Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Drying with micro waves... [Re: Fd3000]
    #855438 - 08/31/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Drying cubes with a microwave, is like trying to wipe your ass with a large live hungry alligator. It just isn't going to work. SixTango  :grin: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
Re: Drying with micro waves... [Re: Snoop]
    #856773 - 09/01/02 10:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Basically psilocybin breaks down at a certian temperature.. you can simmer mushrooms in mushroom tea without much of a decrease in potency. You can also turn the oven on.. then let it cool off for 5 mins.. put the mushrooms in and keep the oven door ajar(or something). Dunno how hot a microwave gets though ^^

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Drying with micro waves... [Re: Jammer]
    #857822 - 09/01/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx to all of you for the replies.

I took a agaricus shroom and cut two slices (foto 1)

Then I put one of the slices in the microwave oven in the lowest temp possible, 80 watt, for 30 minutes.

The result was to send the water out of the shroomie, which was dried (foto 2)

As you can see, the SIZE is definately smaller, as it should be. The only problem was the alteration of colour, which means that it was somehow boiled a little. Also its not crack dry, after 30 mins in the microwave oven, it had to pass another 30 minutes in front of a fan.

The temp was not THAT high to destroy psilocybin. Even if it was boiled, i find it similar to making tea as far as temp goes.

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
Re: Drying with micro waves... [Re: kykeon]
    #858143 - 09/01/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The temp was not THAT high to destroy psilocybin. Even if it was boiled, i find it similar to making tea as far as temp goes.

How do you know, if you didn't try a psilocybian mushroom? You still have to try 3-5 Equadors of yours (or your usual dosage), eat them and then only you'll be able to say whether or not psilocybin was destroyed. As soon as I can, I will do that test.

It's not that I disagree with you. As a matter of fact, when I was younger, the first time I ate mushrooms, a friend and I put some eighty liberty caps in the oven and let them dry for one whole hour (or more) at 200 deg. C., then we ate them and tripped hard. I don't remember the exact number we put in that oven, and I never ate liberty caps since, so I can't really say. What is certain, is that such a high temp did not destroy the whole content of psilocybin. I'll retry it for the fun with cubies :smile:.

LilMerlin. 

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Drying with micro waves... [Re: LilMerlin]
    #858156 - 09/01/02 11:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am not saying that high temps do not destroy psilocin/psilocybin. I cant say that, for i dont know. All i do know for sure is that i boiled some shrooms once and i tripped okee. But still, i dont know if i would have been tripping harder if i hadnt boiled them :wink: lol lol :laugh: thats the point; all i am saying is "lets take nothing for granted, lets experiment with everything" and I am glad you agree with that. I do hope your experiment will work and will not result in useless shroomies...

Kykeon
athens, greece 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineLilMerlin
Life magicapprentice
Loc: Europe.
    #858269 - 09/02/02 04:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, I thought you were drawing a conclusion from your experiment in the microwave, where you put a non-psilocybian mushroom.

And I don't care about useless shroomies... I have more of them than time to trip :smile:. Now, I'm collecting prints in order to send them to the FSRE.

As I ate over-mature and heat-dried shrooms (2.5 gr.), my next test will be to take 2 or 2.5 gr. but cold-dried shrooms so that I can compare their power. Maybe the following time I'll dry them in the oven at 200 C. But whatever I try, I will report it here.

So, we'll have an occasion to chat again soon :smile:,
LilMerlin. 

--------------------
"Five grams in silent darkness." T. McKenna
Why take more? Take different!

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #860538 - 09/03/02 01:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i tried that once, being in a real hurry,
all the shrooms looked burned but weren't actually burned,
still pliable but brown.
i wouldn't recommend it.
and heat does destroy potency,
toss a bag in the trunk of your car for a week
if you want proof.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order