Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
i think im an alcoholic
    #3246331 - 10/12/04 06:41 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Not sure if it bothers me cuz of what it is, or because it has such a negative social connotation.

But anyways, i find myself gettin pretty much smashed every night...not necessarily out of depression, but out of boredom (and since i listed depression, on second glance, i know some of it is that -- first thoughts are often the truest, haha)

kinda fucked.

What do you guys think about alcoholism?

"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Edited by Kremlin (10/12/04 06:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: i think im an alcoholic [Re: Kremlin]
    #3246355 - 10/12/04 07:06 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

you don't need that shit, but you have to be the one to see it. i used to drink to get by now i don't like it. i preffered weed for a long time then i tried mushrooms..... after experiencing what i did with those my interest in drink faded.

work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: i think im an alcoholic [Re: Kremlin]
    #3246661 - 10/12/04 11:07 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

A good friend did the same thing, bot more of a habit because of the friends culture where he lives.
I strongly advised him to stop immediately.

Think about it: if you get drunk every day you ARE an alcoholic. And so you ARE addicted to alcohol. the longer you keep doing this the harder it's going to be to quit drinking.

Drinking that much alcohol is very bad for your liver, if you have been doing this for a while you could have liver damage already. you may not notice a thing now but that can come when you're older.
Second it's bad for your brain. You do everything with your brain, it's extremely important!!! I bet you don't want that you wont't function as good as you do now after a few years don't you?
It's also bad for your body to drink much alcohol everyday (muscles get weaker permanently etc).

you'll regret it later if you don't cut this 'habit'. better safe than sorry right :wink:

now it's time to think about the future. I'm glad you realized it yourself; most people don't even know they're addicted/an alcoholic. good self perception :thumbup:

ps boredom sucks, I know. You need to find yourself some new activities/sports/hobbies you can put your time in. in stead of hitting that bottle :crazy2:

click for my music                  First release!   
        smooth chillout dub        Tales of the Green Dragon EP
prog psy and livesets                                       

older music: ambient and psydub

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being