Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

Loc: North Eastern United Stat...
Newb questions, *sigh* yet again......
    #1132720 - 12/11/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sup guys, i've been floating around the boards for a couple of months now, and would like to say wud up to y'all after all this time.  myfriend is happily along in his first grow.  everything is apparently goin well, he just has some newb concerns, that he himself reads everyday and knows better, and to "wait" but i got a couple of questions that i cant seem to find the answers for.

1.)  myc. cake bruising???  i think ive heard of it happening, and being told it was blue/green?  My friends cakes have light blue ring around the bottom of the cake, which has been there for about 6 days and has not moved out or grown, and there are no smells.

2.)  its been 7 days and my friend has zero pinning or knots or anything.  fan 5-7 times a day, he uses perlite, and sprays the sides of the rubbermaid container with six 1/4 cakes.  cakes get between 6-8 hrs of light from clear xmas lights.  temps are kept between 74-78.  before put in the growin chamber the cakes were dunked and cold shocked both for 24 hrs at the same time.  When should my friend start see pinning?  Any suggestions on changing anything?  Does everything sound good?

I know I may seem like a pain, i think i just need a little newb reassurance..... hopefully, unless i fucked shiznit up....  :frown:  thx guys 

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

Edited by NSKiller (12/11/02 03:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelittlepinhead
Stranger
Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: NSKiller]
    #1132743 - 12/11/02 01:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

about the bruising, Mycielum is the same thing as mushrooms but not mature, and yes it does bruise. the bruising on myc. is rarly seen but it can happen, because the myc. oxidises with the air, the reason why it happens with the mushrooms them self better then myc. is because they are full of ripe chemicle.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1132817 - 12/11/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

1) Its probably fine

2) have patients, I've waited nearly two weeks for pins to appear on cakes.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: Skikid16]
    #1133122 - 12/11/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

2) have patients, I've waited nearly two weeks for pins to appear on cakes.

Indeed.... if the conditions are right (and it sounds like they are) the shrooms will appear when they want to appear.

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1133128 - 12/11/02 03:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ya my friend said he should have waited he was just worried about the blue/ green, wasn't sure if it was contam or bruise. Thanks for the replys.

--------------------
"I think its time to hit the sack, then i'll probably just go to bed" ~ NSKiller

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
    #1133450 - 12/11/02 06:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i just tossed out a cake 3 hours ago becuz of bluish/greenish around the top/sides of the cake. The blue was in the for m of little random-looking specks. It wasnt really spreading over the cake w/ a quikness like i thought a contam would, but i tossed her out anyways. Better safe than sorry.

--------------------

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1133960 - 12/12/02 01:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Another bit of information, the blue/green looks to be under the skin, or top layer of the myc. cake.  Still no smells, according to my friend.  Also, first signs of pins maybe.....  they're little tan dots?  the ones ive seen in pictures started off white....????  My friend has other jars 100% with different strains, can he put them in the same growing chamber (once hes 100% sure that there are no contaminations)?  I've been reading conflicting opinions on the use of cold shocking and dunking, should my friend do the same to these cakes, or is this a main reason for the cakes bluein/greenin?  Dam I wish my friend were more experienced  :frown:  not knowing is the worst!   

--------------------

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1133973 - 12/12/02 01:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

don't worry, nobody was born experienced!
live and learn:-)
\
peace

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1134001 - 12/12/02 02:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok my friend is a stupid fuck and decided to fuck around with one of the cakes to determine the source of this blue/green like .... stuff..... heres wut my friend did. he took out one cake, sterilized a jar lid put the cake on it, removed it from the growing chamber, cut off a peice of the blue/green, the tops layer ONLY is affected, directly under the blue it was white myc.... soooo im gonna consider everything is fine for my friend....the thing is, my friend is starting to notice this blue/green on all of his cakes, but as i said it does not grow through the cake.... lol, another thing, when placing the cakes in the growing chamber my friend wasnt exactly gentle with the cakes, slammed the jars to get them loose, and touched them with hands after he washed them with antibacterial soap and sprayed his hands and arms with lysol.

--------------------

Edited by NSKiller (12/12/02 02:06 AM)

OfflineNSKiller
Apprentice

#1141556 - 12/14/02 04:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

**yay** my first cakes are pinning!!!!  this is sweet, but now i get to worry about fruiting them right.....  :/  thanks for the help guys  :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1141601 - 12/14/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Lucky ass-hole  :wink:   

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlinearcadium
Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1142585 - 12/15/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

haha you seriously need to be using the neglect tek man hahah it?s sooo much more rewarding... I get an automated terrarium with a fish tank bubbler on a timer running 8 hours a day, + a light.... and I do SHIT all haha except harvest.. I aint even home 5 days out of the week and its soooooooooo f*ing awsome to leave with empty cakes and come back with this :smile:

haha gotta love it...

--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: arcadium]
    #1143241 - 12/15/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, I'm doing the exact same thing. Bubbler is on for 8 hours a day with light. You don't fan at all?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlinearcadium
Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1154558 - 12/19/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Nope haha even I thought I should be fanning because it says so but im telling you right now, from birth to fruit I never fanned ONCE! the lid may have been open for a bit to check or harvest, but thats it, NO FANNING....I think the 5/8" holes in the bottom let the C02 escape nicely...

--------------------
"I feel kinda funny!"

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Re: Newb questions, *sigh* yet again...... [Re: arcadium]
    #1155611 - 12/19/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Is there any way you could get a pic of the position of the holes, setup?  I'm curious  :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck