Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemtnblueshrooms
Stranger

Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein
    #512227 - 01/06/02 05:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm using a humidified terrarium (have have it timed, on the lowest setting and check my humidity everyday. I was concerned with the amount of moisture getting on the mycellium, so I toned down the time to 15 minute intervals, only twice a day, this seems to work fine.

Still, I noticed some of the primordia at the bottom of the cake, closest to the humidifier output, has developed a yellow color and stopped growing, one begining head on a cap is starting to look like a head (like an outie bellie button) with a lace collar. The other primordia look great, it's just the ones that are on the first cake that was close to the humidifier pipe that developed this condition. Should I consider these aborts and remove them?

Also, if I have to handle the cake, is some blueing acceptable? (At first I thought I had a outside mold, but I looked and it was blue on a primordia that I had accidently rubed my finger tip across and on places that I had to stead the cake while removing.)

Am I being over concerned about the cakes, or is there something else I should do (Most of my nice primordia are about 2 inches long now)

Thanks!

Ms. Tom

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemtnblueshrooms
Stranger

Re: Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein [Re: mtnblueshrooms]
    #512331 - 01/06/02 07:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know this seems like a dumb question, please please help me.

Ms. Tom

OfflineMan
journeyman
Loc: Canada, eh
Re: Question about yellow striped primordia and bluein [Re: mtnblueshrooms]
    #512870 - 01/07/02 04:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Mabey some larger particles of water are making it into the terrarium. I assume ur using an unltrasonic humidifier, just make the tube from the humidifier to the terr. longer. Putting some bends in it might help too.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation