Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
dosing while pregnant
    #635830 - 05/18/02 10:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hello. my wife is 6 months pregnant right now, and she has never tripped before and wants to really bad. would it be harmful to the baby for her to take mushrooms? or would it safe. must know. for her sake and our baby's sake. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: dalorean]
    #635885 - 05/18/02 11:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Taking drugs would be the last thing I would do if I was expecting a baby...
This is a very very bad idea.
Shrooms affect our brain and may definitely alter your baby's brain which is being built.
Please, tell her to wait !

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #635889 - 05/18/02 11:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say wait.
People drink all the time when pregnant and sometimes there is deformaties, sometimes not. People smoke all the time when pregnant and sometimes there is deformaties, sometimes not.
Just think what would happen to a fetus that was triping. It would surely be the next hitler!

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (05/18/02 11:56 PM)

Offlinedalorean
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: recalcitrant]
    #635912 - 05/19/02 12:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thank you. i will tell her impatient ass to wait. i don't think its worth it. one trip that can leave you with a life time consequence. not worth it. i will just eat them all in front of her and let her watch me! she'll sure enjoy that.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #635966 - 05/19/02 03:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You should not even be considering such possibility!
Second what ever your wife consumes so will the baby.
Third if your wife wants to do it now she should not have a baby, it is very irresponsible.
I hate to come down hard on you but posts like this gives shroomers a very bad image and gives all the right and justifications for the law to come down on us!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #635987 - 05/19/02 04:22 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Assholes.

If you have to even ask this question then neither one of you has enough brains to have a baby. Save the world from another half wit and have her get an abortion.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #636064 - 05/19/02 06:40 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If your wife ingests the shrooms then the baby will trip too.. just as it isn't a good idea for anyone under the age of 18 or even 20 to trip (as their brain has not yet finished maturing) it would be an even worse idea for the baby to trip. You wouldn't feed shrooms to a 5 year old kid would you? Let alone a baby.It might go insane or have crazy mental problems or something. I doubt any actual physical harm would come to the baby unless your wife had a panic attack or a seizure or something but nevertheless the possible mental harm is huge. DON'T let her trip.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #636074 - 05/19/02 06:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

luvdemshrooms: some may think your being too hard, i for one agree with ya 110%

I started out reading the first part of it assuming it would be hypothetical, but by the originators last post i think he was serious.

I hope social services are on their toes in his area.

Offlinedalorean
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: windex]
    #636080 - 05/19/02 07:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well all this brings up the question of how safe are shrooms in general. one could easily eat a wrong one and die from it. if mushrooms are such a tough game like this, what makes one think that magic mushrooms are any safer? obviousely they aren't deadly, but i'm sure they aint 100% safe either. i am only 19, which, yes, is young to be a family man. but shit happens and you got to take responsibility for it. and to the man who made the comment on abortion, i hope you burn for talking like that. especially about my child.i think your mom should've had an abortion w/ you. i wasn't gonna let my lady trip anyways, i was just asking for the benefit of knowledge.

Edited by dalorean (05/19/02 07:16 AM)

Anonymous

#636082 - 05/19/02 07:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I read about someone who did MDMA all the time during her pregnancy and nothing was wrong with her child.. Could be false, though.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#636108 - 05/19/02 07:48 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

well all this brings up the question of how safe are shrooms in general. one could easily eat a wrong one and die from it.

Wrong, I am an adult who has the capability to make my own choices, the only question here is why you and your partner would consider this for even a second.

In reply to:

i am only 19, which, yes, is young to be a family man. but shit happens and you got to take responsibility for it.

Wear a fuckin condom.

In reply to:

i wasn't gonna let my lady trip anyways, i was just asking for the benefit of knowledge.

Oh really? Sure sounded like it in the first post. And you sure sound like a sexist asshole to me.

And as for burning? Where? Obviously there is no god or hell or your future child would be blessed with parents that have brains.

Asshole!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblepsilosinner
Sinner
Male

Loc: Follow the yellow brick r...
    #636133 - 05/19/02 08:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

honestly that was a stupid of you to even consider asking/doing/posting/whatever
i'm not going to go off on you like others just think of your unborn kid man - that's all people are trying to say

--------------------
"I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example."
- Mick Miller -

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: recalcitrant]
    #636135 - 05/19/02 08:24 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Or the next Frank Zappa...

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: psilosinner]
    #636144 - 05/19/02 08:33 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm surprised how agressive most replies are.

I just want to underline a point. Asking and seeking for knowledge IS a good thing. As far as I've understood, his wife has NOT taken shrooms yet. And it seems that she won't take some during her pregnancy. Then where is the problem ??? How can someone without that knowledge can guess how a pregnant woman react ? True they should have known the answer (especially after 6 months !) but if they had no information before, asking is definitely the best thing to do !!!

Being aggressive, rude or stupid (abortion suggestion) is not the way to go. If people have to learn something, then teach them. But do not despise them ! That the worst thing to do. Not everyone has the opportunity to receive a "good" education.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: tomldp]
    #636184 - 05/19/02 09:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone who has even the brains of a rock should know the answer to the question that was asked. In this day and age there is no excuse for such blatent stupidity. Anyone having a child who does not know that anything the mother consumes the baby consumes is far too stupid to be having children. That was the point of my abortion comment. The world would be a better place if dolts such as this were sterilized. The offspring of such idiots are likely to be just as stupid as the parents.

I do despise stupid people. I also despise those who try to excuse stupidity.

And a good education, whether through schools or on your own, IS available to all. If you have the desire, you can learn no matter how poor the schools are. Ever hear of a library? Or pamphlets available at a doctors office? Or all the other freebies available to those not too stupid or lazy to seek them?

Raise the level ot the gene pool, sterilize stupid people!

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #636210 - 05/19/02 09:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lester grinspoon talked to kids born of hippie parents back in the day, many of whom were in utero dosed... and found them to be deligtful young adults... see his _psychedelics reconsidered_ for more info....
that said, ingesting ay drug duing pregnncy should be carefully weighed as to pros & cons....

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

#636211 - 05/19/02 09:49 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think we'll never agree on that subject luvdemshrooms.
You think there is no excuse and you despise them.
I think there is no excuse, but I consider the best we could do is to try to help them.

>I also despise those who try to excuse stupidity.
There is no way I excuse "stupidity". I just try to fight against it and not to spread it.

Your ideas are dangerous. I'm sure you are the kind of people who can support a nazi/fascist government. Not because you may be an extremist, but because you are fondamentally intolerant.

I'll never try to convince you, but I'll always fight against you for such ideas.

--------------------

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: tomldp]
    #636215 - 05/19/02 09:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LOL !
Since I started to write in this post, I lost 2 stars. This rating system is not designed for people who express their opinions !

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: dosing while pregnant [Re: _JJ_]
    #636226 - 05/19/02 10:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Kids in Thailand eat Psilocybz from the age of 7.
Maria Sabina had shrooms at the age of 4.
Drugs during pregnancy is not a very good idea.
She wouldnt enjoy it anyway, running up and down with that belly. lol

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #636268 - 05/19/02 10:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

>If you have the desire, you can learn no matter how poor the schools are. Ever hear of a library? Or pamphlets available at a doctors office? Or all the other freebies available to those not too stupid or lazy to seek them?

Or asking a question on a 'mushroom community message board' about something is a good way to learn.

>Raise the level ot the gene pool, sterilize stupid people!

I think you'll find its spelled of not ot

>Since I started to write in this post, I lost 2 stars. This rating system is not designed for people who express their opinions !

You still have 3, thats a few more than other users!!

Back to the original question, no Dalorean, its not a good idea. The baby is still forming, although there is very little information on this subject, apart from anti-drug propaganda, best to wait eh? And remember, these chemicals may be carried in the mothers milk too, bad for baby, ok for u tho!

And to clear up some of the misinformation on this subject, small children do not trip on psychedelics such as psilocybin and lsd. Nor do they have any effect from drugs such as ketamine, this is why K is still used as a child anaesthetic.

>well all this brings up the question of how safe are shrooms in general. one could easily eat a wrong one and die from it.

Psilocybin mushrooms have been used for centuries without any known side effect, of course you could eat the wrong one but psilocybin are generally safe.

>if mushrooms are such a tough game like this, what makes one think that magic mushrooms are any safer? obviousely they aren't deadly, but i'm sure they aint 100% safe either.

Only psychological effects are an issue here, people with underlying mental health problems could find themselves in deep water during a tryp.

> i am only 19, which, yes, is young to be a family man. but shit happens and you got to take responsibility for it. and to the man who made the comment on abortion, i hope you burn for talking like that.

Yes it was a dumb reply, some people know no better.

>especially about my child.i think your mom should've had an abortion w/ you. i wasn't gonna let my lady trip anyways, i was just asking for the benefit of knowledge

There are some who will share their knowledge with you and some who think of themselves as better than you because they may possess a small bit of knowledge, they will flame you instead of answering your question. Don't be afraid to ask a question here if you are unsure of something, but remember to ignore some of the posts which people reply with, they do it to spark a reaction.

Good luck with the baby.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience