Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: **2nd Shroomery Composition Contest Finished tracks. Please Vote! ** [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6713596 -

mikeyyork said:
I missed the vote this time round, but i'll listen to them all now...

I'm a terrible guitarist lol but i might try and contribute in the next one,, :smile:..

My recording equipment sucks though,, :undecided:.



my song was recorded using two pairs of headphones and microsoft wav recorder.

one headphone out of my keyboard, and another into the microphone input on my PC.

straight up macGyver'd that shit.

good quality for that, even though there is some hiss and buzzing going on.

remember kids! most transducers work both ways!

you can also use a speaker as a microphone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2nd Shroomery Composition Contest Finished tracks. Please Vote! ** [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6713605 -

mikeyyork said:
I missed the vote this time round, but i'll listen to them all now...

I'm a terrible guitarist lol but i might try and contribute in the next one,, :smile:..

My recording equipment sucks though,, :undecided:.



I record playing through a 10w crate bass amp and let a cheap webcam/mic pick the sound up.  What makes it a lot less crappy is the things I do with Cool Edit.  I clean up as much unwanted noise as I can with my limited knowledge of the program.  I rarely use it for effects(when I do, it's usually chorus or some delay).

Before I started using cool edit, I was recording the same way through the mic, but using windows recorder.

Throw something in man, no matter what :thumbup: :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2nd Shroomery Composition Contest Finished tracks. Please Vote! ** [Re: Spooge]
    #6713711 -

lol,,, I'm using the same basic ideas.. I plug my headphones into the amp then i have a headset with a boom mic which i stick in between the headphones.. Then i plug the mic into the laptop...

Works ok but most of my equipment is cheap aswell though so that doesn't help much either...

I'll look into this cool edit,, thanks alot,, :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2nd Shroomery Composition Contest Finished tracks. Please Vote! ** [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6716396 -

Can a MOD please take this down. Thank you.


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Shpongle Track! Beija Flor
( 1 2 3 all )
Strumpling 8,555 58 03/23/04 10:03 AM
by Asco
* What are your favorite Shpongle tracks?
( 1 2 all )
Noviseer 2,929 23 07/26/03 03:35 PM
by Noviseer
* My Craptastic Cubase Composition Strumpling 897 8 01/28/03 02:29 PM
by Smack31
* An Incredible Book I Just Finished Remy 990 3 11/11/02 12:29 AM
by Remy
* Shroomery bands CD compilation mr_kite 848 2 10/06/03 04:22 AM
by mr_kite
* Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
fireworks_godS 14,975 81 06/18/10 11:04 PM
by JT
* New track: Dreams are here (Available now!) Fliquid 925 11 02/13/03 09:26 PM
by Fliquid
* I am going to share two of my tracks with you. lightset 766 4 02/12/04 03:25 PM
by question_for_joo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,007 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.