Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Veritas]
    #6687560 -

What's wrong with going to the gym?

I admit that it's an esoteric sport, but it's not kind to stereotype on the Shroomery. I've explored just as many depths of my soul in the gym as I have on mushrooms or while enjoying other psychedelics. It's as much an art as anything you'd see in the museum.


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: browndustin]
    #6687602 -

I have no problem with people going to the gym--I used to workout at the gym, myself.  I currently prefer to exercise outdoors and at home, but I think that gym workouts have their place in an overall healthy lifestyle.

The problem is when people spend all day, every day sitting on their asses in front of a TV, driving a car (including circling the gym parking lot to get a space close to the front door :rolleyes:), sitting at a desk, etc... and think that their hour-long heavy weight training session is enough to maintain their physical health.

It is the imbalance I was addressing, not the practice of working out at the gym.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Veritas]
    #6687805 -

Yeah, the gym for the only source of excersize gets boring quick. Gotta get outdoors and bike and hike sometimes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #6687825 -

I like to do all kinds of exercise and constantly try to stay active. But as for the mik goes, I am scared to drink it now, cow's milk that is. So now I am considering soy milk, because goat milk is not readily availabe to me,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #6687874 -

Go for it. My favorite milk is coconut milk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #6687877 -

You really don't need any sort of milk at all.

Soy milk is highly processed, and often contains added sweeteners. (Just what we need, more sugar!)

The benefits of soy are more readily (and healthfully) available in edamame, sprouted soybeans, or fresh tofu.

For further reference, I highly recommend reading "The pH Miracle."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Veritas]
    #6688690 -

Soy is also the most genetically modified crop on the planet and there's significant evidence to suggest that certain compounds in soy have an estrogenic effect in the body.

I don't think soy is bad if you stick to fermented soy products in moderation. Companies are trying to sell Soy like it's the ultimate food or something. I wouldn't touch soy milk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Viveka]
    #6690025 -

I never heard this about soy... This sucks, Ive always been mixing in some chocolate soy milk into my shakes cause I thought it was a good health boost. :confused:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Viveka]
    #6691098 -

Yes, the studies on the health benefits of soy did not take into account the "more is better" factor that seems to occur whenever the latest magic bullet is revealed.

Moderate amounts of unprocessed (i.e. edamame, sprouted soy beans) or recently-processed (fresh tofu) soy seem to be OK, but overdoing it on all the meat-substitutes and milk-substitutes is not recommended.

The GMO deal is a real problem. Many crops are genetically modified, and it can be difficult in many areas to purchase non-GMO products. Our local co-op has been seeking out and choosing to purchase from distributors of non-GMO products, and this seems to be the only way that the profit margin for these unnatural foods will ever be effected.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Veritas]
    #6692041 -

I know now. I am sticking with good ole' water. I digged up an old thread about soy vs. dairy and as it turns out they are both bad. I now realize that processed dairy is gross and natural soy is OK. But thanks for the input.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Veritas]
    #6692865 -

Whew. That's cool then! :laugh:


--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: eligal]
    #6701716 -

Yeah dude, check it out. Just google "soy" and you'll see that the majority of hits either contain serious criticism of soy or some sort of speculation about its often touted health benefits. You gotta wonder, if soy is such a wonderful, beneficial food, why is it creeping into everything these days without even so much as a mention anywhere on the label other than the ingredient list. Why do most cans of tuna now say "contains soy" on the ingredients list. Why does spaghetti sauce now have soybean oil in it, when five years ago it was always olive oil. The most paranoid part of me sees it as a waste disposal campaign. I'm sure you've heard of Soy Isoflavones and how they're supposedly so beneficial for your health. Isoflavones are also known as phytoestrogens, they act similarly to estrogen in the body. I sure as shit don't want to be eating anything that is in some ways practically the equivalent of taking supplemental estrogen. Call me paranoid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Viveka]
    #6702258 -

"So fuck, if dairy and soy are out, what the heck is left?"

Almond Milk
Oat Milk
Hazelnut Milk
Rice Milk
Coconut Milk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #6702298 -

I cannot eat any diary product, I only get diarrhea if I do..

Coincidence?

Eating diar·y, gives me diar·rhea, ...

:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: Gomp]
    #6702516 -

Gomp said:
I cannot eat any diary product, I only get diarrhea if I do..

Coincidence?

Eating diar·y, gives me diar·rhea, ...

:strokebeard:



lactose and/or lactase


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6707142 -

MushmanTheManic said:
If you wanna bulk up, dairy is essential. The proteins and enzymes in dairy slows the conversion of glucose to blood sugar, which can reduce the risk of developing insulin resistance.



lol... come on, this is not factual. Dairy is not essential for any human being. It's a comfort food. Plenty of people have been living without dairy for generations.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's up with dairy? [Re: demiu5]
    #6708794 -

demius said:
Gomp said:
I cannot eat any diary product, I only get diarrhea if I do..

Coincidence?

Eating diar·y, gives me diar·rhea, ...

:strokebeard:



lactose and/or lactase




No, but thank you for guessing...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* top 10 things the food industry won't tell you
( 1 2 3 all )
vampirism 4,645 41 08/31/06 12:05 PM
by Shroomism
* milk hailtothethief 875 4 04/29/07 09:15 AM
by kotik
* soy milk vs cow milk?
( 1 2 all )
kotik 2,519 23 04/04/06 04:28 AM
by mikeownow
* Pharmaceutical Industry *VOTE*
( 1 2 all )
Cosm 3,271 22 01/15/05 06:24 PM
by enotake2
* Triphala, Milk Thistle, Cranberry Extract - cleansing regiment Jdawg2013 2,865 1 08/07/05 12:13 PM
by Galvie_Flu
* GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? HagbardCeline 1,990 13 06/15/05 03:37 PM
by Arp
* a cure for most any disease
( 1 2 all )
sleepy 1,655 27 06/07/06 11:47 PM
by mikeownow
* The Paleolithic Diet - eat like our ancestors did
( 1 2 all )
redtailedhawk 3,885 21 12/10/05 11:18 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,881 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.