Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Mrs. President Clinton
    #6479845 -

Hillary Rodham Clinton embarked on a widely anticipated campaign to become the first female U.S. president


Hillary Clinton launches presidential bid
Last Updated: Saturday, January 20, 2007 | 10:29 AM ET
CBC News
Hillary Rodham Clinton embarked on a widely anticipated campaign to become the first female U.S. president, announcing Saturday on her website, "I'm in. And I'm in to win."

The 59-year-old Democratic New York senator said she was forming an "exploratory committee" to run for president and wanted input from the public on key issues.

"Let's talk about how to bring the right end to the war in Iraq and to restore respect for America around the world, how to make us energy independent and free of foreign oil … and let's definitely talk about how every American can have quality affordable health care."

Among many voters, Clinton is best known for her disastrous attempt in 1993 to overhaul the U.S. health-care system.

A few days ago, Senator Barack Obama, a Democrat from Illinois, shook up the 2008 race with his bid to become the first African-American to occupy the White House.

Democratic New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, who would be the first Hispanic to pursue the office, intends to announce his plans on Sunday.

Clinton's husband, Bill, served two terms in the White House from 1993-2001.

Saturday's announcement is the latest step in a remarkable political and personal journey for Hillary Clinton — from Arkansas lawyer to first lady to New York senator to projected front-runner for the Democratic nomination.

A polarizing figure since she burst onto the national scene during her husband's first presidential campaign, Clinton engenders strong opinions among voters, who either revere or revile her, but are rarely ambivalent.

She is often compared to her husband and found lacking in his natural charisma. Others have criticized her for being overly cautious and calculating when so many voters say they crave authenticity.

Many Democrats, eager to reclaim the White House after eight years of President George W. Bush, fret that she carries too much baggage from her husband's scandal-plagued presidency to win a general election.

Supporters cite strong work ethic

Clinton's allies counter by citing her strengths — intelligence, depth of experience, work ethic and immense command of policy detail.

Advisers argue those skills, plus her popularity among women and younger voters, position her strongly as both a primary and general election candidate.

In her first run for the Senate from New York in 2000 — a state where she had never lived and where she was branded a carpetbagger by many — Clinton won a landslide victory.

Through dogged campaigning — including a "listening tour" of the state's 62 counties — Clinton was able to convince voters even in the conservative upstate region that she would represent them effectively in Washington.

Clinton's 2002 vote authorizing military force in Iraq has become a significant political challenge — angering activists who want her to repudiate her vote and aggressively seek to block Bush's proposed troop increase.

She has toughened her criticism of the conduct of the war and Bush's handling of the conflict, and she recently called for capping troop levels in Iraq at around 140,000.

She has rejected calls from liberal groups to cut off funds for Bush's planned increase in U.S. troops.

With files from the Associated Press


--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: carbonhoots]
    #6480561 -

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/video/

This is reason enough not to vote for her.


--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: carbonhoots]
    #6480665 -

Please God, dont make me vote Republican again...............!!!!!


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #6481182 -

Ive always voted for a third party. Not because I dont like either candidate but I believe that we need more support for a third party in our current system.

I hate to say it but I told you so.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3321549#3321549

But I told you so.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: GabbaDj]
    #6481200 -

From what I hear, she going to make a law.That anyone who cheats on there wife will be put to death.


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Brainiac]
    #6481235 -

i said this in another post but ill say it again, this women banned gta san andres in new york without fully researching the topic( a person "created" a mod for sex in the game...the game wasn't made with it).

So anyone who enacts laws to "look good" without doing research does not need to be running for prez.....althow i would think by now that we should all know it doesn't matter who is prez....its these idiots in congress that are currupt and passes all the laws.

Lastly, does anyone remember all the ads talking about scandles and money these congress men took illegally yet they are still allowed to be and run for congress....its insane some of these congress men were making more money than BUSH!


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: carbonhoots]
    #6485034 -

The question is... will America elect a political nanny such as Hillary?


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Basilides]
    #6485046 -

big-baby needs one now when the pederast bush is leaving :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #6485081 -

SirTripAlot said:
Please God, dont make me vote Republican again...............!!!!!



Tell me about it, for 24 years we've been ruled by either Clintons or Bush's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6486635 -

Its a cruel, sick fucking joke. :frown:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6486727 -

I'm voting Libertarian 100% if she wins the Democratic primary. I really hope she doesn't.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: carbonhoots]
    #6487065 -

can you say "dick cheney in a skirt"??...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Annapurna1]
    #6487455 -

Wow, we're gonna be one miserable forum if she's elected.


--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Gijith]
    #6487521 -

Gijith said:
Wow, we're gonna be one miserable forum if she's elected.



This place is going to look more and more like Rush Limbaugh. The right-wingers who have become so dominant here will bitch about her non-stop, and the left-wingers left around won't care enough to defend her. Fortunately, I don't think she's going to get the nomination.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Silversoul]
    #6487544 -

You have a prediction?


--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Gijith]
    #6487570 -

Gijith said:
You have a prediction?



My guess is that Obama will get it, though it's too soon to tell. All I know is that Hillary is a very divisive figure, and I don't think the Dems are going to go for her. We'll see who else runs, but it will be interesting to see a black candidate and a female candidate as the main contenders, even more so if one of them gets elected.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Silversoul]
    #6487586 -

I wont bitch about here non-stop!  :gethigh:

I think I would prefer her to Obama...  And I would definitely prefer her to Edwards.  In fact the only lefty I dislike less than her is Bill Richardson, for some reason...

Quote:
it will be interesting to see a black candidate and a female candidate as the main contenders, even more so if one of them gets elected.


Interesting yes.  But will it have any real impact once president?  Probably not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Silversoul]
    #6487696 -

Obama seems to have an unbelievable gift for politics. And I have to say, if he's nominated, I think he'd be one of the better Democrat/Republican candidate since the Kennedys.

Still, it's hard to even add up all the possible stones any given 527 Group might throw at him.

Assuming Tom Vilsack makes it another year, it'll be up to Democrats in New Hampshire. For some reason, I'd think they'd prefer Hillary. Not sure why.


--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Gijith]
    #6488055 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mrs. President Clinton [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6488200 -

Disco Cat said:




:whacker:


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Clinton on the Larry King show wingnutx 851 15 07/24/03 07:41 PM
by SlapnutRob
* The Irony of Clinton's Medical Situation Ancalagon 899 2 09/09/04 03:49 PM
by Phred
* Remarks by Vice President Cheney on the War on Terror lonestar2004 1,258 13 11/25/05 10:50 PM
by gregorio
* Did the President Lie about Iraq?
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 5,730 50 06/24/05 11:42 PM
by Swami
* Leading Democrats Weigh In on Iraq
( 1 2 all )
wingnutx 1,841 33 10/14/03 02:50 PM
by silversoul7
* Democrats Fear 'October Surprise' ekomstop 1,666 12 10/04/04 02:20 PM
by Ancalagon
* Who is your favorite President and why?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Innvertigo 6,732 75 02/09/02 02:14 PM
by Anonymous
* Compared to George Bush, Clinton was Conservative
( 1 2 all )
Skeptikos 4,661 31 01/20/06 12:11 AM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,411 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 49 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.