Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin
    #6876572 -

So I have a Large flush. I don't know about drying though. I bought a NESCO food dehydrator, but didn't realize it had no temp control. I think it gets around 100 F. I actually dried out around and ounce and a half in the dehydrator and ate about 0.6g. The effects were definitely there. The stuff was like the driest crackers you ever ate. Does anyone know what heat does to the psychedelics in the shrooms? It always seems to me that the wet ones give me the best buzz. I usually attribute that to there being more psilocin in the wet ones.

The question is does the heat scientifically damage the psilocybin, and or convert all of the psilocin to psilocybin?

To test it I have dried out a bunch simply by laying them on newspaper with a fan blowing on them. They get pretty dry that way but not nearly as dry as the dehydrator. Should I invest in a nice temperature controlled dehydrator, or try and use desecant?

Where to get desecant?

So I am pretty good at getting 1/4# flushes but I know knothing about preservation.

Any Comments appreciated.

-CK


--------------------
Bulk grower with "some" success.

  Cloning Machine 
   
Nice Lids

A few pics of my DT setup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: Cheesekiller]
    #6876583 -

your temps are fine i dry mine at 140f and i have dried them all the way to 190 to see if there was a diff and there wasnt.people make tea with booms how hot is the boiling water they put em in ? and they still trip. so yea you should be fine.as for eating fresh mushies your body from what i hear turns the psilocin to psilocybin any way so that doesnt really matter dont bother with a desecant if you have a dehydrator


--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #6876594 -

I took an old bucket and cut a hole in the lid... I put a CPU fan with an AC adaptor on it.... There is a CPU fan blowing on my fruits 24 hours a day.... they are pretty dry... and I dont take the chance of heat ruining them


--------------------
Are You High? Are You Low? - Ohgr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #6876632 -

Sounds good to me. I just stuffed about what I estimate another dry zip in the NESCO. Thanks for the advice.

I still definitely get a better/different buzz from the fresh ones though. Any comment on that?

-CK


--------------------
Bulk grower with "some" success.

  Cloning Machine 
   
Nice Lids

A few pics of my DT setup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: Cheesekiller]
    #6876639 -

Maybe I'll try the latter advice as well. With the next flush. Might as well get another data point right?

-CK


--------------------
Bulk grower with "some" success.

  Cloning Machine 
   
Nice Lids

A few pics of my DT setup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: Cheesekiller]
    #6876970 -

well before u dry it of course fresh is going to be the most potent,booms lose potency due to oxidation not heat.so drying them quikly with minimal heat is optimal fan drying imho you will lose more but still not really a whole lot you wont even notice really.


--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #6877171 -

I believe psilocybin is destroyed at temps somewhere around 450 degrees (give or take a few degrees).

Judging form this, even if your dehydrator ran at 200 degrees you would be perfectly fine.

I once baked some shrooms at 300 degrees for the hell of it, and they still worked after. They are strong, youd be surprised hoew much they can handle.


--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Drying, heat Psilocybin, Psilocin [Re: Akira]
    #6880337 -

Thanks for the advice. I have em paper dry now. Last night I took a few and yeah they definitely still kick.

Later,
-CK


--------------------
Bulk grower with "some" success.

  Cloning Machine 
   
Nice Lids

A few pics of my DT setup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: psilocybin/psilocin extraction tek
( 1 2 all )
Psychonaut 10,095 36 06/28/00 03:17 PM
by Anonymous
* Heat and dried mushrooms
( 1 2 3 all )
thealman 13,291 46 07/17/13 11:51 PM
by Juiceh
* DRYING SHROOMS WITH FOOD DEHYDRATOR
( 1 2 all )
XAZIA 76,909 21 02/10/18 08:06 AM
by bodhisatta
* Need Desiccant with Dehydrator? Anonymous 1,085 1 07/20/03 10:43 PM
by Psilocybin_monkey
* drying ur freshies outside when its an overcast. sBUD 2,866 17 08/02/02 02:18 PM
by soundwave106
* drying with no fan
( 1 2 all )
diseased 2,958 24 07/28/02 05:24 PM
by Poopman
* Re: Wet=Great!/Dry=Blah :-( BaldCuban 973 4 05/20/00 12:28 PM
by Anonymous
* Drying with micro waves...
( 1 2 all )
kykeon 5,223 26 09/03/02 01:17 AM
by Hippie3

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,095 topic views. 14 members, 155 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.