Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!
    #7274603 -

Im really interested in peoples experiences with certian "tech" programs for different areas of career interest. Especially in the area of "pharmacy tech". Fuck it.....Tell me what you do, and what you did to get there!


--------------------
Praise Bob!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274615 -

I slack through life!!!!!!!!1!1!!111?


--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274631 -

I got an associate's degree from a technical school. It was a scam and a joke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274683 -

I don't know, but someday you have to change your avatar


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: The Crow]
    #7274786 -

i like that picture crow, lololololololol its a clown with a gun, lolololololololol


--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274794 -

go out and get yourself a real education at a school that doesn't advertise with 800 numbers on TV haha, tech school... come on. A community college or a university are the only places you're getting ahead, otherwise you just graduate with a piece of paper that doesn't mean anything to anybody. I think I'd laugh at you if you had something like Devry on your resume.
Pharmacy tech isn't getting you anywhere, there are pharmacists (who have similar educations to doctors and veterinarians) and that's about it, they don't really need much staff. You're about to get scammed in a money grab going into "pharmacy tech".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: aberrant]
    #7274870 -

Aberrant is right.

If you are interested in clinical pharmacy work it is somewhat of a black and white issue.

You either obtain a "PharmD" degree to become a "Pharmacist" or you don't. That will take you about 6 years (depending on the program). A certification won't get you very far as it really doesn't take a lot of training to become a "pharmacy tech".


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274884 -

I agree with aberrant and badchad.

Trade school FTL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: aberrant]
    #7274891 -

no he isnt.

pharmacy techs are different from pharmacists.

pharmacy techs make decent money and serve as assistants to pharmicists..

this is the field of study I was supposed to go into, but then changed my mind after discovering that being a pharmacists requires 7-8 years of study.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274901 -

Currently in an aeronautics program, at an unmentionable accredited university.  It must be pretty good, because an unmentionable local, major airline is hiring students before they even graduate.  It's brutal though, this stuff separates the men from the boys. Hence, most days I feel like a boy.  You get what you put in.  If it's too easy, something is wrong. :eek:


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: badchad]
    #7274907 -

I surmise that he saw a "Pharmacy tech" program advertised by one of the local technical schools in his area. If you go to this place you will pay a bunch of money, be in class with a bunch of losers, and one of the following will happen:

1. You won't get a job.

2. You will get a $7 an hour job emptying trash bins at a pharmacy.

I implore you; DO NOT GO TO A TECHNICAL SCHOOL. They are one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. They robbed me and they didn't even need to use a gun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7274912 -

you dont have to go to tech school to be a pharmacy tech.. most companies will pay for you to go thru their own pharmacy tech program.

atleast Giant Eagle does.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: Banez]
    #7274923 -

Pharmacists make decent cash, but from what I hear, it's not an overwhelmingly rewarding job.

Think of how many times you go to the pharmacy and some asshole is bitching at the pharmacist because THEY don't know their own insurance. It's customer service, and what a lot of pharmacists deal with.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: Banez]
    #7274929 -

I used to work at the big warehouse where Giant Eagle kept every single one of their legal, financial, and every other type of record. I had a blast reading through the firings of employees at various stores, frivolous lawsuits, etc..

If you ever want to scam Giant Eagle fall in one of their parking lots and demand $10,000. They will immediately settle for $5,000 without asking any questions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7274938 -

RandalFlagg said:
I got an associate's degree from a technical school. It was a scam and a joke.



thats fucked...

kill em


--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274946 -

I think pharmacy techs don't make more then 14-15 dollars an hour. But it only takes like a year to get qualified for it. Some places thats good money...in southern california thats SHIT.


--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: aDoS]
    #7274949 -

It doesn't matter.  My trust fund paid for all of it and they paid all of my bills as long as I was in school.  I only did it to suck some money out of my trust fund because my step-brother was sucking money out of it.  I'm not going to enter into the career field in which I was trained anyways.  :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7274955 -

This is good lets keep it coming!!!!


--------------------
Praise Bob!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: 2end4]
    #7274970 -

Go to the post office. Be a mailman.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: School ?????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! [Re: BoneMan]
    #7275015 -

I have a growing urge inside of me to turn this thread into cyber-sex central...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,274 41 11/27/04 06:56 PM
by d33p
* Becoming a pharmacist
( 1 2 all )
Herbologist 3,038 35 10/05/10 05:26 PM
by vash0523
* Starting a Career as a Pharmacist? rupertbeaner 1,760 14 05/06/10 07:11 PM
by openmind
* World's Most Livable & Unlivable Cities
( 1 2 all )
Lion 3,527 25 02/12/10 04:30 PM
by starfire_xes
* could an Ex-Addict become a Pharmacist ?
( 1 2 3 all )
Mello KittyS 3,420 54 09/13/12 09:28 AM
by fapjack
* What kind of money do pharmacists make and How much college?
( 1 2 all )
Live406 4,592 30 04/16/04 07:28 PM
by Phencyclidine
* Have a question for you pharmacists out there (about drug testing) fear.loathingSF 2,654 7 11/04/09 07:32 PM
by badchad
* If I had an overdose would it show up if I applied to be a pharmacist technician? *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
AlmostAsCoolAs 2,461 29 10/19/13 06:07 AM
by Enlil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
897 topic views. 3 members, 6 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.