Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana
    #6779225 -

I think everyone that smokes weed can agree that there are a lot of good things about it, whether it be reduction of inhibitions, relaxation, altered creativity, heightening of senses (or just awareness of the senses), but what of the negative?

I've been toking regularly and non-regularly for 3 or 4 years now and I guess I am kind of torn about the overall package. Certainly when I am with friends I have had really good times and pretty deep conversations. By myself I have produced cool artwork, gotten more into music and pushed myself really hard on my jogs and workouts. On the flip side, with friends I have become withdrawn and reserved and on my own I can become lazy and uninterested in 'normality' - not to mention the effect it has on my reading (sometimes it enhances my focus, but most of the time my reading comprehension goes down the tube).

A lot of us here are growing or trying to grow spiritually and walk the/your path as best we/you can. For you, is marijuana an aid or a speed bump (or maybe it has no effect) in this process? I believe in 'everything in moderation' and have been toking only a little more than once a week - trying to get down to once a week. What kind of cons does marijuana have in your situtation, and do the pros outweigh it?

Edited by WScott (04/12/07 02:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: WScott]
    #6779272 -

um, bad for the lungs

can cause/bring to the surface anxiety

paranoia (depending on the situation this could be good or bad)


clouded over mind no matter how clear of a head one might think they have


I'm sure there are more, and I'm sure some people would debate my suggestions


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: demiu5]
    #6779303 -

I agree, my friends who smoke regularly are feeling the same negative effects of herb, and because of these negative effects I only smoke 2-5 times a month.

But nothing is perfect  :shrug:
You gotta take everything in moderation. :mushroom2:


--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6779329 -

I don't notice the negative effects so much because I normally only smoke on the weekends. I will occasionally smoke during the week and I found it does have a negative effect on my ability to concentrate in class and remember material.


--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6781663 -

TuneInTurnOn said:
You gotta take everything in moderation.




--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: WScott]
    #6782133 -

I only smoke on weekends, and that has kept things in check for me.

Positively, marijuana provided me with more creativity and insight into my own personal matters.

Negatively, though, it makes me lazy and hungry as a beast. MUNCHIES!!!

But, of course, while I'm sober I'm totally normal. There is absolutely no detriment to my daily, waking life from smoking marijuana.

As long as you're keeping your smoking in moderation, and your priorities lined up how they should be, you'll be fine. :thumbup:

:bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6784228 -

I think hallucinogens are teachers...with each one, you learn a lesson, you learn each lesson, and move on to the next, and to the next and then the next, untill you reach a point..........
where you understand that the ultimate lesson to learn, is to become your sober self...to harmonize ,with the universe within.....and witness the beauty of simplicity...

then no more lessons need to be learned....and you start teaching others...

I have been a daily smoker for some good 12 years now, smoking like a maniac, and yeah, well, its time to move on as i see it....weed slows you down too much, even if you smoke only i the weekends, why slow a little bit down?

My idea about slowing down is you do it to an extreme ,enjoy it as much as you want, and then move on to the next lesson.

I should have been a better student tho...i have spend too much time on this...but i learned alot!


--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind


"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek



Edited by Sterile (04/13/07 06:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: WScott]
    #6784836 -

I smoke marijuana daily and plan to until the day I die. Looking back, I honestly don't believe that I've experienced any detrimental effects, other than the constant inhalation of carciniogens into my lungs, but hey, everyone has a vice. As long as you don't smoke cigarettes, you should be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: Sterile]
    #6785130 -

Sterile said:
I think hallucinogens are teachers...with each one, you learn a lesson, you learn each lesson, and move on to the next, and to the next and then the next, untill you reach a point..........
where you understand that the ultimate lesson to learn, is to become your sober self...to harmonize ,with the universe within.....and witness the beauty of simplicity...

then no more lessons need to be learned....and you start teaching others...



beautiful. thank you SO MUCH for actually posting that ... you are the only person I have ever heard speak the EXACT thing I think about all the time these days.

although it was initially purely recreational, i have found that marijuana is primarily an HONEST drug, and just as much a psychedelic as the rest ... it won't let me lie to myself and get away with it ... at least, not anymore.

all it tells me these days is that i don't need to smoke anymore, and that while my past usage of drugs was not necessarily abusive and was overall positively influencing, any current or further use of marijuana would be in fact abuse ... abusing myself trying to deny a fact that I can feel in my heart as truth ... the truth that drugs are not the final answer, and are only a temporary key to the path of philosophy and understanding yourself and your life ...

so then, with my continued use, what am I now looking for in drugs now that I've experienced them all?

it's amazingly obvious that the paranoia and overwhelming anxiety and depersonalized "eraser-head" feelings which are new to my smoking pot these days are nothing more than an honest internal reaction saying QUIT THE SHIT ALREADY, AND STOP LISTENING TO THOSE OTHER STONERS WHO SPOUT HOW "HARMLESS" IT IS.

although I don't necessarily agree with anti-drug propaganda at all, I think that it is only harming the drug-using community to have people saying ANY drugs are "harmless" ... marijuana may not kill you, but it is still a DRUG and causes different effects in different people. people should listen to their own bodies and minds before making a decision, not to propagandists (this includes "marijuana cures life" benefit-advocating stoners, who are just as bad as the other side ... it definitely has benefits for some but it surely isn't for everybody)

I've been a stoner for years, but for my sake I need to now grow up and get over it, and fast. otherwise in the near future I might really experience what the term "rock bottom" truly means ...


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Detremental Effects of Smoking Marijuana [Re: HB]
    #6785524 -

I cant smoke weed without thinking aliens are after me or some kind of crazy shit. I stay away from it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* trying to stop smoking...what to do now? ichbinkiffer 3,319 13 01/22/04 09:50 PM
by Twista
* Smoking too much...
( 1 2 all )
Meph 5,846 24 08/09/03 05:04 PM
by Grav
* Please help! Need to stop smoking cigarettes! hybrIdlumm0x 3,985 14 09/25/03 07:03 AM
by Ripple
* does anyone else here NOT smoke weed?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
nanananotehead 13,091 77 02/11/06 02:12 PM
by ACN45
* Quiting marijuana (log/journal)
( 1 2 all )
whole9 5,056 20 11/12/03 01:03 AM
by whole9
* Mushroom Side effects? Cyber 1,543 10 10/31/04 07:35 PM
by Cyber
* Quitting Smoking Cigs *DELETED* supernaut 3,294 18 03/12/04 11:56 AM
by MycoFactory
* Smoking too much :( daba 1,861 11 07/05/03 12:07 AM
by EgoMagickian

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,009 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.