Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesutec
addict
Re: --Using mylecuim to colonize more substrate?--
    #71056 - 01/10/00 01:07 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yes,
This in fact is the preferred way to create jars. Create a nicly colonized jar that shows good strong mycelial growth, and when it has reached 100%, use the mycelium from this jar to innoculate other sterilized jar (use 10% of the "master" jar to innoculate).

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatlas
always listening
Male
Re: --Using mylecuim to colonize more substrate?-- [Re: sutec]
    #71058 - 01/10/00 06:06 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have wanted to start doing this but don't know exactly how to go about doing it... Will someone do a step by step for me, pleaseeeeeeee?!

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Anonymous

#71059 - 01/11/00 03:41 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

W-H-E-N-Y-O-U-R-J-A-R-I-S-1-0-0-%-C-O-L-O-N-I-Z-E-D,T-A-K-E-A-C-H-U-N-K-O-F-T-H-A-T,A-N-D-P-U-T-I-T-I-N-T-H-E-J-A-R-Y-O-U-H-O-P-E-T-O-C-O-L-O-N-I-Z-E.

spelled it out for ya. doesn't get much easier than that.

agent orange

Anonymous

#71060 - 01/10/00 10:29 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

W - H - A - T A-B-O-U-T S-T-E-R-I-L-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N O-F T-H-E N-E-W J-A-R O-F S-U-B-S-T-R-A-T-E ?????

How are you supposed to get the chunk of the master into the new sterilized jar without opening it, & diggin into the substrate to put the chunk in?.....and without contaminating it with one your hands, and two air borne contaminations when you open it and starting diggin around in there>

Offlinesutec
addict
    #71061 - 01/10/00 10:48 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

The way I like to do it is as follows, I like to use RYE GRAIN as it requires almost NO preparation, and it's very cheap, plus it's easy to mix (shake).

Jar 1 = 100% colonized Jar
Jar 2 = Freshly Sterilized Substrate (less than 24 hrs old)

To do the transfer lock yourself in a room, shut off all fans, close all windows and seal anything that could cause a draft. Now drench the room in Lysol, let it sit for 5 mins, then repeat. When this layer has settled start the transfer. It's also useful to use a particle mask (or something to protect you from breathing all over your work-area (use mouthwash before doing this also, cuts the possibility of contamination even more).

Open Jar 1 and Jar 2 using SLOW methodical movements and pour 10% of Jar 1 into Jar 2. Close the lids on both jars and shake Jar 2 to distribute the innoculant. This is why I like Rye Grain, it's easy to shake and it's a fast and nutrient filled (besides, Paul Stamets likes it too :P).

I usually don't worry about contaminants beyond the steps mentioned. The reason is since the mycelium is already healthy and virile, it will usually overtake and and all contaminants in Jar 2 before they get a foothold. Just be smart when doing the transfers.

Repeat for Jars 3-10 (using 10% in each jar).

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#71062 - 01/11/00 11:06 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

First you let the master jar fully colonize. Next you pressure cook your new jars in a pressure cooker for 45-minutes to an hour let cool to room temperature . While their cooling down, prepare an innoculation chamber OR go to a room with no drafts and spray it down with clorox and water mixture. About 1 part clorox to 10 parts water. Or use a can of lysol. Let fumes die down before entering the room.Place an alcohol lamp in the room on a table big enough to do the work, also take an incubation chamber of some sorts in with you( styrofoam cooler with lid)make sure its clan as well, and an exacto nife. Put on a hat, and a face mask. Spray your self god with lysol. Put on surgical gloves( found at walmart). Take the master jar into the room along with the pressure cooker. Open the cooker and place the new jars on the table beside the master jar. Take the exacto knife and flame the tip until glowing red. Let cool and loosen bot lids on the jars very loose. Take the exacto and lifting the master jar lid quickly slice a tiny bit of white then open the lid of the new jar and place the white inside, quickly closeing both jars. Shake the new jar a couple times and place inthe cooler. Flame the exacto knife after every transfer! Once done with all new jars, Put your cooler in a warm dark place for around a week or two depending on the mushroom. And case whats left of your master jar. Remeber that every once in a while its a good idea to change substrates so as to change up the nutrients to keep the mushrooms interested.

------------------
"IT's two in the morning.....Do you know where your flashlite and paper bag are?"

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #71063 - 01/11/00 01:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

take a fully colonized jar and smack it against the palm of your hand to loosen the spawn medium\substrate then pour 10 precent of the original colonized jar into each other jar. once the master jar is done and you have ten new jars shake each jar well to distributed the spawn. incubate in the dark etc...

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #71064 - 01/11/00 01:48 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

i guess bluhoney already said that though :smile:

Offlinesutec
addict
    #71065 - 01/11/00 02:04 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

or I could have said it also, I forget tho :P

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Offlinekbone
enthusiast
    #71066 - 01/11/00 04:17 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, i believe i have a good understanding now since there has been so many peoplez :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags