Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline12BLate
Re: Cultivation Video Teks
    #72609 - 01/22/00 04:42 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds great ! Thank You for all your help.
Your new website looks very nice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegrath
enthusiast
    #72611 - 01/22/00 11:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

and for anyone who is interested in a cultivation video tape _NOW_ visit the mushroom people's website they rent them through UPS for a week at a time.
www.thefarm.org

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72612 - 01/23/00 12:45 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

What a great idea, renting them.

I'm working on a cultivation video that will cover everything from the basics to intermediate, and a little agar work in there. And in the end I'll have a small 30-60 minute animated psychedelic mushroom trip adventure.

I seen that add from Homestead, their video is like $75 and I heard its really bad.

I have no intention of selling a video anywhere near this price, and will take some time making this. I"m hopeing for an early summer release.

If anyone would like to contribute to this, I could really use some video footage on straw culitvation as I rarely work with it, but I will if I have to, just to cover more areas for this video.
VHS, 8mm, HI8, or digital format is fine. Thank you.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Anonymous

#72613 - 01/23/00 11:59 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Ryche that sounds great!!! Much better than what I am currently doing. And with your background and the new equipment...OH MY GOD! I can't wait.

I feel almost foolish even doing mine now that I know of your intentions...but maybe they will fill the void till yours are released.

The Cultivation Videos I will be putting on my site next week are short. Each one on a specific subject and meant to augment a particular Tek or Method. I'm shooting them with a "wee cam" and a video cam. Very basic, but they will be free to all. I will offer them as streaming video from my site or as a free download. Initially they will be only available as downloads, till I get my site set up for streaming video.

This weekend I shot footage for the Agar/Petrii Tek. And Monday I'll shoot the Straw Substrate Tek. If anyone has an idea of what they would like to see...just let me know. Thanks :smile:

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72614 - 01/23/00 02:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I think you idea is fantastic Shroom Mage.
Yeah... it will help fill the void while I'm working on mine :smile:
Perhaps I'll fly out there in the spring as I have been telling you for quite some time I'll cove visit sometime... and we can shoot some video footage together. I want to make one kick ass video that will last for a long time, not something that will be used up and forgotten right away.

Also, mjshroomer, John Allen, is working on a video of collected footage of species in the wild. Much more then cubensis. Workman even sent him some great footage of the azures and some other species, as well as a video I have for him from our friend in Spain of some footage shot of the p. hispanica and giant p. semilanceatas that grow wild there. A lot of other species will be on there as well, including footage from his latest trip to Cambodia showing the cambodia cubensis, and panaeolus cambodegensis. That should be a very exciting video :smile:

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Offlinephree_1
Stranger
    #72615 - 01/23/00 04:09 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I just rented some videos from Mushroom people. Most of them were on cultivating Shiitake.
One was cultivating Psilocyin Cubensis. It covered making spore prints, agar and culture teks. making grain spawn, and fruiting.
The video was called "Making Mushroom Magic"
It was 86 minutes. It is kinda old, it was made in the 80's

Offlinelares
    #72616 - 01/23/00 06:52 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like some great ideas. Seems like streaming/downloadable would be the cheapest way to do this, sidestepping the cost of vhs and so forth. Vhs, however, would open shroom-growing up to people without consistent internet access. Another cheap way this could be done, particularly for those that have slower connections, would be to burn the realaudio to cd and sell that... blank cds are nearly free in bulk.
I've noticed one thing a lot of newbies (the ones that would be particularly interested in this kind of educational tool) are leary of getting into casing. You might do one on casing and fruiting, applied to both BRF cakes and grains.

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #72617 - 01/23/00 08:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey people, great to see so many working on this. I have a digital video cam. At the end of this month I'm getting a real nice editor, and at the end of next month I'm getting a nice special effects/animation program. If anyone would like help on this project, I would love to. Be it footage, editing, or using those special effects to help ryche with the trip scene, I'd love to be a part of it. Only problem is that It would have to be digital format if you want help editing it as digital/analog capture cards are expensive as shit and I don't have analog inputs on my cam. Note: willing to travel to help with footage to certain destinations as I subscribe to discount airfare zines, lemme know via e-mail or PM. I don't use straw much, and my growing is kinda on a back-burner, but let me know what kinda footage is needed (other than straw)and I might go ahead a do it. The need for footage would probly get me motivated.
Oh well, hope to be helpful somehow, otherwise just looking forward to the results.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#72618 - 01/23/00 08:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I would love a agar tek, I am just about to try it, I gotta get some stuff from the scientific supply store first :smile:

jC

------------------
When the camel flies backwards, the moon will have hair on it's upper lip - Arab Proverb.

Anonymous

#72619 - 01/23/00 11:22 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Casing, definitely.

As a video editor and computer animator myself, this all sounds very interesting.
Best of luck, everyone!

GT

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #72620 - 01/23/00 11:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#72621 - 01/24/00 03:13 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Right on you guys for doing this if you are haveing any production problems give me a yell. I have 17 rock videos I have produced here in Canada on Much Music ,12 in Europe and 10 on Mtv in the southern U.S. and was written up in your Ballbuster Mag.Due to my diabetes and disabilities I dont do much anymore but I may tryb it for my Canuck friends THANX

------------------
hopeful

Anonymous

#72622 - 01/24/00 03:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Help!!!
I have been researching adding streaming video to this site and am very shocked at the set up cost. Earthlink has told me that they will charge me $85 setup per stream and $5 per stream per month there after. How many streams I have will determine how many people can watch at a time...one stream, one person. With the traffic this site has I would want about 5 streams. The cost adds up!!! Anyone know anything about this? Is there a better ISP that wouldn't break the bank?
It would be very kewl to have streaming Cultivation Video Teks on the site. I have produced several and will probably just place them on the site for download...but, damn they are large files (20 mb) and would take a while to download.? Please email me and let me know if I have other options. Thanks!!!!

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger

#72623 - 01/24/00 04:00 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I will definatly be covering lots of casing information, dung teks, basic cake growing, molds (if they show up during this time period)straw if I have to, outdoor growing, indoor growing, agar teks, and lots of other stuff.

I'm sure I could use some help editing later as I have very little experience with this, but have a degree in multi-media and pick up on graphic apps quite easy. I also have one kick ass PC with all the hardware and software.

I'm definatly going to be contacting some of you that posted here offering help later down the road as all of this comes together more.

We will make this happen :smile:

What I'm worried about is keeping my face out of the video. Not sure if I could be arrested for making such a video. Perhaps if I wore sunglasses, dust mask, and Chef's hat... the disguise will be good enough. Or just keep my face completly out of the video.

Would something like this be legal under freedom of speech?

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
www.MushroomS.com
Formerly
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation