Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
Re: Best drying method???
    #71560 - 01/13/00 05:15 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to dry with dessicant, just click on "Grow/Find" to your left and there are very detailed instructions on how to dry mushrooms in the PF Tek and the Magic Mushroom Growers Guide. Personally, I live up here in Canada where the air is super dry this time of year. I just put them in front of a cheap fan (not a heater) on a piece of raised mesh bent in the shape of an L (so they don't blow off). In about 24 to 36 hours they are crispy dry. As for drying mushrooms without losing their perfect shape, I'm afraid that's impossible (atleast in my opinion).

[This message has been edited by Scratcher (edited January 13, 2000).]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Best drying method??? [Re: Scratcher]
    #71562 - 01/13/00 05:25 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

If you want them to look good, you can do what I do with Reishi mushrooms, which works nearly pirfectly:
cut them in half, by cutting a small way through the base, and then pulling them apart, and they rip the legnth, then cut the cap so that you have two halfs.. then string up them on a thread, rather thick, not too thin.. and then hang then infront of a fan, and turn that on.. leave then there for a day or so, then throw them in the usual dessicant and screen container.. for a few hours.. then they are rock hard and look grrrreat
:smile:
good luck

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

#71563 - 01/14/00 08:22 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I dry mine between 2 T-shirts (the top one black) and a 60 w incandescent bulb a couple of inches above that.

I swear by the beard of Blackbeard that I've never seen shrooms dry that quick before. No / very little loss of potency and they don't bruise at all.

After 2 days you can dessicant-dry them if you like... I couldn't tell the difference between my shrooms that'd been dessicated and those who were not.

------------------
//Moomin666 -When madness is an art...

[This message has been edited by moomin666 (edited January 14, 2000).]

Anonymous

#71564 - 01/14/00 08:42 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Get a deep tupperwere thing bend a screan or something so it has a 1 inch space under it, fill that space with RID DRI, and put the lid on, the RID DRi removes moisture from your shrooms and they never are exposed to heat so nothing in them is destroyed, nor turn blue (unless handled rough).

Anonymous

#71565 - 01/14/00 08:47 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Do NEVER dessicate shrooms directly off the casing. At least pre-dry them on a paper / cardboard surface for a day first.

Otherwise you are wasting good dessicant. (You need a lot and it'll get mighty wet and fucked up!)

------------------
//Moomin666 -When madness is an art...

Offlinen8
    #71566 - 01/14/00 05:05 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

remember that dessicant is infinitely reusable, you just need to stick it in the oven.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag