Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

anxiety... considering taking benzos
    #6557203 - 02/12/07 07:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

is taking benzos for a long period of time bad? besides addiction. i have a gut feeling once i start taking benzos i'll have to be taking them for life... anyone in the same boat or anyone taking benzos?

Edited by MrBuzin (02/12/07 07:14 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: MrBuzin]
    #6557205 - 02/12/07 07:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

reccently recovered from benzo addiction.. its a bad idea to use medication for depression/ anxiety. IMO.. ive had experience with numerous ones.. and dont underestimate the addiction and dependence they will create..its a bitch.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: Banez]
    #6557208 - 02/12/07 07:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
reccently recovered from benzo addiction.. its a bad idea to use medication for depression/ anxiety. IMO.. ive had experience with numerous ones.. and dont underestimate the addiction and dependence they will create..its a bitch.

yeah man.. i dunno though i cant seem to work shit out in my head i think i got some screws loose

what are side effects of benzos?

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6557215 - 02/12/07 07:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whew.. idk where to start.. you mean of just taking them as prescribed or trying to quit, the withdrawl symtoms?

if your just taking them as prescribed it will probably help balance the chemicals in your brain as well as help you sleep.. only negative is that you have to take them at about the same time each day/ night and it will make you sleep.. so you cant take them and then expect to sleep for 4-6 hours.. that will fuck you

the withdrawl sucks dick.. plain and simple.. you wont sleep for 3 days, you'll have RLS (restless leg syndrome), headaches, fatigue.. it just sucks

IMO its not worth getting hooked on them.. in the longrun they will just fuck you over.. and a pill isnt going to solve your problems.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #6557251 - 02/12/07 08:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I pretty much say the same thing in response to every benzo thread...

If you need them, take them. Use them as a last resort. Fix what problems you can with cognitive behavioral therapy and other medications before considering benzodiazepines. If you're one of the rare people (.01%) who have paradoxical reactions to norepinephrine and seratonin drugs, taking them might be your only option.

I'm on the life plan.. :sad:

--------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: Banez]
    #6557258 - 02/12/07 08:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Also you can't drink (much) alcohol anymore, right? I've read they don't mix well.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery
Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6557268 - 02/12/07 08:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the answer to anxiety comes from within my son

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: Leanin]
    #6558021 - 02/12/07 02:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All problems have solutions. Everyone has a problem set in front of them, everyone has something to overcome - otherwise people wouldn't grow. When I look at society as a whole, I see people (including myself) with problems that they are attempting to adapt to rather than fix. It is like the lion trying to live with the thorn in its paw instead of taking it out. Maybe you need a mouse.

If your anxiety is stemming from thoughts concerning yourself, change your thought patterns towards someone other than yourself. Volunteer work would probably be a good thing to try. If that doesn't work, try something else. Anxiety can be beaten, but you'll only get out what you put in. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #6559786 - 02/12/07 08:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Benzo's are a really nasty substance and easy to get addicted too. Better to meditate, take up yoga and find a spiritual path that will deal with the root causes of your anxiety.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6559876 - 02/12/07 09:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Search for alternative routes, Benzos are only usefull if you use them in the wake of bad anxiety, keeping yourself doped up on them all day leads to addiction.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: barfightlard]
    #6562065 - 02/13/07 10:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How about a big dose of excercise and green veg?

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: mr_kite]
    #6562799 - 02/13/07 02:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Try out a combo of a high-quality multivitamin and L-tryptophan and/or GABA. That should do the trick.

Also CB therapy is very effective in dealing with anxiety/panic. Try it out and see if it helps.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Offlinenamaste
Mayor of ODD
 User Gallery

Loc: Mom's Kitchen
    #6567486 - 02/14/07 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: namaste]
    #6569939 - 02/15/07 09:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the post guys.

i'm dealing with intense derealization/depersonalization disorders. for me depersonalization/derealization is an intense complex thing and hard to describe. as fellow shroomers i'm sure many of you have experienced these type of things. some of you don't seem affected by it though, but it fills me with anxiety and to a point.. terror. but i've always had anxiety even before i ate mushrooms.. so.. i dunno waht to think. also extremely tense muscles... basically to many mushrooms.. but it wasn't the mushrooms fault.

i have a hard time meditating, when i sit there and close my eyes i start to feel insane and get weird sensations, so... i dont think this will work

what is cb therapy.... it's been awhile since i've been to any therapy... i seem to have a hard time with therapy i can't get what i want to say out esepcially in person

Edited by MrBuzin (02/15/07 05:59 PM)

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

#6570001 - 02/15/07 10:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

how does tolerance for benzos work? will it get to a point where my certain mg dosage i take doesn't even work anymore and i have to keep uping the dosage, or does it not work like that. also what is a good benzo, i'm feeling xanax but i dunno

Edited by MrBuzin (02/15/07 11:25 AM)

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #6570465 - 02/15/07 01:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Derealization/depersonalization disorders combined with anxiety can be a bitch, but you can get through them my friend. It usually takes a while but it can be done. I've been plagued with the same issues for months at the time, but I've gotten myself together and so did numerous other people.

I suggest you stay away from psychedelics (including marijuana) for a while, clean up your diet of junk food, start an intense aerobic exercise regime (like running) and get into a short- to medium- term therapy, preferably with a transpersonal therapist.

I know you probably think that the number and intensity of your symptoms require strong medicine like tranquilizers, antipsychotics or antidepressants but that might not be the case at all. I'm not saying those things might not be useful - they might. But you can get through most of this without them.

Remember - it will take time, but it can be done. As an interesting read you might want to look at the book Darkness Shinning Wild. It was written by Robert Augustus Masters and it talks about his personal psychotic deperealization/depersonalization experience that was induced by 5-meo-DMT use. It took Robert 9 months to get back to some sane level. Very interesting read.

Good luck!

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineMrBuzin
Stranger
Male

Re: anxiety... considering taking benzos [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6571301 - 02/15/07 06:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:
Derealization/depersonalization disorders combined with anxiety can be a bitch, but you can get through them my friend. It usually takes a while but it can be done. I've been plagued with the same issues for months at the time, but I've gotten myself together and so did numerous other people.

I suggest you stay away from psychedelics (including marijuana) for a while, clean up your diet of junk food, start an intense aerobic exercise regime (like running) and get into a short- to medium- term therapy, preferably with a transpersonal therapist.

I know you probably think that the number and intensity of your symptoms require strong medicine like tranquilizers, antipsychotics or antidepressants but that might not be the case at all. I'm not saying those things might not be useful - they might. But you can get through most of this without them.

Remember - it will take time, but it can be done. As an interesting read you might want to look at the book Darkness Shinning Wild. It was written by Robert Augustus Masters and it talks about his personal psychotic deperealization/depersonalization experience that was induced by 5-meo-DMT use. It took Robert 9 months to get back to some sane level. Very interesting read.

Good luck!

i'm taking the bus down to the book shop today. and i'll check it out. thank you. i'll try therapy but i dont know how good it will do.... thanks again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale