Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDiscipleofGarcia
Traveller on theroad to Zion
Male

Loc: Pepperland
Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid VS. psilocybin/psilocin
    #6767927 - 04/09/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have read and heard about much controversy over mushrooms containing Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid (amanita muscaria) vs. psilocybin/psilocin. I was just wondering if the effects were at all comparable. And what is preferred by everyone. I have heard that they are completely different, but i have also heard the opposite.

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid VS. psilocybin/psilocin [Re: DiscipleofGarcia]
    #6767971 - 04/09/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The effects are very different. I say the only similarities are that both are mushrooms, and both produce an altered state of mind. This is as close as I would describe the similarities. Amantias have there place in mind altering experiences. If you plan to take them to achieve the effects you would off from regular shrooms then forget about them. I had a positive experience with them used the oven method on erowid recommended before taking them. Some others seemed to have had some bad experiences with them. If you have a day where you not going to be required to interact with anyone that dislikes drugs give them a try. Just keep in mind their is the possibility for a bad experience as many have been reported. Also if you picking them yourself you need to be %100 sure on the id. Post em in the hunting form, make sure to dig up the base from the ground because this is a very important feature in identifying amanitas. The genus Amanita has many deadly mushrooms within it and should never be eaten without a positive identification. Muscimol/Ibotenic Acid are considered to be somewhat toxic but this information has been controversial to an extent.

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

InvisibleMontanahunter420
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid VS. psilocybin/psilocin [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #6767982 - 04/09/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

On an additonal note I only find them in fall. I tend to find them underneath pine trees where the neadles have accumlated for years. I also found one var muscaria in a cemetary around oak trees(I believe it was oak trees it was a while ago).

--------------------
All of my posts are purely fictional and for hypothetical purposes.

Offlinefreezepooter
Rainy DayMushroom Pillow
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid VS. psilocybin/psilocin [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #6768062 - 04/09/07 11:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

that covers it nicely jeverden

--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Muscimol+Ibotenic Acid VS. psilocybin/psilocin [Re: freezepooter]
    #6768151 - 04/09/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

they are just not comparable to suprisingly if enough is taken and you know how to you can reach the universal mind

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag