Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Give your opinion on the United States of America!
    #7016599 -




Give your opinion on the United States of America!

Each of us have enough opinions on the USA to fill a book with it, so keep it brief and to the point. You cannot say it all, say the things you feel need to be said. If it's to the point of your opinion, feel free to cut corners to keep it snappy.

Also, specify whether you are an US resident, a Foreigner, and whether you've ever been there.

Let's not, I repeat, not turn this into a shouting match, but let's stay civil in the things we agree and disagree on.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016620 -

Haha, I haven't lived long enough to have a good enough opinion. I'll observe for another 10-15 years and see where this country goes.


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016623 -

i feel this country (and the world) is on the verge of a major change. what that means i don't know. war? revolution? plague? drought? death to the infidels? you decide.

i'm an american btw.


--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016637 -

I think the majority of Americans are materialistic and misinformed. They put complete trust in the government and believe everything the giant news conglomerates tell them. I'm an American resident and I believe America is completely fucked.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016653 -

Often misrepresented, we are a country that offers the ability to change as a whole for better or for worse. More importantly, we are a country that offers the ability to change ourselves for better or for worse.

It's not how America represents it's citizens that I think many people have a problem with, it's how America attempts to represent foreigners. Foreign policy is our biggest flaw, imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Cowgold]
    #7016656 -

I may live in this country but it's the furthest thing from my mind as I plan to leave soon. :O So... I don't like the US government, I feel bad for the oppressed people, the millions of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Cowgold]
    #7016662 -

bush and his war will take this country to hell in a hand basket...

seems that freedom has a high cost...

I dont even feel like gettin into it... :crankey:

:bye:


--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: RandomHero]
    #7016681 -

I am an american citizen and a veteran..

I think this country  :eatadick:  :ass2mouth:  :blowme:  :blowjob:  :lickass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: trauma47645]
    #7016700 -

I'm from America

I think we're full of idiots, but we're still the most powerful nation on earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: robbyberto]
    #7016708 -

Also, alot of Americans are too religious. Most are unable to understand or accept other religions or people who merely live differently.

Our entertainment destroys attention spans and our ability to discern reality from imagination. One good thing it does is desensitize. Thats backwards from what most people say but considering that be-headings and random killing is common in enemy nations is it really that bad to be prepared for a traumatizing event by witnessing these events in a safe enviroment? I know its twisted and it dosent always work that way but think about it.

Seeing that I'm on my third paragraph I'm not really living up to this 'brief' rule that has been established.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: trauma47645]
    #7016710 -

Well, as an Australian I can safely say that it's honestly not my place to have an opinion. Now before someone gets on their high horse and says "BUT THEIR DECISIONS AFFECT THE WORLD INCLUDING AUSTRALIA WTFBBQ", let's try and keep this civil, eh?

America is a country with great power. What's to say if we swapped, say, Russia and America, Russia wouldn't be the same? We don't rightly know what would happen.

Sure, I believe that America, especially the current administration, has made some questionable decisions, but hey... maybe they're constantly the focus of attention because everyone wants the big men to fall.

Where were all these idiots saying "NO WAR, GET THE TROOPS OUT, AMERICA SUX" when Rwanda was being torn apart by warring factions? Hundreds of innocents being hacked to death with machetes? Did those people care then?

Meh. Just my two cents.


--------------------
Victims; aren't we all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Butta]
    #7016756 -

the national anthem played by jimi hendrix is my view of the usa.
beautiful. warped. twisted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: trauma47645]
    #7016769 -

I'm American, but I don't follow politics past the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.  I know I shouldn't be so ignorant but from what i understand we're not behaving like we should as a nation. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Butta]
    #7016808 -

Butta said:
Sure, I believe that America, especially the current administration, has made some questionable decisions, but hey... maybe they're constantly the focus of attention because everyone wants the big men to fall.




:thumbup:

What people fail to remember is that the US is a newer country that separated from one of the strongest countries at the time and started a different system altogether.  This has left older countries in Europe to feel superior to the youngin, and perhaps jealous at their quick rise to world power influence.  I feel other countries judge Americans based on what they read about our government.  Hell, they watch OUR news and it's nothing but balls out criticism of the government.  The US all of a sudden is a monster.  While there is a lower level of intelligence present, like any other country,  there are many intelligent Americans who continuely question their government.  Not because they want to pack up and move, but to make sure the winds of positive change stay in motion.  It's not just our right, it's our obligation  I am a citizen as you can tell.

The US is a country where if you are determined and driven, you have the opportunity to make a very comfortable life for you and your family.  Due to a large population, there is a wide myriad of choices offered to the younger generations when it comes to choosing a profession.  The system set up is one where the government is forced to listen to their people or they will see a shift in power.  I think the world was waiting for someone like Bush to come along and majorly screw up because it gives a reason for other countries (who feel inferior but should get over it) to get a chance to say "I told you so".  I think you will see that this time in history will become more of a changing of the guards of generational thought rather than the apocolypse like some would like to make it out to be.


--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Edited by DrCamacho89 (06/06/07 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016824 -

I love what this country once stood for, and fear the direction it's going.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7016833 -

i'm from eastern europe and i see lots in common with soviet idealism and american patriotism: PARANOIA. a good country, but it's the same thing everywhere - the good die young and pricks live forever.

the citizens are too passive. that means YOU, you citizen you.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016834 -

my $0.02..

American culture glorifies the strong and successful, but in a bad way because it is fully at the expense of the weak and downtrodden. It is lacking in compassion.

American politics are dominated by a few lobby/power/pressure groups which behind the scenes call all the shots. To them, war means profit plain and simple, so you've got your war on drugs and war on countries that are easy targets.

In a few years, the American Government will be to World War Three what the German Government was to World War Two.

Your christian organisations have nothing at all to do with Jesus and everything with the powers that be that had him crucified.

Your antisocial nutjobs are very vocal, and otherwise perfectly normal people go out of their way to defend the right of these people to be antisocial nutjobs. Freedom seems to only apply to the people who stomp down hardest on the sensitivities of others.

The American people. Most Americans I met were perfectly normal and reasonable people, like most people of any nation in the world. People are people no matter where you go, and that's a good thing. On the average, I love the american people :heart: like I do those of all nations.

On the whole, America has tremendous potential to do achieve the greatest things, but it's potential lies dormant because it is being led and directed by people utterly unsuitable for the job. To make America shine as brightly like it very well can, you'll have to get rid of the bad apples. Unfortunately, almost all bad apples are in positions of power.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Silversoul]
    #7016849 -

Silversoul said:
I love what this country once stood for, and fear the direction it's going.



That's a good statement. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016867 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
In a few years, the American Government will be to World War Three what the German Government was to World War Two.




Okay, Bush may be an awful president, but he's no Hitler. Please study the history of the nazi regime and point out the similarities, because I find that statement ridiculous.

Don't forget how much the world has changed since World War 2.


--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Give your opinion on the United States of America! [Re: Asante]
    #7016886 -

It's still a good country to live in, even though those who run it sucks goatballs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* America is kinda freaking me out.. anyone else?
( 1 2 all )
Chills420 version2 7,116 37 02/27/03 05:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Leaving America
( 1 2 3 all )
Adom 5,982 44 08/25/03 04:52 PM
by pattern
* 2 sided fear and a state of being ParrotDucks 1,508 10 03/27/03 01:26 AM
by ParrotDucks
* Deadheads Unite Ripple 2,353 16 11/05/02 09:00 PM
by Ripple
* Fresh shrooms for sale in my town :) ( United Kingdom ) Legalize_MJ 1,893 4 05/28/03 01:16 PM
by Xibalba
* the dumbing down of america
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 3,626 32 08/29/03 03:53 AM
by geokills
* only in america student 1,512 16 10/02/03 01:22 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* The Inca trail and traveling south america Anonymous 1,434 11 05/19/04 06:51 AM
by Krishna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
9,965 topic views. 8 members, 25 guests and 332 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.