Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Mushroom Side effects?
    #3297428 - 10/30/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm where to start.

I have noticed what may be a side effect to mushrooming. I am kind of curious if anyone else has had similar experiences.

A little history.. My GF and my self trip on a somewhat regular basses. For the last 3 months we have had a trip every Friday night at the same time. The only time the trip is missed is when she has to be out of town for a few days. This has amounted to 3 times in the last 3 months. We dose at 2 grams for each trip (Level 3 to 4) and the trips are both spiritual and therapeutic for both of us. We have become closer that I though possibly.

I have noticed that on the weekends we do not trip I tend to get a euphoric feeling. Almost a level 1 trip with out taking any shrooms. I also notice a dulling of colors, and a slowing of reparation.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Cyber]
    #3297504 - 10/30/04 03:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes it's called........... FLASHBACKS

If you contonue to use shrooms as often you can count on them getting more intense.

I had a summer where I did shrooms 3-4 times a week for 3 months. I still had effects a year later.

Same with heavy LSD use. It took years for the effects of some very, very heavy use in the summer of 88'

Some people it is less than others. But anyone who has experienced what you are experiencing more than once. Knows what I am talking about.

Lay off for awhile. :laugh:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCyber
Ash

Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3297713 - 10/30/04 04:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, So these are Flashbacks.

I debated whether they were from the shrooms or the fact that I miss her so much when she is gone.  :inlove:

Quote:

If you contonue to use shrooms as often you can count on them getting more intense.

When you say "more intense" are you talking level 2 or 3 trip intense or just a stronger yearning?

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Cyber]
    #3297780 - 10/30/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My friend is having really bad side effects from taking shrooms, he always sees things shimmering and even floating, i dont think these are flash back becasue all he has to do is look at something long enoguh, such as the road, an it will look like its rippling or something, its like he gets tripped out real easy. It used to happen to me, but it just stopped, but the more he seems to do shrooms the worse it gets, and even if he dont do shrooms for a while it still doesent go away.

I always have a side effect straight after tripping, i dont know if its the come down or wht ever but i always feel like i have no ambition or confidence, i feel dead, i dont wanan do anything, dont wanna watch TV, go out, or go on computer, i just wanna curl up and die, if i was a depressed person it wuda made me slit my wrists by now.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3297946 - 10/30/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:
My friend is having really bad side effects from taking shrooms, he always sees things shimmering and even floating, i dont think these are flash back becasue all he has to do is look at something long enoguh, such as the road, an it will look like its rippling or something, its like he gets tripped out real easy. It used to happen to me, but it just stopped, but the more he seems to do shrooms the worse it gets, and even if he dont do shrooms for a while it still doesent go away.

That happened to me before I ever did mushrooms. In my own experience, I get a lot more of these visual changes if I've been smoking a lot of weed, very frequently.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3298532 - 10/30/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have something wrong with my vision. I see static everywhere. When I'm just sitting around chilling outside, it looks like it's raining or drizzling. When I'm in the dark I see static everwhere instead of pitch black. I hate it. I've never done mushrooms or any psychadelic besides marijuana.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Society]
    #3299717 - 10/31/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

whoa, society i get the exact same thing, i assumed it was years and years of dxm abuse.

now i'm starting to think it has something to do with anxiety. i recently started having severe panic attacks in which the static dominated my entire visual/tactile perception. fucking scarey.

but anyways, take care to notice exactly how you feel when things are not staticy.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3301356 - 10/31/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, the whole static thing has dominated my thoughts for the past few months. I've been trying to come to a conclusion on why I have this and how I could get rid of it. It's almost like I'm burnt out 24/7. I never trully feel 'here' like I used to, and I always sorta of feel sucked out of reality and in a haze of static. I can only come to the conclusion that it has something to do with anxiety. It's like I'm in a permanent anxiety attack. I won't go into much detail because this topic is about mushroom, but I think it's anxiety triggered from marijuana, also a psychadelic. I'm hoping that starting to take my former SSRI Lexapro will help me get the motivation to fight this and live life the way I want.

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:

When you say "tripped out" do you mean like he gets anxious or panicky?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Society]
    #3301675 - 10/31/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think the reason a fair amount of people get this 'static' in their vision, is because of the computer actually. I think monitors fuck with people's eyes. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with drugs.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3301838 - 10/31/04 07:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That may have a truth to it Heavy. The thing about the monitors. I agree and disagree. I represent stoners from before heavy internet use and this exact type of flashbacks were expereinced by me and all my friends.

I do know that any amount of trippy drugs over once a month will lead to the effects discussed in this thread. I think most of us high on's would rather not believe it but, flashback effects are part of the use.

And that's ok......Just have to plan for them.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCyber
Ash

Re: Mushroom Side effects? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3302298 - 10/31/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
flashback effects are part of the use.

And that's ok......Just have to plan for them.

Mushrooms, twice the fun for half the price!

Trip once the night of and trip again with the flash backs!

In all honesty I enjoy the flash backs. It just had me a little freaked out.

Well that and I was having trouble deciding if it was the tripping or the fact that my GF was out of town and I did not get to see her. :inlove:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being