Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27302708 - 05/10/21 11:20 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Nice. I haven't nearly enough deets to say if you have a snowball's chance in hell at being successful but you seem intelligent enough to pull this off. Interesting choice with the sauna. How hot did it get in there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinetrubblesome
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27302721 - 05/10/21 11:30 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

sauna would be such a rad room to set up the SAB in, dang. I wouldn't bother with heating it first, though, that will just create air currents from the convection created by the heater. still air box in a room with completely still air is :thumbup:

a tip for you, since I can tell you are very resourceful in digesting teks and methods - in the advanced search, specify that you'd only like to see threads newer than 5 years old. There have been so many advances in recent years that your brainpower would be better spent looking at those. The peroxide stuff all sounds like the kind of stuff that used to be done before more failsafe methods were proven out in recent years. It can be very alluring when you're new to the hobby, but as you dive further in you'll look back and realize all the ways going down that path would have made things much more difficult for you in the long run.

--------------------

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

Loc: Foothills
Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27302726 - 05/10/21 11:33 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Looks good , I use the unmodified one and just slide it off the table a bit .

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male

Loc: South Africa
Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Samushlove]
    #27302754 - 05/10/21 11:49 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Cool to see you've made the effort to figure this all out.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27303317 - 05/10/21 07:25 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Ok I have the plates at a constant temp of 80 degrees. Anything else I need to do?

OfflineRakali
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Rakali]
    #27303327 - 05/10/21 07:28 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Also anyone in Australia that could suggest a brand and source for WBS. I'm new here. Thanks

OfflineRakali
Stranger

#27303339 - 05/10/21 07:33 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

It currently gets to around 160f. It's actually broken and I'm heating it with a space heater which I removed before I did the SAB work. Figured it couldn't hurt to heat it before I started. I know 160 isn't quite enough to kill most things but perhaps it killed some. Also the temp had cooled down before I got in to work.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: trubblesome]
    #27303347 - 05/10/21 07:37 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Thanks for the tip!

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Rakali]
    #27303352 - 05/10/21 07:42 PM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Start putting some spores and mush tissue center of plates contamination usually pops up on the on edges , wait 24  48 hrs

OfflineRakali
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Samushlove]
    #27303660 - 05/11/21 01:38 AM (6 months, 25 days ago)

Spores printed! Only I left them on for way too long. I thought I read that they needed to be there for 24-48hrs. I don't know how I got that idea but it's way wrong. Anyway it's done. I'm drying them in the sauna at 80f. Would you recommend scraping a bit off and putting it on the agar now? I'll need to reheat the extra agar and go buy some ketchup cups. I'm guessing you'll say yes so I guess that's what I'm doing. Also while I'm out I'll buy birdseed. I found 5kg pretty cheap. It does have corn but it seems worth it. Would it make sense to use birdseed for my spawn jars as well as my fruiting chamber? I'm going to start fruiting in 10L buckets to start.

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

#27304465 - 05/11/21 05:15 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Yeah put spore's to agar , and yes to the bird seed I get the cheap One with Millet being the main grain , 12 hour soak and a good rinse put in jars and PC 90minz there's a hundred teks but wbs is what I'm using as of now ,I only have a few grows under my belt.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

#27304570 - 05/11/21 06:31 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

I haven't inverted the plates yet because I'm worried the pieces of stipe won't stick to the agar. How long should I wait? It's been about two days.

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

#27304607 - 05/11/21 06:52 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

In my experience 2 days and you should see growth , should be good to invert but I don't see the need to.

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27304731 - 05/11/21 08:34 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

There is no need to invert. Keep them in a temp stable area and you're good.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

#27304936 - 05/11/21 11:24 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Ok there's definitely a bit of white fuzzy edge on some of the stipes in the agar. Not seeing any contam yet. I did invert them because there's a bunch of condensation in them.

I'm going to make foil envelopes for the spore prints and possibly hold off on putting spores on plates because I have all these stipe plates going right now.

Going to soak my WBS overnight and rinse and PC and make some grain jars and let them sit a week or two just to ensure they are sterile.

So far so good.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

#27310642 - 05/16/21 04:29 AM (6 months, 20 days ago)

I made some WBS following @mushboy's "24hour soak no cook" tek. Only mods were I didn't skim (there weren't many floaters) and I actually ended up soaking more than 24hrs accidentally. Because I can't find my big PC pot I instead laid my jar on it's side with the lid tightened and propped on a jar lid. Seemed to work fine.

One of the plates looks pretty promising. Nice fuzzy growth coming from the center. Do I need to wait for it to grow more or can I just add it to the WBS? It looks free from contams as far as I can tell. Can't say that for some of the others.

OfflineSalvitica
Stranger

#27310713 - 05/16/21 06:55 AM (6 months, 19 days ago)

I have never seen such quick learning lol

Good work. I hope to see how this turns out and if you get some fruits!

Hats off sir.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

Re: Overexcited Noob with 85g of Fresh Cubes and an Interest in Cultivating Seeking Advice [Re: Salvitica]
    #27317947 - 05/21/21 09:38 PM (6 months, 14 days ago)

Because I'm using these stupid little connecting containers I can't get a good luck at the mycelium growth. Only one plate looks promising. It grew white fuzz (not fluff like bread mold but doesn't appear to be branchy either from the angle I'm looking at it) from the center right out to the edges. But it's hard to see if it's mycelium or contam. How can I tell one from the other Is contam usually not white? I have this WBS spawn jar ready to go but I don't want to waste it on some random white mold. Any help would be appreciated. None of the other plates look good so I made go to plan b (spores) sooner than later if this one plate turns out to be contam.

Also just for fun I added a bit of moisture to that dirt/manure/mycelium sample bag I collected and broke it up a bit. Probably could have done that sooner. It doesn't cost me anything to give it the right conditions and see if it will colonize. If it does I'll treat it like a spawn bag and try to fruit it.

OfflineRakali
Stranger

#27387847 - 07/14/21 09:04 PM (4 months, 22 days ago)

My mushroom project has been on hold for awhile (53 days according to the old post warning). In the meantime the WBS spawn jar I made about 2 months ago got moldy in the last week. It was pretty good for awhile and had I used it sooner it probably would have been fine. I think the cap wasn't fully sealed and I hadn't taped it.

Of all the 12 agar plates I made only one looked uncontaminated (creamy white). I had been intending to spawn it but I kept putting it off. I looked at it this morning and there's a mushroom growing in the plate!

This is encouraging me to spawn that plate so I'm going to make another WBS jar and spawn it in the next few days.

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

#27388228 - 07/15/21 05:58 AM (4 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Rakali said:
My mushroom project has been on hold for awhile (53 days according to the old post warning). In the meantime the WBS spawn jar I made about 2 months ago got moldy in the last week. It was pretty good for awhile and had I used it sooner it probably would have been fine. I think the cap wasn't fully sealed and I hadn't taped it.

Of all the 12 agar plates I made only one looked uncontaminated (creamy white). I had been intending to spawn it but I kept putting it off. I looked at it this morning and there's a mushroom growing in the plate!

This is encouraging me to spawn that plate so I'm going to make another WBS jar and spawn it in the next few days.

Clone that plate pin and through that plate on grain:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder