Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Crazy people
    #688794 - 06/19/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

We are all crazy, but the crazy crazy people are those who want to speak to a doctor and live in a clinic.. Any other views on crazy people?

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Crazy people [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #688812 - 06/19/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

no the crazy crazy people are those who want to speak to a clinic and live in a doctor

Anonymous

#688824 - 06/19/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Crazy is voting for someone you never met to give them control over your life and the lives of all those you love based merely on the lies he/she carefully formulates for public consumption.

Madness, pure madness...

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #688825 - 06/19/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

crazy crazy people are those who want to speak to a doctor and live in a clinic

What a crazy thing to say....

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Re: Crazy people [Re: GRTUD]
    #688829 - 06/19/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, yes, only "crazy" people speak to doctors! I bet when they're sick too.

--------------------

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Re: Crazy people [Re: GRTUD]
    #688830 - 06/19/02 05:36 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure people who reply to themselves on message boards are quite sane! (Wew, I was getting nervous.)

--------------------

Anonymous

#689092 - 06/19/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You are all a bunch of crazies

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Crazy people [Re: ]
    #689391 - 06/19/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

everyone [ i hope ;] has doubts about their sanity occassionally, but when you learn that medicine knows just as much about your 'condition' as you do.. you realise that it can be just a state of mind, a desire for an alternate reality, and you can fix yourself without any of this antidepressant bs

i was walking home the other day past the place where peole are singing, rain hail or shine, night or day.... i thought thats got to be a 'retreat' in there... and sure enough i finally checked it out and theres people in blue gowns chain smoking, pacing, hopping, singing, dancing..... it only has knee high fences tho... maybe its a level one retreat, the first step on the ladder, apprentices of the insane, where they work themselves up to straitjackets padded cells thorazine... the real deal
crazy.... i wonder what its like being them... theyre not crazy, they just belong in a beautiful land only accessed sometimes in our dreams....

heres me

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: Crazy people [Re: deepr]
    #689413 - 06/19/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, we should give them their own land and let them run wild.

maybe they are ahead of their time. They are showing us what life is all about - chain smoking, pacing, hopping, singing, dancing.....

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #689423 - 06/19/02 11:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Have you seen K-pax? Very cool movie..

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #689600 - 06/20/02 03:20 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you realise that it can be just a state of mind, a desire for an alternate reality, and you can fix yourself without any of this antidepressant bs

As a life-long depressive, I can tell you that it is not just a "state of mind", but is caused from bio-chemical imbalances. BTW, I have never taken prescription anti-depressants (as I don't do drugs).

One cannot just think, chant, dance, exercise or whatever, their depression away any more than you can think your diabetes away.

Please refrain from making ignorant statements. If you are really interested in this condition, do some research before posting.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Crazy people [Re: Swami]
    #689725 - 06/20/02 04:53 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I would like to comment since I have been diagnosed as a severely depressed person in the past, due to chemical imbalances like you said.

I was on the medications.. they did nothing but give me a false sense of happiness and did more harm than good. That was my experience with them anyway. I got off them and discovered meditation.

Now, maybe I am just imagining it, but I have been much more at peace and happier with myself over the past few years after finding meditation. Maybe the chemical imbalance is still there, as I can tend to go through depressive episodes... but for the most part I think that the meditation DID in fact help with the chemical imbalance. I have done a fair amount of research on the subject, and it seems that we really don't know much about depression at all.

Now I am not saying that some people don't need these medications, and that some people don't have a serious case of depression that they cannot really control. But for me, I have been able to control it to a certain extent. I think depression is half a chemical imbalance, and half a state of mind. Maybe more or less in different people.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #689856 - 06/20/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I will agree with you, that it may be somewhat in our power to control, but if you have a predeliction for it, you must be constantly on guard to prevent the fall into the abyss. Meditation can help as one can learn to control certain thought-patterns that may exacerbate the condition.

My main point being that depression is not just a mental outlook; thinking happy thoughts will not CURE you.

I wish I had the title, but recently perused a new 600 page semi-autobigraphical book about one man's 30 year search for a cure. It covers everything from diet, therapy, medication, to yoga and meditation. His conclusion: one can learn to control the mood swings somewhat, but there is no cure.

On another note: many people on the Ayahuasca board state unequivocally that Ayahuasca gave them dramatic improvements in overcoming depression. Limited research shows that Ayahuasca is unique among psychedelics in that it increases receptor sites and elevates seratonin levels (unlike LSD and psilocybin which deplete serotonin levels.)

Why don't I delve deeper into Ayahuasca? Taste, nausea, vomitting and fear. Ayahuasca can take you deeper than your craziest shroom trip!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #689873 - 06/20/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In my opinion any chemical imbalance and resultant mental state(s) are only just karma.......accrued through false identification with one's own personal(separate) existence ........and your actual "being" exists entirely away from it.........but I could be wrong

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Anonymous

#689898 - 06/20/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I would certainly like to try Ayahuasca. It has intrigued me for quite some time, and I have done some research on it and think that it is something that I would benefit from. Now where to obtain some..

Anonymous

Re: Crazy people [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #689915 - 06/20/02 06:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well you may be right Freak.. but I think you may have a false interpretation of karma. Karma acts as a balancing force in the Universe, it is not for making people suffer or for punishment. It is the same as the waves in the ocean.. up and down. Which one is good and which one is bad? They are both good, because they keep each other balanced.
Karma is inherit in all beings, and it is carried by the soul. If you create "bad" karma for yourself, the point of that bad karma is not to make you miserable and suffer.. the point is to counter that bad karma and create good karma to balance it. This is what makes for growth. Without a bad or good karma, we would never learn anything, and we would never evolve. We probably wouldn't even exist.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #690008 - 06/20/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well I will be trying ayuasca this year, the ingredients are easy to get, in some of the online stores, I got them from basement shaman.
I will tell you how it goes after I do it.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Crazy people [Re: LOBO]
    #690049 - 06/20/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I just found a source.. I will be ordering some and then using it when the time is right.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
    #690417 - 06/20/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ok not all cases swami, i acknowledge that there are some 'sick' people out there , i thought i should have rewritten that for you ...
... but when a healthy 20%+ of people in the western world suffer depression at some point in their lives, blaming it on a permanent chemical imbalance is incorrect. this temporary chemical imbalance can be corrected in most through exercise, diet (omega3 etc) meditation, perspective etc. this is what i was talkin bout. i dont propose to have a cure all...

ive been interested in ayahuasca as well... reading that experiments have shown that it can temporarily increase serotonin reuptake (for about a month or two afterwards) these have not been duplicated by a 'lab' yet tho

i have suffered depression on and off (like most people on this board.... we think too much) and have taken antidepressants, and found that they gave me indeed, a false sense of happiness, but enabled me to get some perspective on the situation... that is all, the rest is up to me, it took an overhaul of thought patterns

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#690661 - 06/20/02 01:59 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree that some people are genuinely crazy, they have physical defects in their brains or have chemical imbalances or something.

But I'm sure you know that there are millions of people medicating themselves with powerful drugs because they think have "generalized anxiety disorder" or bored housewives taking prozac. There is a pill for people who are shy. I had many friends in high school who were prescribed ritilin because they couldn't pay attention in class, isn't that normal? They even have medicine to help your depressed pets! Now this is truly crazy.

It seems like as a society, we are trying to wipe away all our problems with pills. Have you seen the ads for some of these? it's ridiculous.
it's crazy I tell ya!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate