Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Churches Everywhere (reform related)
    #6556333 -

So, there are churches in almost every city in the usa. Who pays for these churches? I assume the gov to some small part helps them. I know they pass a hat around as well, but do they really collect enough from just a hat?

Most churches are "EXTREEMLY" nice.

Anyways my point is that "most" churches have the "brainwashing" intergrated into them...teaching drugs bad, killing is ok, ect ect.

This system is "WAY" too effecient at what it does, in other words 2 many people are being brainwashed by a huge machine....a well oiled machine.

As long as it continues with zero fight....we will never win and its apparent, as everyday a "new" news article shows more and more ignorance and parents are at the forefront agreeing with it all(most parents are behind it these new laws) however it is the gov that is creating these parents i believe.



So my point is that we need to kick start a oiled machine of our own.

We have such strong beliefs as individuals, or even as a community here or their on websites....but we "HIDE" out in the real world....never showing our opinions in an organized way (like they do).

1. We need to create churches of our own (althow we would never be able to finance them).

2. We should go to (their) churches, learn of their "ways" and use it against them or take notes on how to brainwash for our own churches.

3. slowly convert those at the churches, spreading our ideas a little at a time as to not overwhelm their small fragil minds.

4. Speak out at city consule meetings regarding town issues (related to our beliefs) because our "opponents" are doing this consistently whereas we "hide".

5. Don't hide? Express your freedom of speech even if the only impact it has is annoying "them". Show that we have a voice AND we use it too.

6. We really need to form at least a "club" that is actively involved in doing such things as previosuly stated. We must orgainize, instead of individualize.


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6556472 -

:lol:

Kids these days and their protesting ideas


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6557020 -

Well the church I belong to is fully funded by donations (voluntary). The only thing we get from government is exemption from taxes and we wouldn't ever accept more even if it were offered. There is no brainwashing. They do have classes and bible studies, but it is mostly discussion oriented. Many people in my church do not think that the law should be based on morality and that drugs should be legal and that the state should have no role in marriage (they still believe that homosexuality is wrong, but the state has no right to regulate a religious and social institution). Most people I go to church with are well educated and think for themselves.


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: z@z.com]
    #6557196 -

The last church I visited wouldn't let me in the front door because I wasn't wearing a suit with a tie. (Assemblies of God, for the curious.) I guess the best a humble college student could afford for dress wasn't good enough for Jesus. I don't know about other churches, but the Assemblies of God can kiss my ...

The only faith that judged me was Christianity. I visited with Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Christians when I was in college. The only group that made it clear that I wasn't good enough for them were the Christians. The Jews accepted me, but tried to talk me out of converting to Judaism (something that I respected). Everybody else welcomed me with open arms.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: Seuss]
    #6557200 -

The church in my town was closed down and converted into a pizza and pancake restaurant!

I love living in what is probably the most irreligious country on earth.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6557532 -

:confused: Are you talking about some sort of moneymaking scheme?

If so, count me in! :thumbup:


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6557591 -

My dad is an Episcopal minister (still a good guy though) and I'll let you know where churches get their income. When your grandmother died (theoretically) I can almost guarantee that she left a chunk of money to her parish. What parishes (or the vestry/council) do next is invest that money into an interest bearing account of some sort (money market/stock market/etc) and then use the interest that is gained as the other means of income since the collection baskets really don't provide enough for the church to survive. They also get to do this tax free (ZERO GOVT MONEY). The diocese survive in the same manner. Churches are required to pay a certain percentage of their yearly "income" up the chain and so forth. The diocese also sits on a chunk of investments. I have seen houses, cars, money, stock, household items (antiques) and land donated from wills. Whatever the vestry chooses to do with it is up to them.


--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^


--------------------------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: Seuss]
    #6557617 -

Seuss said:
The last church I visited wouldn't let me in the front door because I wasn't wearing a suit with a tie. (Assemblies of God, for the curious.) I guess the best a humble college student could afford for dress wasn't good enough for Jesus. I don't know about other churches, but the Assemblies of God can kiss my ...

The only faith that judged me was Christianity. I visited with Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Christians when I was in college. The only group that made it clear that I wasn't good enough for them were the Christians. The Jews accepted me, but tried to talk me out of converting to Judaism (something that I respected). Everybody else welcomed me with open arms.



I have been to several different Christian churches wearing jeans and a t-shirt and have never been turned away. The only one that said anything at all about it told me that "God wants you here no matter what you're wearing."

But I never go near any churches that seem to me elitist or imperialist such as the 7th day adventurers, or Jehova's eye-witnesses. I go to small, humble looking churches whenever I go and usually the experience I get is what I expected.

Churches have bad apples like anything else. Some actually do preach love and good will.


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #6557657 -

There's merely a divide between asshole Christians and hippy Christians. I have seen churches where the minister had dreadlocks.


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: Seuss]
    #6558962 -

Seuss said:
The Jews accepted me, but tried to talk me out of converting to Judaism (something that I respected).



They tried to talk you out of it? That's weird. :confused:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6559262 -

Ummmm, no it is not the least bit weird, it's the way they are. They are not at all interested in converts unless you beg them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: Seuss]
    #6565531 -

Seuss said:
The last church I visited wouldn't let me in the front door because I wasn't wearing a suit with a tie. (Assemblies of God, for the curious.) I guess the best a humble college student could afford for dress wasn't good enough for Jesus. I don't know about other churches, but the Assemblies of God can kiss my ...

The only faith that judged me was Christianity. I visited with Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Christians when I was in college. The only group that made it clear that I wasn't good enough for them were the Christians. The Jews accepted me, but tried to talk me out of converting to Judaism (something that I respected). Everybody else welcomed me with open arms.



That is not standard practice. I wear jeans, a tshirt, and sandals to church. I have never had a single person condemn me for it. The entire basis of Christianity is that no man is worthy of God's forgiveness.


Luke 16:19-25 "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.'"


--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: z@z.com]
    #6566514 -

Yeah, I would say he stumbled into the wrong church. The one he went to might be the same one Bush goes to.

Fuck all the tie-wearing, hypocritical elitists, especially such elitists that call themselves Christians! :thumbdown: They give religion the bad name it gets here on the Shroomery, and everywhere else.

My whole religion is to love and wait. That's it. Drugs help the wait.

You see, Christ never said "become a Christian". He said love. If you love, you have "accepted Christ".

So you see, religion is just a plan. My plan (religion), is to love and wait.

I don't wear suits or ties. Ever. Sorry Pat Robinson. :finger:


--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Churches Everywhere (reform related) [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #6566786 -

You can join my church. I'm an ordained minister.

http://www.ulc.net/

My religion is based on the belief that women need to take more active penetrational roles during sex.

3 billion people on this planet have no penis of their own. Won't you help? For just pennies a day you can provide a woman with her very own harness and double dildo which she can then use to bang the gender(s) of her choice.

Also, if you would like to donate your bootie to the cause, we also accept that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What have christians contributed to modern society?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
trendalM 6,399 78 03/19/17 04:53 AM
by viktor
* Three killed in Egypt church riot Los_Pepes 413 0 10/22/05 10:43 AM
by Los_Pepes
* Is the US a Christian nation?
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 2,911 22 11/15/03 10:57 PM
by SquattingMarmot
* Reform or Revolution?
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 4,304 59 06/28/04 02:05 AM
by Tao
* Black Zimbabweans suffer in land reform lonestar2004 301 0 08/25/05 11:05 AM
by lonestar2004
* The Founding Fathers and Christianity TheOneYouKnow 1,155 9 03/15/04 11:09 AM
by afoaf
* anti-christian bias afoaf 1,202 19 11/18/05 06:04 PM
by leery11
* Convert Jews, Christians to Islam, Saudi Cleric says. (Even better then Killing them)
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 1,490 21 01/12/05 10:17 AM
by SWEDEN

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
990 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 36 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.