Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
heart murmur
    #6621859 -

today i got a physical for my spring sport, soccer. and they said i have i have a heart murmur. tomorrow I am to go get an ultra sound to really check things out and give me a proper diagnosis.

the kiker is i have been smoking weed lately, I even smoked five hours before going to the hospital for the phyisical.

should i mention this to my doc?

who else has a murmur and does it interfer with your life, and using psychedelics?

thank you


--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6621931 -

a murmur can mean anything,
it can mean you have something as minor as a tiny bit of access muscle tissue in your left ventricle, all the way up to a hole in your septum or a narrowed pulmonary artery, or both... or all three, in which case you would also have juxtoposition of the aorta. this condition is called tetralogy of fallot. a birth defect. but you probably wouldnt have lived this long withought surgery.

my daughter has it. i know alot about the heart.

she had major open heart surgery nearly two years ago.
spending that much time in a hospital, hearing people whisper about how your in the "death wing"
and seeing little bald heads poking out of well-made beds in quiet rooms awaiting removal.

not a highlight of my life

I have a murr murr too. no particular reason.
my wife has an irregular heartbeat.
not yet a problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6621945 -

I have a click murmur, in which my heart often has an extra/off beat on the outflow (I think)

I'm at very little risk of something serious ever happening, but there is always the possibility of blood flowing back into my heart

Really, unless they find something serious, your cannabis use shouldn't cause a problem, but it definitely couldn't hurt to tell him, even though he/she may not approve and may lecture you about it


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6625881 -

Good luck with that brother, I hope for the best.

What are your experiences with a heart murmur like?

I experience chest pains off & on, and I'm not sure what they are...I'm hoping nothing, and haven't gotten it checked yet, but I know that I probably should.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6627152 -

I was born with a mumur. They said it was benign, and it never has caused me any trouble. I go get it checked every 5 years or so, just to be safe.

It's probably something small. It would have to be for you to go so long without anyone noticing.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: trendal]
    #6650646 -

I'm hoping its benign. I really have no symptoms. I talk with the cardiologist next week to get the news.


--------------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6651127 -

if you've been living a normal healthy active life with this condition you're probably alright.


murmur's can either mean sometimes slight, severe, or usually, nothing at all.


If you were to have had any major condition leading to murmurs (i.e. hypertension, valvular prolapse) you would have felt symptoms a long time ago.

Sometimes murmur's are heard just because your ventricles aren't completely synchronized.

Which is seen commonly in smokers.


--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #6651950 -

i've had one my whole life with no problems, but if you go to get any type of surgery done make sure you have the paperwork on it or it can be quite a hassle. it's a good idea to check up on it every so often.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: heart murmur [Re: freezepooter]
    #6707370 -

I have a 'heart murmur' due to mitral valve prolapse. It didn't become symptomatic til two summers ago when it felt like a panic attack, physically, without the psychological panic.
I take Toprol XL to keep my blood pressure normal, and Benicar HCT for the tachicardia.
I do not smoke cannabis, only 2-3 hits of occasional Passion Flower for anxiety/depression.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* mdma and me (heart murmur) king_cobra 5,636 6 11/30/05 12:32 PM
by Seuss
* So I relapsed (meth & heart-related problems) Crystal G 2,272 11 11/14/07 01:22 PM
by Krishna
* Heart Palps: A Lifetime of Hell
( 1 2 all )
FungusMan 4,386 21 03/08/11 11:44 AM
by MisterMuscaria
* bad heart? Intheneed 1,631 3 03/19/03 12:32 PM
by billy cuts
* stupid bad heart Intheneed 2,279 8 06/23/03 02:09 PM
by Anonymous
* Heart problems? LordSenate 913 3 06/07/07 05:43 PM
by trendal
* Can anyone else feel their heart beat through their whole body and skin? freddurgan 15,297 9 04/26/05 01:21 PM
by Jellric
* Paths of Heart/Coming out of the Psychedelic Closet
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 8,893 41 02/22/10 09:21 AM
by Cloud9

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,361 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.