Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Chest/heart pain
    #14932241 -

Recently Ive been getting chest pains in my left side. Its not the first time this happens. Ive had them before, but not as often ass this month. It feels like a sharp pain right in my heart, almost as if something is pushing on it. I recently broke up with the woman I've been with since i was a teen. We lived together and everything. Last night I had a vivid and intense dream where i wanted to go back to her, but she didn't. She chose to go with someone else instead. I was remembering all the times we were together since i was a 14. I woke up to the pain in my chest. This is the first time it has happened while I am asleep. Maybe this is due to stress, but I'm not too sure what it could be. It feels like it happens when I breath. If I hold my breath the pain diminishes, If i take a deep breath It increases. Anyone ever have this? I consider myself to be in good health. I workout & jog almost every day.


--------------------
Dont be a douche, rate me!

Edited by zenstylee (08/16/11 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: zenstylee]
    #14932372 -

I had chest pains similar to yours for a couple of years... Sometimes it would be so bad and all day that I thought I was going to just fall over dead. I went to many doctors and they couldn't really tell me anything except that my heart was normal other than a non-fatal arrhythmia that was nothing to worry about. The most recent doctor, after a ton of tests, said that he thinks it is panic attacks brought on by a lot of stress; judging by your situation, it could very well be the same thing. I quit all drugs, started working out and eating healthy and the pain subsided. The best advice I can give you though is to see a cardiologist. Best of luck to you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: terric]
    #14932390 -

Thanx for the reply. I am planning to go see the doc. I do get anxiety attacks sometimes. I used to be prescribed Xanax but i don't like taking them.


--------------------
Dont be a douche, rate me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: terric]
    #14932427 -

I have had that too. Nothing was wrong with the heart. Proper diet and regular exercise/weight lifting helped along with stress reduction.

Posture helps. Sleep with your back straight and sit up strait. Don't lean over to look at a computer screen. I had a few chiropractic visits that helped with pinched nerves in my back and neck that helped more than several thousand in doctor bills with the chest/heart pain.

Also, sleeping in an odd position can cause a rib to be out of place, and it will hurt my back, right behind my heart, seeming like chest pain.

If you go to the doc about chest pain, expect them to insist on a lot of tests. Also, consider your age, lifestyle, and family history before being reamed by a doctor.

Good luck.


--------------------
I'm The Douche, Doucher, His Royal Doucheness, or El Doucherino if you are not into that whole brevity thing.

Trade List : Wanted/have edible cultures, ethobotanicals, cool plants, cacti.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: El Douche]
    #14932455 -

well Im 22, Consider myself to be very healthy, I work out every day, jog 3 miles, & am somewhat strict of what I eat. Greasy foods disgust me, I do however have a burger from the king every now & then. I'm lean and kinda buff. I guess it is the stress then.


--------------------
Dont be a douche, rate me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: zenstylee]
    #14935092 -

Same thing here, pain/discomfort in left side of my chest. I just recently have gotten a bone/rib scan, a cat scan, a few months ago an ekg, nothing has shown....  I might ask my doctor tommorrow if i can get checked if my heart rythym is normal, if not that then who knows. Maybe stress diet has to do with it.  I want to get the rythym checked out tho, when i feel my pulse it seems mostly normal i think.  I've also been taking magnesium the past two weeks, seems to help a bit.  :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: skatealex2]
    #14935443 -

An EKG will show any problems with heart rhythm, even slight abnormalities that could not be heard traditionally.

Avoiding caffeine and stimulants, and getting plenty of quality sleep also help.


--------------------
I'm The Douche, Doucher, His Royal Doucheness, or El Doucherino if you are not into that whole brevity thing.

Trade List : Wanted/have edible cultures, ethobotanicals, cool plants, cacti.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: El Douche]
    #14940487 -

Sounds like heartburn.  Maybe try an acid-blocker next time it happens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #14952008 -

I had chest pains for a while, went for an ekg and it showed no issues, at leas nothing that should have caused pain... Definitely go for that test (you may need to wear a heart monitor around for a few days) but what I ended up finding out my issue was was simply emotional problems...

I don't really want to elaborate especially if you have no interest in forms of medicine other than western, but I have done some brief study on Ayurvedic medicine and the way your mind communicates issues it has with your actions through the body.

Anyways I certainly hope it isn't anything too serious !


--------------------
The future is an untold circumstance like the next page in a book. And skipping ahead would throw off the entire flow of its existence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: TRyTOfind]
    #14953097 -

Any chest pain at all is a serious symptom that should be investigated by a doctor ASAP. (That's what the doc told me).

I would get it checked out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: Tien]
    #14954274 -

Tien said:
Any chest pain at all is a serious symptom that should be investigated by a doctor ASAP. (That's what the doc told me).

I would get it checked out.



As a general rule, this should be your guideline. 

From a non-in-depth medical standpoint pain on the left side of the chest (any referred pain down the arm?) especially described as "crushing" or putting pressure on the heart indicates hypoxia in the myocardium.  There might be blockage on some of the coronary arteries maybe?  An arrhythmia might affect blood flow to the muscle tissue, too.  Do you know what kind of arrhythmia you have? 

On the other hand chest pain such as Angina Pectoris is generally non-fatal (but still caused by inadequate perfusion in the heart) and still generally painful.  Does the pain radiate anywhere, or does it go away when leaning forward/sitting down/resting?  If it persists for more than 30 minutes go see a doctor ASAP.  Have you been prescribed transdermal nitroglycerin?  You should use it.  And maybe look into a blood-thinner/anti-coagulant.  A baby aspirin a day might prevent an AMI/heart attack. 


Edited by Anonymous (07/05/17 11:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14954305 -

Are aspirin and Motrin basically the same thing, anyone know?

Personally I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow and see what's up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: skatealex2]
    #14954504 -

skatealex2 said:
Are aspirin and Motrin basically the same thing, anyone know?

Personally I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow and see what's up.



No.  Motrin is a trade-name for ibuprofen.  Aspirin is acetylsalicyclic acid (derived from willow bark I think?).  They are both NSAID's...that's about all they are "same-wise."  Aspirin I KNOW helps make the blood's clotting factor (platelet's) less sticky in the case of an AMI or CVA/TIA.  IDK about ibuprofen. 

Good luck.

Edited by Anonymous (07/05/17 11:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14971367 -

well I havnt been getting the pain anymore. It just happens for like one or two days, and maybe once or twice in those days. Its not a chronic pain, just a brief sharp pain when i breath in. If i hold my breath the pain stops, if I breath in harder the pain increases. I haven't had pain since the last time.


--------------------
Dont be a douche, rate me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: zenstylee]
    #14972395 -

Do you smoke, or did you smoke in the past?


--------------------
The future is an untold circumstance like the next page in a book. And skipping ahead would throw off the entire flow of its existence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: TRyTOfind]
    #14972635 -

Doctor dude, you need to see one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14973456 -

Well i dont smoke anymore, but i used to smoke every day sinc i was 13 to about 19, im 22 now


--------------------
Dont be a douche, rate me!

Edited by zenstylee (08/24/11 09:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: zenstylee]
    #14974766 -

zenstylee said:
well I havnt been getting the pain anymore. It just happens for like one or two days, and maybe once or twice in those days. Its not a chronic pain, just a brief sharp pain when i breath in. If i hold my breath the pain stops, if I breath in harder the pain increases. I haven't had pain since the last time.



I think I know what you're talking about.  I've heard that it is a muscle fiber caught between the ribs or something.

Sometimes when I get that type of pain it will help to take a deep breath in while stretching my arms above my head.  Makes it hurt a bit worse for a sec but then it'll 'pop' and suddenly be gone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #14976251 -

Sounds like a pneumothorax, bro

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Chest/heart pain [Re: AndyRawrs]
    #14979784 -

AndyRawrs said:
Sounds like a pneumothorax, bro



-.- I don't believe so.

It could just be your lungs still feeling smoking, I had a pain similar to the one you described popping up here and there for a while starting a few years after I quit smoking. I went and got an ekg and wore a heart monitor around for a few days only to find out my heart was fine. I could very well be from the healing process after quitting (I hear it take a few years to start to make real progress) or you could have something completely different from what happened to me.


--------------------
The future is an untold circumstance like the next page in a book. And skipping ahead would throw off the entire flow of its existence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* shooting heart pains , very painfull. What is it?
( 1 2 all )
DistortedEyes 4,024 21 01/30/06 08:04 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* heart pains? FurrySheep 4,458 18 01/01/06 02:33 AM
by Pirate_Patrick
* Heart pain after tripping.. did anyone ever felt like this? basdathea 1,157 1 11/21/05 04:23 PM
by johnson657
* Help.. im suffering...in pain...
( 1 2 all )
FurrySheep 5,477 38 03/18/07 03:08 PM
by Neon
* The Broken Heart Rambel 1,097 8 01/23/06 06:48 PM
by Rambel
* light, fluttery feeling in my chest soma_victim 26,958 19 09/10/05 09:44 PM
by trendal
* Few questions about heart freddurgan 936 8 06/06/05 09:37 PM
by HagbardCeline
* I just had some pain ... Noetical 1,161 12 08/06/05 03:21 PM
by Spooge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
3,762 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 19 queries.