Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
Re: invitro tek for those of you interested [Re: IDontGrow]
    #1106657 - 12/03/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey hippie while nansnook might have appropriated (stole) this tek originated at mycotopia, they did have permision

( This tek may be reposted anywhere, by anyone. I only ask that you copy the tek in it's ENTIRETY and omit/add nothing. Any updates to this tek will
be gladly accepted, researched, and added with credit where it is due. )

Maybe shroomzilla could be persuaded to recsind his permission to repost ?

Best cake tek out there no wonder NAN wants to steal it. :shocked::

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: invitro tek for those of you interested [Re: bigslick]
    #1107557 - 12/03/02 03:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

this tek it a great tek and should be posted and reposted.....i fell that people trying to brag and make one place look like its defrauding another should just keep there opinions to themselves. hippie3 i have alot of respect for the work you have done but man leave the web board war out of this post please.

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #1109222 - 12/04/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

i fell that people trying to brag and make one place look like its defrauding another should just keep there opinions to themselves

you might feel differently if it were your stuff being ripped off.
since mycotopia is my site i think i have a right to express my opinion about the situation when someone copies our entire archives from 9-10 months ago and puts it on their website only a few weeks old.
nan's posts comprise only a tiny % of the 10,000 posts he copied over to his site. i do find it flattering that he would steal our archives but i find it unethical that he has changed the files to hide their true origin, mycotopia. folks yell if ever i copy without crediting the source, nan should credit the source instead of just changing the name from mycotopia archives to nansnook archives, that's called plagiarism and it's considered unethical in most circles.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Edited by Hippie3 (12/04/02 05:29 AM)

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: invitro tek for those of you interested [Re: Hippie3]
    #1109367 - 12/04/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mean to be disrespectful, as I know you're a pioneer in the mushroom world, but please. I know you two have some sort of feud going on, but this isn't the time or place to air your dirty laundry. I don't really care where that tek came from, it was reprinted here and that's what we're discussing. If you want to announce to the shroomery your feelings about Nan and his nook, please do it in your own thread. peace

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: invitro tek for those of you interested [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1110081 - 12/04/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yes his arcives are a spitting image of yours but how man mushroom growing teks are there?? if he were makeing money off of your arcives you would have a strong arguement but hes not so i dont see what the big deal is. if you dont want your info to be "stolen" then you have to copy wright it my friend.  :shocked:

--------------------
work of fiction

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

#1111825 - 12/04/02 10:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
work of fiction

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
    #1112017 - 12/04/02 11:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My god they're beautiful

--------------------

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: invitro tek for those of you interested [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #1113678 - 12/05/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

all the mushrooms featured in this post are the pf classic aka matias romero strain.

--------------------
work of fiction

Edited by IDontGrow (12/05/02 12:11 PM)

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

#1114424 - 12/05/02 03:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

cake tek for use with quart tek listed above......... :wink:
First: In Vitro Primordiation
There are many ways to extend the life of a cake and get more shrooms. The essential pf tek is to always allow primordia to appear on the cake in vitro. But not only that, wait for more. So when you spot the first primordia, wait around 3 to 4 more days before birthing. This stimulates more of them, and then your first flush will be fat. This invitro primodiation works well with only the PF spore race. All of the others that I have seen, need to be birthed after about a month invitro, and then given the casing treatment.

Second: The Casing
After the first flush is done, clean the cake of all abhorted primordia and fungi nubs (a sharp knife blade will work). fill a jar cap with vermiculite, soak it and drain it. Place the now cleaned post first flush cake upside down on top of the wet vermiculite (top left photo). Carefully wet the now top vermiculite layer (a thin layer that adheres to the cake) that used to be on the bottom. When the cake is first birthed, most of this top layer is scraped away, but there will be a thin layer that adheres to the fungi. This becomes the top casing layer. Another thing you can try is to soak and drain some vermiculite and with a spoon, smear it on the top over the thinner top vermiculite layer to get a thicker top layer which can add even more water to the cake. That is what this is, a rehydration of the cake. It is the new water that stimulates more fruiting. Also, from the bottom they will reappear growing from the wet vermiculite (as in the top right photo - 3rd flush). It is sort of a double casing technique (cased on top and bottom). You can get decent bumper crops this way.

Spraying and maintenance
Once you set the cake upside down, spray the now top casing layer a few times. You can soak it, but be careful to not overdo it. Do this once or twice a day, when you air the cakes and mist them. This will feed the cakes water - gradually. The cakes will turn white again. As soon as you spot primordia appearing in the casing layer, cease spraying the casing directly and let the primordia go for it. This is why it is probably important to not use a thick upper casing layer. As soon as the primordia start appearing, spraying them can rot them. When you spot the new primordia - employ the neglect tek.

The cake whitening phenomenon
One of the most interesting effects of this tek, is the revitalization of the cake. After the initial fruiting, if it is really fat, the cake will be a bit blued. One of the signs of old age in PF cakes is the blueing that will occur. Most likely, the cause of this overall blueing of the cake is moisture loss and thirst of the cake. When the PF double ended cake casing tek is employed, the cake will gradually turn white again. After about a week under the casing tek, the cake will be completely white again and on its way to a good second flush.

CASING AND RECASING
This casing tek seems to work better if you completely clean the cake after the first casing flush and recase with fresh vermiculite. After the flush occurs, the top and bottom vermiculite layers should be scraped off and replaced. A good way to do it is like peeling an apple. Hold the cake in your hand without squeezing, and with a knife, scrap the old vermiculite off the cake. Try to clean down to the surface of the cake. The scraping doesn't hurt the cake at all because these older cakes become "tougher". The mycelium tends to be "tighter" and less fluffy and the cake becomes contamination resistant. This "toughening up" and recasing of the mycelial cake is also reported in the old OSS and OERIC (McKenna brothers) mushroom cultivation book published in 1976.
After the cake is carefully cleaned (rather a painstaking procedure but not difficult), the cake is placed on a freshly soaked and drained bottom layer of vermiculite (on a plate or in a jar cap). Then, fresh dry vermiculite is poured over the top of the cake and smoothed down to a layer of 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. A thin layer is the best way to go because the shrooms can easily fruit out of it without making their way through a thick layer.

The spray bottle offers a good way to drip water onto the casing. By slowly squeezing the spray lever, the water will drip out in single drops. You can also use an eye dropper. Slowly wet the top layer. If you apply to much water and it over soaks the vermiculite, the cake can be tilted and excess water drained from the top vermiculite layer.

After every flush - reclean the cake and apply fresh vermiculite. What this does is prevent contaminants from building up. The cakes stay uncontaminated and fruitable for a good two to three months. You can get several flushes out of a properly cared for cake. This long life for a cake is essential for good Treasure Coast fruiting since the TC has the longest gestation period of any of these races and needs extra time. This casing tek keeps the cake white and uncontaminated for its life duration. And scince the TC has a cake life of at least 4 months, the PF double ended casing tek is a must for the Treasure Coast (don't bother with invitro primordiation with the TC - it doesn't work at all).

Psylocybe Fanaticus
Seattle Washington USA
updated - November 3 1999

--------------------
work of fiction

Offlinehandicappergeneral
Stranger
    #21536344 - 04/12/15 08:34 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone have any pictures that they could post?

I think that I'm clear on most of this process, but the risers/stacking part I can't quite picture.

--------------------
Damn it, Brain.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract