Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you?
    #4265746 - 06/06/05 11:47 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've been reading about GHB and it's apparent ability to greatly aid in the production of the bodies own natural growth hormone. I'd heard that before so decided to look in on it and was surprised to learn just how safe GHB really is. It seems to have almost NO toxicity and only when mixing it with other depressants do problems occur. In the literature I've read, there really seems to be no reason not to take this before bed, and plenty of reasons to do it. Thoughts?

Just wondering though if anyone knows how much of an effect this would have on the bodies ability to hypertrophy and if a nightly regimen would be safe.

Could mixing it with anything like 6-OXO (prevents the bodies ability to convert testoterone to estrogen), Tribulus Terrestris, DHEA, etc produce worthwhile gains in lean muscle? Any potential interactions there?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #4265829 - 06/07/05 12:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I've never heard that about GHB before. You should take some of that with a grain of salt, though. I'm not preaching to you or anything, just advising you to be careful when messing with that stuff....

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4269779 - 06/07/05 11:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Go here and post your question.

Invisiblepurpledropper
ishdunkenflunked
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: Druginduced]
    #4269934 - 06/08/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

its addictive

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky."

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: purpledropper]
    #4270112 - 06/08/05 01:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Are you incredibly massive as it is? Are you past your 20's? Have you reached plateaus in all your lifts and cannot gain size with any change in diet or lifting programs?

If not, don't even think about it. Get your lifting right. Get your nutrition right and lift hard. I'm guessing your young, and your testosterone is surging...USE IT.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: looner2]
    #4270129 - 06/08/05 01:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you're talking to Celine, I'm pretty sure she's female.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4270352 - 06/08/05 02:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I looked into this myself and it is true that GHB does in fact increase growth hormone levels. It is also true that it is very safe until you begin mixing it with other medications or alcohol. When you hear about people "dying" from GHB, they actually died from alcohol poisoning. The process by which your body breaks down GHB is the same as that for alcohol. So when you mix the two, your body is unable to break down the alcohol, resulting in an unsafe blood alcohol level.

They used to sell GHB over the counter at GNC and other health food stores. Many people do not realize that it is actually a chemical that occurs naturally in the human body. I don't think that it should be illegal but I feel that way about many substances. There is some speculation that drug companies pushed for the ban of GHB because it is so cheap and it is a very effective sleep aid. They make a lot of money off of people's insomnia. They made GHB out to be an evil "date rape drug" but the truth is that there are still many prescription medications out there that could be used in the same way.

If I could get it, I would probably use it regularly. I am a workout fanatic, but my intention for using it would be as a sleep aid and not a GH booster. As the other person mentioned, you shouldn't need any boost in hormones unless you are into your thirties. Add calories to your diet and break them down into 5-6 meals per day instead of the common 3. Protein, creatine, and a good multi-vitamin are the only supplements I find to be worth the money.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: looner2]
    #4270803 - 06/08/05 07:40 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Actually I just turned 29 Monday.  I do follow a strict diet, workout 6 days a week, and regularly use supplements.  I've made gains and continue to do so, just looking for something extra.

All my friends are juiced to the gills and have used real growth hormone several times.  I'm in pretty good shape but I'm tired of looking like the skinny kid when I'm around them. I even bought a kit of Somatropin once and then decided against it's use. Now I don't want to use steroids at this point - yet - and really have NO desire to be as big as they are.  They're freaking MASSIVE. 

And if you go to Erwoid and read about GHB, it is incredibly safe.  It occurs naturally in every single cell in your body.  It has no toxicity and the LD50 for it was some rediculously high number. 

But with the potential benefits of the extra growth hormone and its ability as a sleep aid I'm having a hard time trying to find any reasons not to take it.  It allows you to go more quickly into REM and stay there longer.  I read some anecdotal reports of people claiming the amount of sleep needed was significantly reduced.

I'm not just trying to be beligerent and counter everything you said, I really appreciate your commments in fact.  But does anyone know if the extra growth hormone this is purported to produce will effectively produce gains? 

I'm gonna try that link that Rydawg posted and I'll report back with whatever I find.

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
If you're talking to Celine, I'm pretty sure she's female.

You trying to be funny JACKASS!?!??!?  :grin:
Seriously whatever gave you that idea?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4270931 - 06/08/05 09:50 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you want to see 30 you'll stay away from GHB.

Erowids files on this one are wrong.
GHB is highly addictive if your using it regularily.
You said it has a low LD50??? Bullshit!!!
You cand eat your own body weight in Pot or Shrooms and it wont kill you.
With GHB....

3 - 5 ml(g) is a stardard dose.
10 - 15 ml(g) and your unconsious
20 - 30 ml(g) and chances are you'll suffer respiratory failure, a heart attach or you will just choke to death on your own vomit!

Oh.. and by the way, if you are a heavy regular user, your in for some more fun.
GHB is present in your body and cells at minute levels.. that is true. Your body produces it to regulate your own dopamine levels. When you take GHB it prevents your brain from releasing dopamine, but it is still being created. After 4hrs when the GHB wears off you get a big rush of dopamine released into your sytem. This is ok on a once in a while basis... but regular users can go 24 or 48hrs with dopamine being created but not released... and when the GHB wears off and ALL that dopamine is released... it makes Heroin withdrawls look like a bad case of the sniffles!

And yes... I do know FIRST HAND!

Stay away from it!

Shdwstr

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4274922 - 06/09/05 07:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I make that true with GBL. GHB is somewhat milder in comparison.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: chrispc]
    #4275061 - 06/09/05 09:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

GBL is the precusor of GHB. GBL is a Solvent!
That fact that the acid in your stomache will convert a small portion of it to GHB only makes it that much more toxic to your system.
Kinda like saying... "Lets go drink a gallon of Gasoline and get High"
.... and the biggest problem is... when you are doing it, you will not see the problem till it is much too late.
GBL and GHB is SNEEKY and DEADLY!!!
Do yourself a favour
Stay the fuck away from it.

OK ... I'm done preaching now.
Your on your own... Good luck!

Shdwstr

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4275153 - 06/09/05 10:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

GBL is a Solvent!

And Pepsi contains Phosporic Acid which can eat through nails. What's your point?

There have been many people who have used GHB extensively, myself included with little to no detrimental effects. Perhaps you had a bad experience with it but that does not mean everyone will.

The LD50 is around 2,000mg/kg in male rats. That means a human would have to take well over 100g to reach the LD50. No one in their right mind would take anywhere near that much and the recreational amount is much lower.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: cb9fl]
    #4276591 - 06/09/05 05:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

yes, ive drank alot of GHB and GBL and 1'4 isobutinol - and have had nothing but severe G holes.

A few times i even chased my Cap full (overdose as it is) with the bottle of G accidently, and fell down some stairs when i woke up, and walked around naked.

After a few too many incidents i decided it was a dirty unneccesary high and gave my bottle away. I do find it habit forming - but not dangerous if you are informed.

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: GHB and growth hormone production. Good for you? [Re: headset]
    #4300066 - 06/15/05 05:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I once got some GBL on my keyboard and they keys started to melt! X-O

Creepy stuff, if your made out of plastic atleast :crazy:

GHB :heart: But staying away from it aswell

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being