Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Level 5--beenthere done that.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spirit Ditch
anxiety- please help
    #1514680 - 05/02/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ive had horrible anxiety for months now... it all started after I did a huge amount of crystal meth one night...now everyday of my life I worry about my heart because after that large dose my heart beats harder, and I can actually look at my chest and see my heart beat. I need a cure.

I cant even watch a movie or play a video game because If im just sitting in a chair I can count my heartbeats without even feeling my chest. Ive talked to people about it and they tell me I can die from stress and thats just making it worse.. because I worry about that .. anyone have any tips or anything at all please?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: anxiety- please help [Re: Intheneed]
    #1514797 - 05/02/03 02:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

go to a doctor if you think your heart has changed behavior

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
Re: anxiety- please help [Re: Strumpling]
    #1514861 - 05/02/03 02:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've sent this in a PM and email too:

"Hello there. I just read your post about the anxiety you're having, and I'd like to see if I can help. I've been in pretty much the same situation as you have.

One night I was smoking pot, and I became accutely aware of my heart beat. It eventually led to a panic attack, and I was unable to control my panic attack and I ended up in hospital.

After that, I started becoming aware of my heart beat, and because of this it started beating harder (because of the anxiety), which made me more frightened and it went in a vicious circle. I would suffer major panic attacks about 5 times a day. Sometimes I'd be in bed, and because my heart beat resonated on the matress, I'd become scared again. Everytime I had these episodes, I would think I was going to die

Anyway I went to the doctor, who didn't seem to take my problem too seriously and he put me on prozac. I wasn't depressed so I decided not to take them (dunno if that was a good idea or bad idea, but still!).
I hadn't told anyone about my problem until about 8 months after the night i went to hospital (I was still suffering just as bad at that point), but I decided to tell my best friend. She said that her mum has the same problem, and that she took a herbal remedy to help her called St Johns Wort, and that she avoids anything with caffiene in it.

I decided to start taking St Johns Wort, 100mg capsules, thrice a day. After a week my problem had almost vanished. I am not entirely sure if this is a placebo, but it's a pretty powerful one if it is a placebo, because my problem was that bad.
As a precaution, I don't have anything with caffiene in it. So instead of drinking tea, I have hot water and milk, and so on.

Anyways, please PM me back, or email at this address witnesstoamurder@hotmail.com

No stranger than that!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: anxiety- please help [Re: Intheneed]
    #1514939 - 05/02/03 03:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: anxiety- please help [Re: World Spirit]
    #1515063 - 05/02/03 04:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if your heartbeat stresses you whilest sleeping, try oropax. It might calm you down , if you dont hear it anymore before sleeping.

Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being