079 3 03/23/03 03:58 AM
by dog
* The brown stripes on stems that show up sometimes SumGuy 2,860 1 03/03/02 05:47 AM
by Nighted
* Re: I have orange/yellow dots on my jars...look like water drops pr something... Thunderfuck 2,388 7 12/07/99 05:06 AM
by Anonymous
* Primordia still hanging around goolag 1,263 4 06/05/02 03:26 AM
by Aithin
* Re: Anyone know about Yellow contam?????? Thunderfuck 1,490 2 12/03/99 01:33 AM
by Anonymous
* newbie questions, pf hawaiian/mr pinning invitro? synaptic 1,626 2 05/23/01 01:34 AM
by Taz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,455 topic views. 12 members, 108 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.