Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
*DELETED*
    #6744151 -

Post deleted by The Crow


--------------------

Edited by The Crow (07/23/09 04:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: The Crow]
    #6745819 -

I think I have a mild case of this... not really bad enough to ever really think to much on it.  But I have seen some really extreme cases.  I think the most important thing you can do is but open about it.  Yeah, its looks strange, but i highly doubt its going to cause any sort of horrible reaction.  I think the key is bring it out and not ignore it.  Talk about it.  Once thats done, you and your partner will be WAY more comfortable with it.  I think its the same with any sort of major 'issue' you have.  I'm not a women.. but I'm sure its not going to be some decision maker if your attitude is right.

You can't change your condition.  I know its a difficult one, but try your best to just work with it.  Good luck!  Heres a great link about it and some workouts that can reduce it.  :smile:

http://www.ctds.info/pectus_excavatum_exercises.html


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: Toddo]
    #6745852 -

You can't live your life being self-conscious, especially about something that is completely out of your control. Be open and confident with the women and they really won't care about petty shit like that. I have a hairy back, I do not want to get caught up in the waxing/shaving bullshit. The women I am with either have to embrace it or not. I don't care. I am proud of my Teen Wolf Trapezoids and let them know it. Some, actually seem to love it. Weird.


--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6749448 -

Use it as a cereal bowl, thats what I suggested to my friend, because of it we called him skeletor. That was in highschool and probably very inmature but he wasn't self concious about it, he even made jokes about it.

The best way to deal with problems about yourself is to laugh at yourself, at least I find it that way. This doesn't work for everyone but when your comfortable enough with yourself to poke fun and laugh, then you are pretty carefree.

Trust me when I say this, living the carefree life is luxureous! All it takes is the right mindset to enjoy it as well!

Life is what you make it, find joy in every little quirk that passes through it.


--------------------
Shrowded in an angelic white veil of darkness
~Frosty Storm~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: The Crow]
    #6749605 -

You think you got it bad my chest pokes outward...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: PinkishFloyd]
    #6751591 -

yea I used to know this dude who had the same thing. his chest was outward like it seemed like his ribs would go the opposite way he would make me touch it haha. kind of strange but hey its nature. and may be shallow girls wont like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: basdathea]
    #6768659 -

My ex had that. I never thought about it. I loved him as much as if he had a 'normal' chest. I was in love with him and everything about him was beautiful, including his chest because it was his.


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: The Crow]
    #7576500 -

The Crow said:
I have a condition called Pectus Excavatus (i think thats how you spell it), more commonly known as a concave chest. It has to do with my bone structure, so there is no simple short term solution.
What I am currently wondering, and have wondered since my early teenage years, is what women truly think of it(dont care, gross, unappealing, etc.). I've never been told of a woman's opinion of it, though it is definetly noticeable. I've never had the nerve to bring it up with any of my past girlfriends, either. Comments appreciated!




I just came across this post.

I've got this also. I twas never really noticable as a kid until I got older. I was really depressed and dorky in high school and this REALLY didn't help. Shit I never even had sex till I was 21. There was as time when I was 18 where I blamed it on my chest.

But for real.. its all about confidence. I'm the happiest, most laid back confident person nowadays.

I've had plenty of g/f's since then. All it takes is just to ignore the chest thing and most chicks won't really give a crap.

It's kinda funny.. the chest thing isn't really bad on me but it's definately noticable.  But it doesn't really bother me at all anymore. I'm 6'0" and fluctuate between 170-180lb so I'm not a small guy, but it does make me look a bit skinny with a shirt on I guess. The only time I've ever really thought about it in the past was when I played soccer with my old corwers (mostly german and hispanics) at this international company. We did a shirts vs skins game one day and I actually hesitated for a second... but  the more I realized that there were plenty of fat people playing too... I figured shit... everyone's got just as much of an inperfection..

I feel where you're coming from man. It played a big part of who I was as a teenerager... I'm 28 now.. couldn't really give a shit less about it. The last three g/f's I've had actually found it a nice place to stick their head when we laid on the couch :wink:

I'm also not sure about the stats on this but I hear it's way more common that people think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: BrAiN]
    #7576518 -

The Crow committed suicide; no need to make any more responses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: JunkFood]
    #7576526 -

FUCK! I'm sorry... god damnit man....

well... maybe this post might help someone out in the future.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Concave chest [Re: JunkFood]
    #7582244 -

JunkFood said:
The Crow committed suicide; no need to make any more responses.



I honestly can't tell if you're kidding or not. Some poster did kill themselves earlier this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* best workout that isolates the chest
( 1 2 all )
LuSiD9 1,466 24 10/30/11 10:39 PM
by LuSiD9
* Chest Pain; Anonymous 866 4 11/23/10 10:30 PM
by mushhead91
* Fatigue/left side chest pain - normal? Anonymous 4,810 11 09/14/11 05:38 AM
by GoodAtIt
* The Solution To Mild to Moderate Chronic Chest Pain canadadreaming 1,060 9 06/04/09 04:26 PM
by Society
* Chest/heart pain
( 1 2 all )
zenstylee 3,762 25 08/28/11 11:05 AM
by ZippoZ
* The right side of my chest/back is hurting so much Best In The World 3,391 11 07/15/12 07:01 PM
by Best In The World
* bad chest pain... aDoS 735 4 11/12/08 08:25 PM
by ShroomieGirl
* Chest pain, shortness of breath Anonymous 872 3 12/06/09 08:06 PM
by benitoamanito

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
5,454 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.