Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: My situation
    #69414 - 12/22/99 08:06 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well, the really thin whitish stuff is probably spider mold. Sorry, man. If it were mycelium, it wouldn't be translucent.

And I wouldn't worry about any more contam after opening the jar. You're already screwed.

Sorry, man. Inoculate some more. Be more sterile. I'm sure you did what you could, just try it on a larger scale. Bad luck.

Maybe if you could post a picture, I could be more sure. But it REALLY sounds like cobweb mold. I've fallen to a LOT of it.

------------------
Not every end is a goal. The end of a melody is not its goal; but nonetheless, if the melody had not reached its end it would not have reached its goal. A parable.

-Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#69416 - 12/22/99 08:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well that is very upsetting. I have absolutely the worst luck in the world when it comes to things like this :frown: It didn't look like mycelium, but the most common contamination seems to be green mold. I guess I'll do some more jars and let these ones sit just to see what happens (hey, why not!). I'll try to be more sterile. I thought I was sterile last time but I guess not. I used regular boiling water instead of a pressure cooker so that might have caused it, or while I was adding the spores. I can't post a picture, I don't have a scanner, plus you probably wouldn't be able to see the white stuff through the jar anyways. I'll just hope for the best (but expect the worst)

------------------
"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

Anonymous

#69417 - 12/22/99 09:21 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Alright buddy, here's the situation. Contamination is everybodies worst nightmare when it comes to growing these babies. I know I sound like I'm bragging but I was able to grow 10 out of 10 cakes without the slightest contamination problems on my very first attempt. Now I wanted to tell you this so you'll know that doing the way I suggest will probably work for you. Okay, first of all get a pressure cooker, I know it might be difficult--it definitely was for me. But if your really serious about this get one. The pressure cooker will most definitely kill all the contams in your substrate. Now I used the Ramsey seal technique which is available under the grow/find section. Use this and you'll be even more protected from contams. Also, before you innoculate your jars, turn on the oven at low for about a minute then pull out the bottom rack and place all of your jars on this rack. The heat from the oven will rise and this convection will keep contams from falling on your jars will innoculating. Next, and this is extremely important, make sure you re-sterilize your needle before every innoculation. Now that means every time you stick the needle in one of the holes it should be sterilized even if its into the same jar. Now, if your super careful like I was then you'll be pretty safe. If you find that you still have contams then you might want to check out the syringe solution. There could possibly be contamination in the spore solution. Just get the spore syringes from the right dealers and you shouldn't have to worry about that.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

Anonymous

#69418 - 12/22/99 09:25 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

>>Just get the spore syringes from the right dealers and you shouldn't have to worry about that.

man, at least call them vendors.... please :rolleyes:

Anonymous

#69419 - 12/23/99 02:05 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

It should be noted that I used a print, not a syringe. I was using Shroom Wizard's technique.

------------------
"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

Anonymous

#69420 - 12/23/99 03:25 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

quote:
Originally posted by another_dimension:
>>Just get the spore syringes from the right dealers and you shouldn't have to worry about that.

man, at least call them vendors.... please :rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds